Heartless at Disney?

pat_naughty05

Teenchy said:
Ok you got my interest. I'm not a big gamer so dont flame me for the stupid question.

If I wanted to go buy the game right now, should I have game 1 first? Do I need to play that first to understand game II?? Or can I just go buy Kingdom Hearts II....?

I would say definitely get the first one and the GBA game. KHII will explain the first two to an extent, but to get the full experience you should play all three in order. It's much more rewarding that way. Enjoy!

copper

My 12 year old twins love KH. They beat KH2 after playing it for 2 days. I think Disney is missing the boat with merchandising on these games. It was the #1 searched game on the internet and it is the most successful Disney video game. I went into the NYC World of Disney store looking for KH merchandise and was told by the CM that a lot of people asked for KH merchandise. My kids resorted to making their own KH sweatshirts with fabric markers. They don't need to flood the market with merchandise but maybe a few t-shirts etc. Maybe there is some type of licensing issue. I'll be in WDW in 2 weeks and my kids are hoping to buy some KH merchandise. I told them not to hold their breath! They are also into Final Fantasy, which some of the KH characters are from. Square Unix are the creators of both.

IcicleM

Yay KH

There is 1, count it 1 t-shirt out there relating to Kingdom Hearts. Haha, it was sold at Hot Topic, and Hot Topic is owned by "Limited Too" funny, isn't it? Anyway, if you go to the Hot Topic website, they don't even sell it anymore. It was a t-shirt that had Jack Skellington, Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their Halloween Town costumes. The ONLY reason the t-shirt was made and sold at Hot Topic was because of Jack Skellington, which was depressing. Officially, in the US, there are no other T-Shirts and stuff for the series.

So Sad... :(

I know a lot of people anywhere between 10-20, even older, who enjoy the Kingdom Hearts Series, and are also fans of Disney. And those not fans of Disney when they play Kingdom Hearts, become Disney fans. The game was complete breakthrough. Final Fantasy VII has the most characters in the games, and it's one of the most popular games that Square-Enix has created. Disney is seriously missing out by not selling some kind of Kingdom Hearts Merchandise.

You see, the best thing about Kingdom Hearts is that it's SOOOOO diverse, you can sell it's merchandise ANYWHERE in the parks, especially in the Magic Kingdom. Thanks to Nightmare Before Christmas, Kingdom Hearts merchandise relating to Jack Skellington can be sold at The Haunted Mansion. Thanks to Pirates of the Caribbean, merchandise can be sold at that right. Thanks to Alice in Wonderland, merchandise can be sold in Fantasyland. Thanks to Mickey and Minnie and Donald and Goofy, items can be sold at Mickey's Toon Town Fair. Literally EVERY type of Disney Movie is in the game, and that's what makes it so diverse, and so different and out there. Sora, Donald, and Goofy's costumes are designed, in the game, in such a way that their colors fit in even in the realistic world of Pirates of the Caribbean. Now THAT is a successful collaboration. :)

SGT623

Their were a bunch of Kingdom Hearts action figures released in the US with the first game. They came in two packs. One Main caracter, and one heartless together. I have the Genie pack. The figures are big and very well done. I'm sure there is more in japan though......sigh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom