Hello From New Guy and Post Disney Depression

CrazyDisneyLady

Welcome...all of us here on the forum go through Disney depression. I have recently suffered a very deep deep feeling of depression since returning from my trip in Feb. in April i made a decision if I could come up with half the money by the middle of May I was going in sept. on a solo trip. Guess what I found a way to get the money and my trip is booked. You only live once so I plan on coming home to WDW as often as I can.

JIMINYCR

Hey everyone, I found this place while I was searching for post Disney depression and found this awesome place.
I wanted to introduce myself and sorry if that's not very common but here it goes.
Married to a wonderful woman, daddy to a cool 7 year old and I live in Georgia.
Born and raised in Brazil...yes I was once one of those teenagers running around WDW in July lol
Been to WDW in 94, 95, 97, 99 and then 2012.
Last year was our first trip as a family.
We stayed at the All Star Movies and we had a blast.
Disney has always been a place for me where I forgot the world outside and just enjoyed myself.
I think of every trip fondly and remember details, sounds, smells!
We were there exactly 1 year ago...and every now and then I think about Disney and get sad but this week has been tough!
I'm a worrier and have always been but last year I let go and laughed like I hadn't in years!
To see my son so happy and my wife enjoying herself was priceless.
If it was up to me, I'd go annually but my wife doesn't share the same desire for Disney. She loves it but thinks there are other places to visit as well.
I wish I lived in Orlando or close enough to go there a lot.
Our next trip may be in 2014 but most likely 2015.
I thoroughly enjoyed planning the trip, the hotel reservation, the dining reservations, I enjoyed to countdown on disney's website of how many days we has until our trip...
Heck I even enjoyed to trip down to Orlando because of what was ahead.
I don't mean to sound offensive to anyone but it seems like women are the ones that feel this way the most, not many guys.
I catch myself planning a trip even knowing we're not going just to let my mind fly...
I get jealous and sad when people on Facebook put pictures of them at Disney.
My son is turning 8 this year and we talked about after we left last year about his 10th birthday at Disney but then I catch myself thinking: if we go when he's 10, and then when he's 12 or 13, we only have another 2 or 3 trips as a family until he decides it's no longer cool and it crushes me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I apologize my melodramatic long post but hope to find some friends here, maybe find people who feel the same and stay up to date on the news about the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH so that when my next trip happens, I'll be ready!

Welcome..:)
WDWMagic... The most awesome Disney site online...:D
So glad you caught the Disney Magical Love along with the rest of us. We all keep that magical feeling alive by reminiscing about past experiences, details, smells, sounds. Don't give up on your wife, with a lot of subtle hints and well placed ideas you can win her over to our side. We all are envious of those who were able to live or move to within an hour or two driving distance to WDW, and we all dream of being one of them some day. Keep on planning, it helps keep the dream of being there alive... and the better prepared you will be when you do book the next trip. Some of the best memories I will have are the times at WDW with my son when he was young, treasure every moment you get. AND... I am a guy and happy to say I Love all things Disney.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hey everyone, I found this place while I was searching for post Disney depression and found this awesome place.
I wanted to introduce myself and sorry if that's not very common but here it goes.
Married to a wonderful woman, daddy to a cool 7 year old and I live in Georgia.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I apologize my melodramatic long post but hope to find some friends here, maybe find people who feel the same and stay up to date on the news about the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH so that when my next trip happens, I'll be ready!

Hello from another Georgia resident! I happened to note your nick..."VolFan"? Does your blood runneth orange?

Oh...

<peeks around the thread, and then stands up>

Hello...my name is englanddg, and I'm a Disney-holic.

luv

Welcome!

I think you're right that more women catch Disneyitis, but it's certainly not unmanly to love WDW! You'll find other perfectly Manly Men here who share your passion. :)

Only way around the PDD (post-Disney depression) is to start planning your next trip, whenever it may be. :)

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
So checking a froend's Facebook and he posts a status that he's spending the night in Gainesville on his way to Orlando...rough...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Orange indeed!

To deal with Disney Separation Syndrom, I make videos of our trips, plan my next trip (even if it's not soon), write and read other's trip reports, and hang around forums to both keep up on news and to help others with their vacations (or seek help for mine).

Oh, and Petro's is on me, my friend. Stay Orange!

(yes, that is the view from my seats...we lost that game though...really, it was a disgrace how we let victory slip. It was the last game that Dooley coached, as I recall.)

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
Nice!

I think I will be doing the same.
A friend from Brazil just sent me a FB message asking for tips on restaurants and I have him every single restaurant we went to last year...Lol he called me an expert haha

Mark In KY

Welcome to the New Member from another New Member. I live in KY, am male, and have 2 grown sons. Have made over 40 trips to WDW, none lasting less than a week. Most recent trip was last week of April and next one is scheduled for 2nd week of November. I plan on going at least twice a year for the rest of my life. Since my divorce, unless the sons can get away, I go alone and always have a great time (obviously) and an even greater time if one or both of them can come too. I am a total Disney nut and don't care what anyone thinks about it. I used to hear all sorts of "comments" about going there alone and just ignored them. I go on every ride, stand in line for the Meet and Greets, get my pic taken, take plenty of pics, buy a ton of souvenirs, wear my Disney tee shirts proudly and display my Disneyana with pride at home. I play Sorcerors of the MK and last time tried the new Pirate game in AdventureLand. In April I was lucky enough to snag a 15 yr. AK anniversary safari hat and I AIN'T AFRAID TO WEAR IT!! My favorite resort is the Beach Club, my favorite park is AK and I love the food and drink at Rainforest. I had a great time finding the "hidden" Pascals in the new FantasyLand, met Merida and compared biceps with Gaston (he won). Aurora is my favorite Princess, Tink is my favorite pixie (duh) and Aerosmith is my favorite thrill ride, with the safari jeep ride being my overall fave. Festival of the Lion KIng is my favorite show and I lament the demise of the Sorcery In The Sky fireworks. Rose and Crown is my favorite watering hole in the parks and I'll go back to the UK pavilion as often as I can to get my pic taken with Alice. The Conservation Station makes me wish that I had become a vet.
I too am very glad that I found this site and I thank the owners for creating it. You all are wonderful posters and I hope to have a long, long relationship here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom