Hello! I am new to this forum.

krowe333

Original Poster
We visited WDW in 2005 and we are now trying to plan another trip for spring break 2012. It looks like the prices have went way up. We stayed at the Pop Century and are planning on staying here again. We did not do the dining plan, would you suggest that we do this?
A little about my family and I: I have been married 13yrs and we have to beautiful daughters, 10 and 6.
How to get price down to $2000 or less? We don't want the water parks, but do want the park hopper for 5 days. We want to spend 4nights/5days-from Sunday to Thursday. We want to do the Princess bfast at Epcot in the Norway section. Also thinking of Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace-not sure which one is better, the one with Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, or Winnie the Pooh, Eyor, Piglet, Tigger? Like I said earlier, we want to stay in a perferred room at Pop Century.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! From books to purchase, how to get specials, who to book with-WDW or a travel agent?
Thanks,
Kimberley:wave:

MITCH 112198

Well welcome to the forums!!

We always wait for free dining and then upgrade to table service due to now pop century only gets offered counter service. still the better deal to upgrade. always stay in preferred room also and have hopper and take off water passes.

MITCH 112198

we always get the regular dining plan which includes
1 counter 1 table service and 1 snack per person per day

besides online check-in which is wonderful not much has changed

I love Pop. It's one of my favorite resorts and usually where I stay if I stay at a value.

When is your spring break? Last year there were discounts for most of March but not April. Just keep an eye out for disounts and sign up at Disney.com in the hopes that you'll get a pin code. When you do, give Disney a call.

Good luck.

laxchik18

We visited WDW in 2005 and we are now trying to plan another trip for spring break 2012. It looks like the prices have went way up. We stayed at the Pop Century and are planning on staying here again. We did not do the dining plan, would you suggest that we do this?
A little about my family and I: I have been married 13yrs and we have to beautiful daughters, 10 and 6.
How to get price down to $2000 or less? We don't want the water parks, but do want the park hopper for 5 days. We want to spend 4nights/5days-from Sunday to Thursday. We want to do the Princess bfast at Epcot in the Norway section. Also thinking of Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace-not sure which one is better, the one with Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, or Winnie the Pooh, Eyor, Piglet, Tigger? Like I said earlier, we want to stay in a perferred room at Pop Century.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! From books to purchase, how to get specials, who to book with-WDW or a travel agent?
Thanks,
Kimberley:wave:
My family and i always do the dinig plan, though i do not pay or anything since i am still a kid and go with my mom, dad and brother=) but its awesome bc you get to have 1 big sit down meal a day and a BUNCH of snacks!! hope that helps=)

t_catt11

We've always done the dining plan. Once upon a time, it was a tremendous value... the appetizers and desserts went a LONG way. Now? I think that it's more of a convenience.

The standard dining plan is probably worth it if you plan to do a "nice" meal - aka table service every day, or if you want to mix in a couple of the really "fancy" meals (like Le Cellier or Artist Piont) that will eat two table service credits.

Figure that an adult will probably spend $10-$12 on a quick service meal, and a good $30 on a table service. Add in your snack, and you see that the values are very similar to using the dining plan and paying out of pocket.

If, on the other hand, you are okay living off of burgers, chicken fingers, and other quick service food, then the standard plan is a huge waste of money. The quick service plan would be worth it to look into.

For the record, we're doing standard dining this fall... but again, it's more for a convenience thing than anything else.

HouCuseChickie

First off, WELCOME!!! :wave:

Second- You'd have to do the math to see if the dining plan is worth it for you- i.e. are you planning on that level of food.

Third- As for which breakfast...I think some of it comes down to which characters you'd prefer to see...Fab 5 or Pooh and friends. I will say this...if you do Crystal Palace...getting a slot for a pre-park opening breakfast in MK is always nice.

Finally- you might benefit from using a travel agent...i.e. someone who can really crunch the #s for you and work on getting you a deal if some kind of discounts come out for your dates. There are quite a few agents from Kingdom Konsultants on here who everyone raves about...Lord knows they've helped me with some of my crazy questions. :lol: So you might want to check them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom