Hello!!! Goodbye!!!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I have a confession...the parks were the last time my family felt whole. It breaks my heart that they don't care to join me anymore...

I'm odd, I take my kid there (for specific reasons), and my sister (who always grew up with me there) and my grandparents (Grandfather wants to go, but they are too old now) and my parents don't care to join me, even when I offer to pay...
OMG.:( Thats so sad..Hope this doesn't happen to me for a long while..And I wouldn't say your odd..You still can feel the magic and that to me is a special thing,bit like Polar Express,when the parents never heard the bell jingle,yet the children still could.Its all about believing..;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OMG.:( Thats so sad..Hope this doesn't happen to me for a long while..And I wouldn't say your odd..You still can feel the magic and that to me is a special thing,bit like Polar Express,when the parents never heard the bell jingle,yet the children still could.Its all about believing..;)

Yeah, this will sound corny. I am still the only one in my family who believes.

My Grandfather still does, but he's too old to take on trips (at 93)...and my grandmother has always been skeptical.

But, our family has always done Disney, hence me signature. I didn't choose to go that many years, they did!

My sister, finding out that the real world means you need to earn money, lost interest, outside of her tour groups. My mother and father both are focused on themselves, as they have always been. My Uncle and his family thinks Disney California is better. And my sister doesn't care much, as long as she gets paid.

Jo DeVil

Good Morning Folks..Ive a confession to make this morning..No Figgy,it's not drink related. I'am a OCD person..My towels in our bathrooms have to be the same colours ( got them in blue,red,lime,black ) and they all must hang in the same drop off our heated rails.Thats just one example..But when it comes to WDW it continues..My first park I visit when we arrive is always MK and it's the last park we visit at night before saying " See ya all later ".. Question time..Do you have a Hello park and a Goodbye park on your vacation.? Also do have any other things that you would consider to be OCD.? Another example is that first day when I get my refillable mug is to fill it with Root Beer from the food court drink dispensers..;)

Right lets just set some ground rules, being organised is NOT OCD. My friends think my house is like something out of "Sleeping with the enemy" to me having all things in my kitchen cupboards face forwards and the newest at the back in just organised. I have lots of baskets which hold packets, herbs and spices etc so I can take out the basket to get what I want, not having to empty have of the cupboard to find things at the back that are out of date! When I open the cupboard I know what I need to get next time at the shops.

When someone comes to your house they will normally use the loo, so having towels that match and are neatly lined up gives a good impression. I must admit that when I have used friends loos I have changed the toilet roll around to hang down the front! Why Why would you want it hanging down the back!!!!!!!!

I am very organised with my packing I have one of those wonderful shirts folders so everything is the same size! so everything fits neatly in the case and it is virtually crease free.

We like MK to be the first and last park, I also have to completely unpack on first night otherwise it doesn't feel like "Welcome Home".
So remember Organised is a good thing! TTFN Jo

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Right lets just set some ground rules, being organised is NOT OCD. My friends think my house is like something out of "Sleeping with the enemy" to me having all things in my kitchen cupboards face forwards and the newest at the back in just organised. I have lots of baskets which hold packets, herbs and spices etc so I can take out the basket to get what I want, not having to empty have of the cupboard to find things at the back that are out of date! When I open the cupboard I know what I need to get next time at the shops.

When someone comes to your house they will normally use the loo, so having towels that match and are neatly lined up gives a good impression. I must admit that when I have used friends loos I have changed the toilet roll around to hang down the front! Why Why would you want it hanging down the back!!!!!!!!

I am very organised with my packing I have one of those wonderful shirts folders so everything is the same size! so everything fits neatly in the case and it is virtually crease free.

We like MK to be the first and last park, I also have to completely unpack on first night otherwise it doesn't feel like "Welcome Home".
So remember Organised is a good thing! TTFN Jo
:eek: OCD..You just don't know it yet..;)

First and last stop is always Epcot. With SSE being the first ride I go on. Whiles its no where near the same, it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me, and (even though i know its not true) a part of me wishes that when i go back on it, it will have reverted to Jeremy Irons once again. Also, the smell...there is this odd musty odor that comes from that ride and a lot of the older dark rides. Once I catch a whiff of that, I definitely know i'm in disney :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
First and last stop is always Epcot. With SSE being the first ride I go on. Whiles its no where near the same, it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me, and (even though i know its not true) a part of me wishes that when i go back on it, it will have reverted to Jeremy Irons once again. Also, the smell...there is this odd musty odor that comes from that ride and a lot of the older dark rides. Once I catch a whiff of that, I definitely know i'm in disney :D
A very magical welcome to the wdwmagic family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom