Hello Universal!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, since SSE sucks, I thought it was time to revisit Universal and Islands of Adventure.

I hear they're building a Harry Potter thingy :)

Not to mention, while Universal is consistently underwhelming, they don't at any point completely suck the way SSE now does.

So.. *blows the dust off this abandoned forum* Who wants to tell me what's new and coming next for me to be excited about and take pictures of?

disney4life2008

I am probally in the minority- but I LOVE Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. In contrast to MGM Studios- Universal has more of the studio live action feel where as MGM is more manicured. However, with the closing of Nick Studios- I am not sure if I would feel like that still (I havent been since 2001). The rides at Universal are great- I loved Earthquake when it was open; King Kong; Jaws (however, in 2007 many of these attractions are very outdated!). Though, the best part about Universal is the I love Lucy Tribute!!! The food at Universal is TERRIBLE- the best resturant is by the Earthquake Attraction if it is still open. The 50s diner is a WASTE of money.

Islands of Adventure is better than Universal- however, it appeals to the 10 and up crowds who like ADVENTURE (hence the name, lol). I am not a roller coaster person- the only ride I remember I liked was Dudley Do Rights water ride and Spideman. Plus, they do a horrible job catering to their guests of larger size so I stay away from that park.

Overall, I would NOT travel to Orlando for a Universal Vacation, I would feel cheated. My heart will forever be with Walt Disney World!!!

sknydave

I'm going to have to see what everyone is so upset about at SSE. Maybe it will be open when I head over there one of these days

cmatt

Well, since SSE sucks, I thought it was time to revisit Universal and Islands of Adventure.

Not to mention, while Universal is consistently underwhelming, they don't at any point completely suck the way SSE now does.

So.. *blows the dust off this abandoned forum* Who wants to tell me what's new and coming next for me to be excited about and take pictures of?

eh?

abandoned....

ABANDONED?!!!!

:rolleyes:

anyway welcome - just take a picture of everything - as it is infantely superior to anyride disney can muster :)

primetime52

Wow Merf......SSE must suck realllyyy badly if it's making you experience knee jerk reactions like this. Posting on the Universal board? Shocking!

primetime52

I should also mention that if SSE is as bad as you say it is... maybe I should consider moving to SoCal and becoming a frequent DLR visitor as I currently am for WDW.

kcnole

Universal doesn't need your negativity Merf, just wait till you learn about the idea to put Hollywood Dream into USF. If you thought SSE was bad, you'd have a conniption over that.

I rather enjoyed the Grinch musical they have going on right now. Its pretty obvious that one of the Grinches in the musical was one of the Jacks during the Carnival of Carnage show...the laugh was identical. lol

I'll definitely be getting in line to see that show again and hopefully this time I'll get a seat and be able to see better.

Disaster will be opening this weekend too, so I'd like to see what they've done with that old attraction. Looking forward to an entirely new preshow that's for sure.

darthjohnny

Aw, man.

I can't believe they're bringing the Spaceship Earth negativity here now (in the Universal section.)

Can't we keep that down to one thread? Whatever....

Anyway, I've always love Universal, although, nothing beats Disney.

WDWForever07

Universal is a great park! I am eagerly awaiting the Simpsons ride and the Harry Potter island over at IOA. Only time will tell if this "Hollywood Dream" coaster is true or not.

darthjohnny

I wonder how the Simpsons ride will be.

I will miss the Back to the Future ride though, along with walking through the line listening to all the Huey Lewis and the News and other assorted music from the film. :)

krankenstein

Universal doesn't need your negativity Merf, just wait till you learn about the idea to put Hollywood Dream into USF. If you thought SSE was bad, you'd have a conniption over that.

Is this a serious idea or just some fan boy rumor that is going around?

I have been kind of on the fence since I heard about it a few months back. On the one hand you would have another coaster at Universal to enjoy. On the other I think it would ruin the atmosphere and theming of the Hollywood section. Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

coasterphil

I wonder how the Simpsons ride will be.

I will miss the Back to the Future ride though, along with walking through the line listening to all the Huey Lewis and the News and other assorted music from the film. :)

Bet you won't miss the nausea, headache, and neck/back pain though. :lol:

kcnole

Disaster will be opening this weekend too, so I'd like to see what they've done with that old attraction. Looking forward to an entirely new preshow that's for sure.

I sure hope so as I'm planning on being there Monday to see Disaster. I've heard rumors it could be as late as Christmas Eve however.

As for the coaster rumor, its got a lot of traction. Nothing official has even been hinted at, but the rumor came out of nowhere really fast and from a lot of different people at once. I think it has some truth to it. I just hope it doesn't happen.

darthjohnny

Bet you won't miss the nausea, headache, and neck/back pain though. :lol:

I never experienced nausea, but yeah, the ride was very rough.

As for the coaster rumor, its got a lot of traction. Nothing official has even been hinted at, but the rumor came out of nowhere really fast and from a lot of different people at once. I think it has some truth to it. I just hope it doesn't happen.

I'm not familiar with the roller coaster itself (which is rumored to be the "Hollywood Dream" coaster from Japan) but did hear that Jimmy Neutron might get sacrificed to make way for the new coaster. But those are only rumors, so who knows what will happen.

krankenstein

I'm not familiar with the roller coaster itself (which is rumored to be the "Hollywood Dream" coaster from Japan) but did hear that Jimmy Neutron might get sacrificed to make way for the new coaster. But those are only rumors, so who knows what will happen.

I really hope it doesn't come unless they change it drastically from the version in Japan. It really looks like it ruined the Hollywood section of Universal Studios Japan. I don't know though, recently Universal Creative has been doing some nice things around US and IOA, they might surprise me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Hey, Merf...why don't you tell us how you really feel! :lol:

TowerOfTerror

There have been way too many different rumors running around "Hollywood Dream." If they do build it I really hope that B&M manufactures the ride. I would be really surprised if they added this to their list with all the up coming attractions.

Anyway Universal launched a MobileWeb service, where you can receive ride wait times, park information, and more on your phone.
Check it out here:
http://secure.universalstudios.com/MobileWeb/
OR
http://66.77.171.132/MobileWeb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom