Help! Best way to include Wishes?!

Sleeping-Beauty

Original Poster
Hi there. Can anyone recommend the best way to include Wishes fireworks in our Wedding? We would love a Wishes Cruise on Grand 1 but we may have too many guests (20-25) for that. I could hire 2-3 pontoon boats but am not sure how the photography would work? (Can a photographer join us onbaord as we really want to capture some of those beautiful shots of the couple with fireworks in the background). Has anyone used Sago Cay for reception/dessert party? Is the view good/photography turn out good? I've heard positive and negative reviews. Also heard about viewing from the roof top of the California Grill? How many people can get up there? Could a photographer be with us? Can you hear the Wishes music? Sorry! A million questions i know, but any help would be most appreciated and i am open to any other suggestions! Wishes has real sentimental value for us as we got engaged after the fireworks! Many Thanks xxx

stlbobby

The Cali Grill has two viewing platforms that are reserved for restaurant patrons only. The only problem there would be the crowds that gather for Wishes. They do have a separate dining room for receptions and such, and I have seen them reserve one of the platforms for gatherings there. I'm not sure what their rules are on that. Your best bet is to call the Cali Grill directly.

Narcoossee's in the Grand Floridian is one of my favorite places to view Wishes. It is a small place right across the lake from MK. A crowd the size you are talking about would dominate the restaurant, it would almost be a private party. I think a good photographer could line up some great shots, but you'd definitely want to scout it out before hand. Again calling Narcoossee's directly is your best bet.

For something more fun and casual you might try the beach at the Polynesian. You would easily have room for a large group and a photographer. I there are small cabana style bars right there, so might be able to turn it into a casual reception. For this you want to talk to the concierge at the Polynesian.

Finally, you might want to splurge and have your photos taken right in the Magic Kingdom. I know they charge a fee for this, but the expert photogs will get you in the perfect spot for some amazing photos.

I've never actually done any of these, I'm just going by what I know of the area, and what kinds of things I've seen happen.

You will be surprised what the CM's can provide and the knowledge they have if you ask the right questions and are planning far enough in advance.

I got married at WDW 4 years ago, my anniversary was last week, and it was one of the best experiences.

Have you picked a venue? Do you know when you are doing it?

Wilson-uk

Last week we had a private dinner with Disney managers, press and out tour guides in the private dinning room at the california grille. We had the right hand side viewing platform to ourselves and gave a fantastic view.

If you could book this then it would be perfect for your guests.

The night before that myself and fiance were on the grand 1 yacht (thats were i proposed) and gave a much better view but as mentioned it cant hold your number of guests.

DisGal

Hi,
I was married last November at WDW and we did a few things to include Wishes. Our rehearsal dinner was at California Grill - its a great viewing spot and all of our guests absolutely loved it. We had originally booked the dessert party at the GF after our wedding, but ended up cancelling it. It was just too much dessert after already having dinner and cake and thought it just wouldn't be worth it. We were a smaller wedding (escape) and ended up renting 2 pontoon boats for the Wishes cruise. It worked out great - we were able to have drinks on board and it was a fun way to end the evening. They kept both boats close together and I think they tied both together during the fireworks. I'm not sure about having a photographer on board - there is not tons of walking/standing room etc. -we did not have one with us.

evilqueen916

Depending on when your wedding is, they have the Wishes Dessert Party going on right now at the Magic Kingdom. You have a private spot over by the noodle station and lots of yummy desserts during the fireworks! Not sure all of the details but it's worth looking into! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom