Height balloons, this time between TTC and Contemporary

LongtimeReader

Original Poster
The monorail went by too quickly to snap a pic that was worth anything, but today (5/23) they were flying high test balloons between the ttc and the contemporary. The highest balloon it wasn't as high as the contemporary but it was close. The mystery deepens.

Goofy6294

Lots of balloons lately...and you said as high as CR? That's what, 13 or 14 stories up? That's a really high sight line...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The monorail went by too quickly to snap a pic that was worth anything, but today (5/23) they were flying high test balloons between the ttc and the contemporary. The highest balloon it wasn't as high as the contemporary but it was close. The mystery deepens.

Thanks for the report!

mgf

Is it possible we are thinking in the wrong direction? The assumption is that these are to test sight lines of projects on the lagoon. Is it possible that it could be for a project behind the lagoon resorts? For example, a parking garage, an expansion of the racetrack, or maybe even a redo of the TTC?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
an expansion of the racetrack, or maybe even a redo of the TTC?

That is doubtful but I wish. The cost to widen for the track to except safer barriers is HIGH HIGH... Once again, I wish. Not to mention, I have not heard any rumblings in the track management pipeline about it.

ChrisM

The deluxe resorts operate at about 70% capacity (yearly) from what I heard. That doesn't justify the construction of another one if it isn't tied to a DVC.

I think it's safe to speculate that any "resort" construction around SSL is going to be a DVC property. As you stated, there's no market justification for an additional deluxe resort right now and DVC is effectively operating as a money printing machine.

I still can't fathom buying into DVC, but I'll leave that alone for now.

wdw71fan

this is NOT for resort construction... The observation about the TTC was closer.. it's important to note that this is for a project that has not been green lit (yet?)... it's at the research and feasability level.

ChrisM

this is NOT for resort construction... The observation about the TTC was closer.. it's important to note that this is for a project that has not been green lit (yet?)... it's at the research and feasability level.

So they're finally going to build the fabled Giant Slingshot transportation system?

Low capacity, high velocity!

wdw71fan

So they're finally going to build the fabled Giant Slingshot transportation system?

Low capacity, high velocity!

no, and it's no for the long rumored Adventurers club in the sky project either ;)

actually, if i told you what it was, I'd be quickly stoned here..

The company actually does these types of studies all the time, they don't always pan out, but this one might..

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
no, and it's no for the long rumored Adventurers club in the sky project either ;)

actually, if i told you what it was, I'd be quickly stoned here..

The company actually does these types of studies all the time, they don't always pan out, but this one might..

Is this tied to the new transportation system you mentioned awhile back? Soemthing that would connect the TTC area with DtD or something similar?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom