Rumor Heimlich's Chew Chew Train being moved to Florida? (Reddit rumor)

Kman101

The Tough to Be A Bug show is in the middle of Discovery Island not far from the Tree of Life. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to see a carnival-style fair with some flat rides under it. In the extremely unlikely situation that this happens I would prefer to see somewhere out of the main areas of the park (in the style of Rafiki's Planet Watch).

There's no way they'd put flat rides under the Tree of Life.

None of this is likely happening anyway. I just don't think it'd be the awful fit some think. Bugs Land was actually kind of charming.

Biff215

This rumor certainly makes sense if there will be rides left that don’t get reused at DLR. The problem is that it will cost WDW far more to clear land and install the needed infrastructure. So I question just how much moving the rides would actually save them. These are just mildly themed off-the-shelf carnival rides, right?

Kman101

Basically teacups and a train. I'm sure it saves them something ... Once I read that Francis' was being relocated but not in Anaheim I wondered if the Bugs would be coming to the Land at Epcot, but it makes more sense to go to Animal Kingdom (though bugs could work in the land if they needed to shoehorn an IP, thankfully it seems The Land boat ride will be IP-less and I doubt they want to give up their glorified food court).

If Dinorama gets leveled (though I've wondered if Donald's Dino-Bash has somehow saved it? Just a wonder, nothing I've heard, I know nothing lol) they probably still want a kids area with flat rides.

I'd hope they extend/build on Heimlech's if this turns out to be true. Those complaining about Heimlech's have to remember it's not technically for adults. It wasn't meant to be much more than we got. It felt like people expected something different and were understandably let down once on it.

Rk2k5

I think "Tough" is enough of a bugs life representation
Honestly same I feel like the bugs movie is not as popular as it use to be and it just wouldn’t make since to make a land or more rides in animal kingdom for that.

doctornick

I think Heimlich's is actually charming in how simple, short and silly it is. The scents for the foods are cute as is the "twist" in terms of which path you go on. I mean, it's basic filler, but a park needs that.

Tuck and Roll's is the ride in It's a Bug's Land that is awful and should be scrapped. It's pointless.

Last edited:

JohnyKaz2078

There's no way they'd put flat rides under the Tree of Life.

None of this is likely happening anyway. I just don't think it'd be the awful fit some think. Bugs Land was actually kind of charming.
Well if they made the land it would be reasonable to think that it would include the show. So unless they move the show somewhere else (which is even more unlikely than the entire thing happening) this would be the place of A Bug's Land. It does fit as much in AK as Chester and Hester.
It’s Tough to be a Bug! is located in the base of the Tree of Life, actually. :)
Yeah I know but when you see the entrance the Tree of Life is actually quite far behind.

TP2000

This thread is hysterical! I don't which part is funnier; that new ride rumors are now coming from Reddit, or that some folks are so desperate for new rides in DAK that they'd be willing to take Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.

And this is where Flik's Flyers is going after it closes for good this evening; rethemed and moved over to Pixar Pier as an Inside Out ride.

rtegfhfgd324544-624x351.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom