Help choosing a resort for trip #2

Skibum1970

Problem is for this next trip I would really like to dial down on the cost, so instead of WL I've been looking at moderate resorts.

Port Orleans French Quarter. Ol' Slappy covered it very well. With you liking Disney Springs dining, you could take the boat to/from POFQ and DS. It's very relaxing and accommodates people with mobility constraints. Bus rides are 15-20 minutes and the buses are pretty dependable. Cost is around $220 - $250, depending on discounts. You can occasionally find them for just under $200/night.

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Right now I don't think I'll be renting DVC points, because I don't fully understand the system and want to be more familiar with it before I try. I think we'll be going with the Swan and Dolphin- it looks as nice as a deluxe imo at moderate prices. I appreciate all the great information you guys gave me!

righttrack

Dialing the cost down
Restaurant availability
Size of resort (smaller, more manageable)

These priorities lead you to only a few places.

The Swan will meet all three of these needs, again cost will only come down so much. Look for combination travel deals on the travel websites for that.

Port Orleans French Quarter is good but it is a little lacking in the restaurant department. Sure there is a bar and decent quick service food. The sit-down restaurant for that "resort" is at Riverside, which is quite far if you have limited mobility. Still, I would consider it. Everything else sounds like exactly what you want.

Port Orleans Riverside may have all you are looking for, if you can get a building that is close to everything you want. (Building 14 for example). The whole resort is massive however.

correcaminos

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Right now I don't think I'll be renting DVC points, because I don't fully understand the system and want to be more familiar with it before I try. I think we'll be going with the Swan and Dolphin- it looks as nice as a deluxe imo at moderate prices. I appreciate all the great information you guys gave me!
The Swan is the smaller of the two, but the Dolpin had more dining options. The pools there are fantastic too. Not totally Disney, but a great option for the prices they using offer. I have always loved my stays there (where I look to stay if not using DVC). I hope you do too!

Disneyfan_76

Yes, we have stayed at both YC and BC. BC is a tad closer to the Epcot International Gateway entrance (a 5-minute walk), while YC is a tad closer to Disney's Hollywood Studios (a 15-minute walk). Food options are good both in the hotels and the adjacent Boardwalk and Swolphin hotel complexes, and if those aren't enough, you can cruise into Epcot's world showcase in about 10 minutes. The pool is such a sought-after perk that they implemented active measures to keep non-resort guests out of it.

We like BC so much, it's our intended destination during our upcoming trip this September.
Yes, the BC/YC pool is absolutely epic. My kids could have spent the whole day there.
0508181835.jpg0508181836.jpg
The sand bar was one of there favorites, and the waterslides.

BoarderPhreak

Swan or Dolphin - IF you can get a room (one or both are often booked up or don't have the stretch you need). Walking distance to the Boardwalk and Epcot. Tons of food options there and in the hotels. Pool is nice.

There are times when the buses are shared with other resorts (maybe when it's busy) but it's usually just Swan and Dolphin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom