Helecopters over disney?

jeffk410

Original Poster
I might be incorrect, but i thought their was a rule against flying over the world. I noticed that on Jan 2nd at DHS that helecopters were flying over like every 20-30 minutes? anyone know why they were?

brent2124

I have seen them fly over many times in the past although this could be for medical evacs or Disney filming proms or taking ariel photos of some kind.

tigsmom

Commercial flights are restricted (sight seeing tours, aerial ads, etc), but medevac and Disney's private helicopters still fly over. I would imagine those shooting Disney ads would fly over also, as stated above.

jeffk410

Original Poster
ahhh

ok yah i know that there is no fly over rule ,but i thought there was when it came to tours and tacky stuff?

Billy6

There is a helicopter tour of Orlando that usually flys over WDW and the surrounding areas. If its a small red-ish copter, thats the tours starting on I-Drive....

BuddhasHomeGirl

There is a helicopter tour of Orlando that usually flys over WDW and the surrounding areas. If its a small red-ish copter, thats the tours starting on I-Drive....

I was just going to mention those red little buggers. I don't remember seeing so many of those as I had this year.

PhotoDave219

I might be incorrect, but i thought their was a rule against flying over the world. I noticed that on Jan 2nd at DHS that helecopters were flying over like every 20-30 minutes? anyone know why they were?

The Temporary Flight Restriction is a 3 mile radius centered over Bay Lake and has a ceiling of 3000 feet. (Search that on this site and you will find a link i posted several years back.)

The tour helicopters fly right up to the edge, which means helicopters come within sight and over part of Hollywood Studios, DAK, Epcot and both water parks.

Medical flights, the military and police may break this without permission.

raven

Commercial flights are restricted (sight seeing tours, aerial ads, etc), but medevac and Disney's private helicopters still fly over. I would imagine those shooting Disney ads would fly over also, as stated above.

The tour helicopters fly right up to the edge, which means helicopters come within sight and over part of Hollywood Studios, DAK, Epcot and both water parks.

The helicopter tours actually can fly over the parks but they must be at a higher altitude. They fly over my apartment all the time and I see them in the air every day. They even have a special Illuminations flight (Called Epcot Fireworks flight). Wishes started a couple of minutes late back in early December one night due to a tour getting too close.

Just one of the Helicopter tour companies:

http://www.floridashowtime.com/airfloridahelicopters.htm

jeffk410

Original Poster
grr

ive been over 20 times and this is the time it annoyed me most. I was getting angry about it! stupid tours. But that would be pretty cool haha has anyone done it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom