Heartless at Disney?

ArielCCupShells

Original Poster
So I can buy Stitch hats, towels, shirts, shoes, cups etc. but I can't get a single Keyblade? geeze.... Gamers visit Disney too. When does Pete walk around the parks? Is he another rare character?

Chux

A little while after KH came out you could get pictures with Sora, KH Donald, and KH Goofy, I'll try to find the pictures.

Ciciwoowoo

Hey, someone tell the marketing dept at WDW they are missing the boat here! My son loves KH. (I enjoy watching him play too!)

I notice that Sora wears a big necklace. It would be something that people would be interested in purchasing, I'm sure. Of course, everyone would want a keyblade. And yes, Heartless are pretty cool too!

The question falls into the how much demand is there really for merchandise or costumed meet and greets from the overall guest flow. You don't want to go and make a ton of merchandise and then have to mark it down later and then lose money on it. Now granted, the game seems to be really popular (I don't know, never played it...it didn't have lightsabers or the Force in it...so I skipped it - actually, the only console I have is a Sega Dreamcast - everything else is played on my computer), but then comes the impossibility of figuring out how many guests actually play this game.

If anything and this probably won't happen since Disney sold the Disney Stores, they could've done test runs in the stores with limited merchandise such as toys and some light screen printed shirts. I could see altering clothing on some of the characters to mimic characters from the movies (as shown in the pictures and/or Jedi Mickey).

Those are good test runs on popularity, tho' having them only available on limited meet-and-greets doesn't help the cause either. They would need a permanent place for them to be stationed for at least 6 months to a year. If attendance for those characters is low....then you have your answer...if it's not...then you look into doing more with them.

pat_naughty05

The game is currently one of Square-Enix's best selling titles in America and Japan. I'm sure Disney could make a profit off of some limited Kingdom Hearts merchandise. I wonder if they sell the game anywhere around the resort...

By the way, this game is incredible! I've beat it with the perfect ending and all, and it was well worth the wait after beating Kingdom Hearts I and Chain of Memories. For any Disney fans that haven't played the games, I say give it a shot. It takes an hour or two in both games to get to the Disney themed worlds, but it's worth it!

Teenchy

Ok you got my interest. I'm not a big gamer so dont flame me for the stupid question.

If I wanted to go buy the game right now, should I have game 1 first? Do I need to play that first to understand game II?? Or can I just go buy Kingdom Hearts II....?

THECARISMINE

Teenchy said:
Ok you got my interest. I'm not a big gamer so dont flame me for the stupid question.

If I wanted to go buy the game right now, should I have game 1 first? Do I need to play that first to understand game II?? Or can I just go buy Kingdom Hearts II....?

Get both and also the gba one too if u can I love them all and just beat 2 so great hope a third one will come out and the secret ending prety much says there will be one:D

ssidiouss@mac.c

Teenchy said:

No you dont really need to have played part one.. you'll sort of pick up on the story through flashbacks and stuff.. which will add some mystery to the plot for you. Its very very good.

In fact, I think you should play Kingdom Hearts 2 first because its way easier. On the Easy setting anyone should be able to go through it and enjoy all the disney stuff without getting stuck. Part 1 was for more serious gamers.

Anyway.. make sure you watch the trailer here to see all the disney stuff in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0J_4h62No&eurl=http://ssidiouss.blogspot.com/

Its totally amazing.. its so cool going back in time where everything is black and white to see the steamboat mickey stuff.. i really wish Pete was a character in the parks. I would definately get his picture/autograph.

Other lands include Lion King, Mulan, Tron, Little Mermaid, Pirates Of The Carribean, etc.. just watch the video in the link and you'll see the great animation in those lands with the characters.

But what really makes this game awesome is that they captures the true feel of the characters. Donald is more like donald in this game than anything disney made themselves the past few years (except philharmagic.) Stitch is more like himself in this game than the horrid stitch movie seque, etc. They did an awesome job with keeping true to the characters.. better than disney themselves with their horrid movie sequels.

Grim Grinner

I love kingdom Hearts, and I was one of the first people outside of Square to see it. I was in their Japanese offices when I saw it by mistake well before it was announced.

Kingdom Hearts became one of the Greatest Hits games, ensuring that over a million copies were sold. It has been one of the greatest success stories for that system.

Yes... anyone who wants to get in the series needs to play the first game, but can totally pass up the GBA cart- which really doesn't add anything to the story.

I've beaten both games and am wondering what the heck is with Mickey's note... If you've played it, you'll know what I mean.

In regards to merchandise, Kingdom Hearts toys were released. I picked up the first two series and the word is that another set is on its way.

Soundtracks are available, and I saw the original KH sold at the parks.

It has been announced that another game set within this world- but NOT one that is part of the series shall be released. No word on the format or release.

IcicleM

Funny Story

You CAN buy Kingdom Hearts II in the parks. I actually saw it sold at Disney Quest in the shop, there. It's such an amazing game, but I can tell you that it's about 6 hours until you finally see the full Kingdom Hearts II logo, and it's A LOT of talking. There are many cut scenes, and many characters you really wouldn't expect to see, inclduing Mickey's "teacher" ;)

Please please please, if you haven't played the games, do so, because it's just an incredible experience. Yes, there ARE flashbacks in Kingdom Hearts II, but the story is more of a mystery than a continuation, at that point. You just feel sorta lost, ESPECIALLY if you haven't played Chain of Memories.

I know while I was playing, even though I had played the other two games over and over again, and understood the story, I realized that anyone else who tried playing theg ame, would feel like they're absolutely in the middle of what seemed to be a random story with no beginning or even a middle.

Kingdom Hearts introduces Sora and his friends, Kairi and Riku, and if you don't play the first one, the emotional connection to all the characters won't be there, ESPECIALLY when you get to the end.

So, like someone else said, get a hold of Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA, and play those. Then play Kingdom Hearts II, and you'll feel like you're right where you should be.

Jiminy Cricket keeps a journal in all the games, and it has a lot of information that you have to kinda look over a couple times, especially when it comes to the "Ansem Reports" because Kingdom Hearts II is a very confusing story when you don't know the history behind some of the characters. There are A LOT more characters in Kingdom Hearts II than there are in Kingdom Hearts.

As for Pete, you know what would be an interesting idea? If they actually decided to go through with the MGM Studios Halloween event, Meleficent and Pete and the Heartless could be behind it all, and you can have character greetings with them, etc. It might actually be a pretty fun idea. There would be different cast members around the park dressed as Heartless, and there could be an event sorta like the Jedi Apprentice thing set up at MGM where you can be taught how to wield a keyblade, and fight off Heartless. I think that would be pretty cool, haha.

:)

Sledge

Account Suspended
Got to the final battles with Ansem in the original but couldn't defeat the second to last time you fight him. Picked up KHII and beat it in 38 hours of playing (which was 3 days. :lol: ) The second one is much better once you get past the first two hours which is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Sledge

Account Suspended
IcicleM said:
It's such an amazing game, but I can tell you that it's about 6 hours until you finally see the full Kingdom Hearts II logo, and it's A LOT of talking.
For me it was only about two hours which was still just as bad. I found it to drag on too much but once I got past there I loved it.

I might need to replay it since I can't remember what happened to Maleficent and Pete. (Please feel free to tell me via PM. :wave: )

THECARISMINE said:
Get both and also the gba one too if u can I love them all and just beat 2 so great hope a third one will come out and the secret ending prety much says there will be one:D

Without any spoilers, what do you have to do to get the secret ending?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom