Trip Report Heat, room upgrades, and wristbands, oh my! My first trip report and MyMagic+ Experience

I've never done a trip report, and now that my vacation has ended so quickly, I must write this. Here goes nothing:
Day 1, Part 1: I felt nothing but joy as I saw the entrance to Walt Disney World, just knowing of the memories we were going to have, and we were soon at the Contemporary's lobby checking in. We reserved a room in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary, but for some reason we got a room in the sixth floor of the main building facing the Magic Kingdom. I don't know how or why, it may be because of the bands, but I'm not entirely sure. And we didn't need to pay extra, so thanks Disney. As we got to our room I tested the band and sure enough our room opened with a click-sound. To the left as I walked in I saw a coffee machine and closet, to the right bathrooms. As I walked straight, I saw two beds to the right and the left a TV and a couch that turns into a bed. My favorite part of the room, however, was the view. I could see both Space Mountain and Big Thunder, the castle, the Mine Train under construction, Astro Orbiter, and the entrance. It was and amazing sight. And I think that's it for part one. So, how did I do? Even if this is the worst trip report ever, I had fun writing this so I will do part 2 most likely later on today.

cba

Original Poster
Here's some pictures:
Finally here!
image.jpg
Driving to Contemporary (yes I know I'm using my iPod)
image.jpg
Space Mountain from my room
image.jpg
Grand Floridian
image.jpg
Thanks @wdwmagic for letting me post pictures taken from mobile, this site keeps on getting better and better!

cba

Original Poster
Day 1 Part 2: So after moving in to our room, it was time for the magic to begin! So we went to the monorail which was on the floor below us and we eagerly waited until the monorail stopped at Magic Kingdom after making stops at the TTC, Poly, and the Grand Floridian. We got to use our bands for a second time at the entrance, as all we had to do was put the mickey head on our band onto the scanner. After walking down Main Street we made a left and walked into Adventureland. We had a Fastpass+ for Big Thunder to make, so I rode through the "Wildest Ride in the Wilderness". Fastpass+ turned out to be very useful on attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, where only guests using the bands could get on the Fastpass line. Pirates had a 40-minute wait but we got on in 5. Also, we didn't have to walk all the way to a ride, get a Fastpass+, go somewhere else, and then come back. We just needed to walk to an attraction and scan our bands and bam we're on line. Unfortunately, when it was time for Space Mountain, we saw a crowd of people outside the entrance, and it doesn't take a Sherlock to figure out it's closed. A nice Cast Member gave us two vouchers for any two attractions. So we decided to go on Carousel of Progress (not using any of the vouchers) , so for the rest of my trip and even now the song "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" was stuck in my head, which of course isn't a bad thing ;) Once we got out Space Mountain was reopened, but we decided to go on Splash Mountain using the vouchers, because the Stand-By line was over an hour. I threw my hands up as we plunged into the Briar Patch and had a smile on my face afterwards. Part 3 will probably come out tomorrow because I'm not done in Florida as I'm going to St. Augustine today :)

wishing_upon_a_dstar

That's amazing that you got a room upgrade. I wish the bands were out already but guess we will have to wait till our next trip. Sound like the bands are much better, time savers

cba

Original Poster
Here's some more pictures!
Arriving at the Magic Kingdom
image.jpg
The castle as I walk down Main Street (what an awesome sight)
image.jpg
About to go on Pirates!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 18

cba

Original Poster
Day 1 Part 3: Sorry I haven't done a part in a while but here's part 3. We headed towards Liberty Square and got on the Haunted Mansion. I rode through the home of 999 happy haunts and as is the case with most Disney rides I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Except for waiting on line of course, because we waited in the hot Florida sun for half an hour. But I did like the new interactive queue that I personally never got to see before until then. Then I finally got to go on Space Mountain. I rode on Omega, and I had my head ducked for a good part of the ride as I was afraid my head would be hit somewhere even though I know it wouldn't :D I also ate at the Crystal Palace and I probably ate more desert than I should have, but oh well :hungry:

cba

Original Poster
Can't wait to hear more about your experience with the bands!
Can't wait to hear more!
Great so far!!!!
That's amazing that you got a room upgrade. I wish the bands were out already but guess we will have to wait till our next trip. Sound like the bands are much better, time savers
Thank you for the awesome feedback so far, and there will be more parts coming soon! :)

cba

Original Poster
I'm really bad at Trip Reports. I'm sorry. I'll try to add more parts more often starting now. Here's some more pics. Later I might also do the rest of MK and Epcot.

Gaston's stature, which of course by his standards is the best work of art ever created
image.jpg

The Storybook Circus sign at lit up at night
image.jpg

About to ride Under the Sea for the first time!
image.jpg

"It's a small world after all"
image.jpg
For some reason it's not letting me post the picture I took of Main Street lit up at night

cba

Original Poster
Day 1 Part 4: After riding Space Mountain we walked through New Fantasyland and rode on Under the Sea. The Ursula animatronic was awesome! After that it was time for Wishes, so we walked over and got a great spot to watch the fireworks in front of the fireworks. The show was truly magical. After that we headed to the resort monorail and headed to our room in the Contemporary. We went straight to bed as we were super tired. Next, Even more heat, walking, and wristbands, Chef Mickey's, and Epcot.

cba

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 1: We woke up at 6:00 AM because we had 7:20 reservations for Chef Mickey's two floors below us. When we were all ready, all of us still being a little tired, headed to the fourth floor and had a nice breakfast with Mickey and the gang. Of course I had the Mickey-shaped pancakes and waffles, and other food as well. After breakfast, we headed back to our room for a bit and then took the monorail to the TTC and then another monorail to Epcot. The monorail made the loop around Future World before pulling into the station, and got a glimpse of the rides and buildings. Now for some "action". We had a Fastpass+ that was going to expire in 15 minutes for Test Track, and had to wait 10 minutes just to get through the gates. We ran for our lives to Test Track, and got in the minute it expired. Little did we know that there's always grace time, so it adds around 10-15 minutes after the Fastpass+ time expires. I'm not sure if it's a mistake or not, but had we known that earlier it would've saved us from all that running. Either way, I didn't find the grace time until the next day (Spoiler alert). Anyways, back to Test Track. I really didn't see all the fuss about it being ruined. I actually liked the new lights and Tron-theme, plus the new feature of designing your car. The only problem was that I didn't know that you can use your wristband as the scanner, so when I didn't get a card like most other guests, I went to ask a Cast member about why I didn't get a card, he said to use my band. While I was gone, my dad, who's visiting with me, got a card from the people next us and scanned it. It turned out to be a problem because we designed a pretty sweet car, but instead of scanning the card when we were about to ride, we scanned the band, turning our design to a simple, not powerful car :mad: Oh well. Next, talking to Crush and flying through California.

Last edited:

cba

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 2: After Test Track, it was time for Soarin'. I knew I had to get a Fastpass+ for Soarin' because then I wouldn't be disappointed if they ran out of Fastpasses and I wouldn't have to wait in the 90 minute stand-by wait. This was also my dad's first time riding Soarin'. The music was fantastic, as usual. R.I.P. Jerry Goldsmith, the composer of the wonderful attraction. Soarin' is probably the closest thing to flying I'll ever feel, except in a plane. Next was our last Fastpass+ attraction of the day, even though it was noon. If you read my last post, you probably know what it is, The Living Seas with Nemo. I'm still fascinated when I see the computer-animated fish swimming with real fish. After that, I went to the other attraction I wanted to see in the pavilion, Turtle Talk with Crush. I laughed as the little "dudes" reacted to Crush really talking them, and Crush's funny jokes and trying to find out about "human" things. Before heading to World Showcase, we got Fastpasses for Mission: Space. We decided to go on Green first and then Orange during EMH, when the Stand-By lines would be shorter. Then we finally headed towards the countries, starting with Mexico. We had lunch there in "La Cantina de San Angel" (The Cantina of San Angel). Like all World Showcase restaurants, the food was fantastic. We also had a great view of the fireworks and globe being moved to the center of the World Showcase Lagoon. After eating lunch, we went inside the pyramid and rode The Grand Fiesta Tour, a first for me. One thing Disney does really well is pretending that it's night in a room even if the sun is shining outside. Next, only half of World Showcase and a less-intense Mission to Mars.

cba

Original Poster
Sorry for lack of posts, again. Here's some more pictures, since I thought that I haven't been posting enough.

Spaceship Earth from the monorail loop
image.jpg
Now zoomed in
image.jpg
On the queue for Soarin'
image.jpg
Another pic of the queue
image.jpg
Mission: Space
image.jpg
The sign outside "The Living Seas"
image.jpg
Right below Spaceship Earth!
image.jpg
More of the written report and pictures to come!

cba

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 3: I hate it when you are looking at really cool things, and then all of the sudden you need to run somewhere else. That's what happened to me at Epcot. There I was, looking at the unique and awesome things around World Showcase, like the temple in Mexico or looking inside the lit up village inside Biergarten, when all of the sudden we have to get on a ferry to the beginning of World Showcase and run for our lives for the second time that day. We arrived at Mission: Space just in time, and we grabbed the green "tickets" as we walked towards our ship to Mars. Of course, it isn't nearly as intense as Orange (which we decided we'd do last), but it was still fun. I also forgot to mention that we got Fastpasses for Soarin' again after Mission: Space, so we walked to the opposite side of Future World and rode Soarin' again. Even though it was the same experience, if you combine the music and the ride experience itself, it's a ride that's worth going on at least twice. After Soarin', we went on Living with the Land, another ride I've never been on. There was literally no wait at all, so I thought I might not have liked it. I, as usual, was wrong. All the plants that were kept in there were really cool, and I also loved the smells. I thought, "Man, this ride is truly underrated". I guess some kids find it boring, but I say it's well worth it. After that we stayed in the Land pavilion and had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Next, and last, why I missed Illuminations :banghead:

cba

Original Poster
I'M SORRY, AGAIN I'M BAD AT TRIP REPORTS! Anyways, here's Day 2 Part 4:
So, it was time for Illuminations, and we were close to Captain EO. My dad said that the show probably wouldn't be there a whole lot longer, and we should probably watch it so we'd be able to see it before we closed. As a WDW fan, I disagreed, but as usual parents get their way, so we went to Captain EO. The Castmembers were actually admitting that Illuminations was a lot better and reminding that if you watch the show you'll miss the fireworks. It's not like I don't like Captain EO, but I like Illuminations better. That night there were EMH, so we decided to finish the day with Mission: Space Orange. I find the launch the most thrilling as it pushes your body against your seat. We took a bus back to our hotel, and immediately went to bed. Next day, a "wild" (get it) day at Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom