News Height requirements for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge rides and details on FastPass+

Just4Pics

I should calculate what a 3hr standby wait for FoP would have been w/o FP+...

It would probably be the same. Lines grown until they reach a wait time that people no longer find tolerable. Without FPs the standby line would move much faster with the 75% allocation from FP moved to standby, but the hourly capacity wouldn't change nor would what people find tolerable.

To ride a major ride on or around opening day would have a very high wait toleration.

The best strategy for FOP is to get in the standby line 1 minute before park close. Once they finish with the FP line, which typically only takes a few minutes, the standby line get's the full ride capacity and then the wait time becomes one forth what it was.

winstongator

Rough estimates, 1500 capacity, 2/3 FP+ allocation. Over 3 hours you have 1500 standby riders, 4500 total guest hours waited. 3000 FP+ riders, 0.25 hrs wait per, 750 total guest hours waited. 5250 total wait hours over 4500 guests, 1hr 10min wait.

A 3 hour line with FP+ has about 1500 people in it. A 1500 person line without FP will yield an hour wait.

Say there's a 2hr wait for Smuggler's run and no FP+. That's 3000 people in line, or 10% of DHS's average daily attendance in 2017.

winstongator

It would probably be the same. Lines grown until they reach a wait time that people no longer find tolerable. Without FPs the standby line would move much faster with the 75% allocation from FP moved to standby, but the hourly capacity wouldn't change nor would what people find tolerable.

To ride a major ride on or around opening day would have a very high wait toleration.

The best strategy for FOP is to get in the standby line 1 minute before park close. Once they finish with the FP line, which typically only takes a few minutes, the standby line get's the full ride capacity and then the wait time becomes one forth what it was.
I agree with your point on the park close and the increased standby capacity. The same thing should happen as evening EMH start. I disagree with the wait times being the same. Many people who use a FP wouldn't wait 3 hours for a ride - my wife and kids. It's also a raw length of line issue. The longer the line gets, the less likely someone who had a FP+ will wait in it. I waited 2.5 hrs for FoP 6 weeks after it opened. By myself. That evening, my wife and daughter would have been furious by the time they got on the ride, that even a ride that special wouldn't have cooled them off. @lentesta probably has some data on that hypothesis.

We've done days at WWoHP without doing rides. I could see us doing that at Galaxy's Edge, especially early on. Or the whole family tours the land, and a few stay late to brave the hours in line. That first weekend is Labor Day, so will be more to fuel attendance.

Atomicmickey

The promotion video for Disneyland says "capacity is limited. Reservations required between May 31 and June 23".

So seems like there is going to be a reservation system to visit . . .

Atomicmickey

At DLR yes, at WDW no.

Thanks, I believe you! I have just wondered if they are going to do something different, because the lines are
going to be insane.

I listened to the WDW Today podcast about FOP on President's day--it had a 345 minute wait! That is insane.
It would be preferable to have some sort of reservation system, I'd think.

Honestly, I don't know how they are going to handle it.

CJR

It's worth noting that new rides aren't the most reliable and issues happen frequently that reduce the capacity.

Especially with FP, it's hard to plan around those sudden closures that can happen at any minute. All rides run that risk, but new attractions just need to iron out their kinks first. Looks like Disney learned from Pandora a bit.

Keppyslinger

Does anyone have an idea how dramatically the park attendance at Animal Kingdom Changed after opening week of Avatar? I guess what I am wondering is how long did the crush last? I have reservations for October and I am wondering if things will still be insane at Hollywood Studios or if there will be more typical Disney crowds by then?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have an idea how dramatically the park attendance at Animal Kingdom Changed after opening week of Avatar? I guess what I am wondering is how long did the crush last? I have reservations for October and I am wondering if things will still be insane at Hollywood Studios or if there will be more typical Disney crowds by then?
Studios is going to be significantly busier for years based on Galaxy's Edge opening. And for several months it will be extremely busy.

Avatar crowds remained high for months, and the ride still frequently has 3 hour + standbys, and very limited FP+ availability.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Info on height requirements...

So, for Smuggler's Run, half of 3 year olds and almost all 4 year olds will be able to ride. Make sure the 3 year old drives.

For RotR, almost half of all 4 year olds and almost all 5 year olds will be able to ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom