Headed back this Summer need some help

Coach81

Original Poster
So we are headed back to USF in just a few months... was hoping some of you could help me out...

We are planning on staying on-site at HRH club level.. and we are Universal Vets.. as we stayed there last Mardi Gras... but just looking for any new help/advice...especially with HP.

1. Any tips, advice on surviving the WWOHP? Any tips to make the waiting less painful?

2. I have motion sickness.. is there ANY CHANCE of me riding the Forbidden Journey at not getting sick? How much motion is involved? Is it similar to any other rides to compare it to.. (Spidey, Simpsons, etc)?

3. Any room / ticket discount codes that we can use to save a few dollars???

4. How good is the broomsticks place? Is it really worth the $$ to eat there??? What about character dinner.. worth it or no???

5. What is the best "plan" for WWOHP? What time should I get there, what to do first, etc.. etc.. where is the best place to get the butterbeer with the least wait?

Thanks in advance...

Coach

Pioneer Hall

I'll help with what I can from my last visit there...

Potter land is going to be crowded, and feel even worse than it is because of the size. Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is just relax and enjoy it. The line for Forbidden Journey moves quickly but others do not. The shops are also the worst offenders because they are small, so I suggest visiting and making purcahses late in the day. As a note, I went during the offseason this past January and still had to move around store like it was Christmas time at the mall.

Not going to lie, but the ride whips you around quite a bit thanks to the Kuka technology. It's hard to make a comparison, but I guess Spiderman would be the closest you can link it to. Unlike Spiderman though, you are going to be moved up, down, and side to side much faster and in a much more fluid way. Unforuntately, this one might be tough with motion sickness unless you can take dramamine and be alright.

When I was there in January we hit Potter within an hour of park opening. We rode the ride and I got my butterbeer. We then went and did other things in the park and came back after lunch to ride again and see the shops. I got my Butterbeer at the Hogs Head Tavern which has no line compared to the carts outside. I suggest going in there to get your drink. I also read that the butterbeer here tastes better, but I have no basis of comparison nor do I really think that would be the case. However, since we didn't eat at three broomsticks this allowed me to go inside still and check everything out.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
All resort hotels seem to have very few discounts, there is the Stay more and AAA but beyond that very little. They have even suspended the Rock Royalty program for regular guests. Im not willing to pay the full rate for club so they can ram it.

If you can ride spidey and Simpsons Forbidden journey shouldnt cause an issue.

Best plan to get most done is take advantage of resort guest early entry. Do the wand thing first then head to the ride. You should be able to get two goes in before the crowds start to bite.

Never ate at broomsticks but it was very busy.

Coach81

Original Poster
Just thought of another quick question for anyone that has been recently-

Do they have the express line opened up for Hollywood rip, ride, rocket? Without the express pass, how long is the standby on average? Have they been having any more problems with it getting shut down recently???

Pumbas Nakasak

Can they run it long enough without a breakdown to allow Express Access?

Dont know is my answer it wasny there in October but then it never ran in our three night 4 day stay either.

Coach81

Original Poster
I'll help with what I can from my last visit there...

Potter land is going to be crowded, and feel even worse than it is because of the size. Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is just relax and enjoy it. The line for Forbidden Journey moves quickly but others do not. The shops are also the worst offenders because they are small, so I suggest visiting and making purcahses late in the day. As a note, I went during the offseason this past January and still had to move around store like it was Christmas time at the mall.

Not going to lie, but the ride whips you around quite a bit thanks to the Kuka technology. It's hard to make a comparison, but I guess Spiderman would be the closest you can link it to. Unlike Spiderman though, you are going to be moved up, down, and side to side much faster and in a much more fluid way. Unforuntately, this one might be tough with motion sickness unless you can take dramamine and be alright.

When I was there in January we hit Potter within an hour of park opening. We rode the ride and I got my butterbeer. We then went and did other things in the park and came back after lunch to ride again and see the shops. I got my Butterbeer at the Hogs Head Tavern which has no line compared to the carts outside. I suggest going in there to get your drink. I also read that the butterbeer here tastes better, but I have no basis of comparison nor do I really think that would be the case. However, since we didn't eat at three broomsticks this allowed me to go inside still and check everything out.

Thanks for your info!!! I am hoping that the key word will be "fluid".. perhaps that (along with drugs) may save me for the ride... I simply cannot ride the Simpsons.. I does me in everytime.. Spidey gets me a little queasy but I can handle it.. I've heard the FJ is very, very difficult.. but I plan on at least giving it a shot!!! Did you witness anyone getting very ill after riding it?

All resort hotels seem to have very few discounts, there is the Stay more and AAA but beyond that very little. They have even suspended the Rock Royalty program for regular guests. Im not willing to pay the full rate for club so they can ram it.

If you can ride spidey and Simpsons Forbidden journey shouldnt cause an issue.

Best plan to get most done is take advantage of resort guest early entry. Do the wand thing first then head to the ride. You should be able to get two goes in before the crowds start to bite.

Never ate at broomsticks but it was very busy.

Thanks for the comments on the early entry.. of course that is what we will try..

So you say do the wand before the ride? Is it that bad later for the wand????

Pumbas Nakasak

Yes its very low occupancy and the line remains long all day. So If its a must do Id get there early and do this while its not too warm to stand in the sun as theres very little cover

Coach81

Original Poster

Dont know is my answer it wasny there in October but then it never ran in our three night 4 day stay either.

I remember hearing that as well. the ride was NEVER RUNNING.. I'm hoping it is fixed.. and I'm really hoping they have an express line now..

Yes its very low occupancy and the line remains long all day. So If its a must do Id get there early and do this while its not too warm to stand in the sun as theres very little cover

Gotcha.. thanks!

Pioneer Hall

Thanks for your info!!! I am hoping that the key word will be "fluid".. perhaps that (along with drugs) may save me for the ride... I simply cannot ride the Simpsons.. I does me in everytime.. Spidey gets me a little queasy but I can handle it.. I've heard the FJ is very, very difficult.. but I plan on at least giving it a shot!!! Did you witness anyone getting very ill after riding it?

Thanks for the comments on the early entry.. of course that is what we will try..

I think the motion sickness issue really depends on the person. My sister has no problem with simulators like Star Tours but FJ made her queasy for the day. My mom has the complete opposite experience though. Simulators usually mess with her, and she was fine with FJ. I guess it's just how your brain and equilibrium take in the experience.

Didn't go over to the studios, but Rocket has been operating on a daily basis now. I saw it running in January now, but I still hear that it has some breakdowns. I don't believe that it has Express Pass and their website seems to confirm that as well since it isn't mentioned.

crazydaveh

Do they have the express line opened up for Hollywood rip, ride, rocket? Without the express pass, how long is the standby on average? Have they been having any more problems with it getting shut down recently???

Nope. Still one long line, but it is moving faster than is ever has. I believe the employees are getting used to everything and they usually have at least four or five cars running at once.

FYI, the single rider line on HRR can really bite you in the backside sometimes! It's not always quicker like on the other rides.

Coach81

Original Poster
I think the motion sickness issue really depends on the person. My sister has no problem with simulators like Star Tours but FJ made her queasy for the day. My mom has the complete opposite experience though. Simulators usually mess with her, and she was fine with FJ. I guess it's just how your brain and equilibrium take in the experience.

Didn't go over to the studios, but Rocket has been operating on a daily basis now. I saw it running in January now, but I still hear that it has some breakdowns. I don't believe that it has Express Pass and their website seems to confirm that as well since it isn't mentioned.
This gives me hope!!! I don't do well with simulators.. - Simpsons, Star Tours, etc.. but I am hoping that FJ (which has some video, but not entirely) will not get me too bad..

Nope. Still one long line, but it is moving faster than is ever has. I believe the employees are getting used to everything and they usually have at least four or five cars running at once.

FYI, the single rider line on HRR can really bite you in the backside sometimes! It's not always quicker like on the other rides.

Thanks.. anything is better than the 120+ wait we had a year ago...

JillC LI

I understand that if you just want to browse the store, you can arrive any time of day (although it will be crowded). If you actually want to see the show where the wand chooses a person, you must get there first thing because so few people can see the show at a time.

Mukta

We are planning on staying on-site at HRH club level.. and we are Universal Vets.. as we stayed there last Mardi Gras... but just looking for any new help/advice...especially with HP. - I love the Hard Rock. I haven't stayed there since 2008, but I really enjoyed it.

1. Any tips, advice on surviving the WWOHP? Any tips to make the waiting less painful? - Get to IOA at least 30 minutes before opening and head straight to WWOHP. I waited too long and it was packed when I got there.

2. I have motion sickness.. is there ANY CHANCE of me riding the Forbidden Journey at not getting sick? How much motion is involved? Is it similar to any other rides to compare it to.. (Spidey, Simpsons, etc)? - I don't have any motion sickness with simulators. I do get motion sickness with roller coasters like Rock n Roller. I felt very sick when I got off of Forbidden Journey. It was the flipping upside down and stuff that really got to me.

4. How good is the broomsticks place? Is it really worth the $$ to eat there??? What about character dinner.. worth it or no??? - I don't know, but Mythos is my favorite restaurant there. I ate there again a few months ago and I still really enjoy it.

5. What is the best "plan" for WWOHP? What time should I get there, what to do first, etc.. etc.. where is the best place to get the butterbeer with the least wait? - Ride Forbidden Journey first, then get into line for Olivanders. Make sure to visit the bathrooms to hear Moaning Myrtle. I bought butterbeer from the cart outside. There was a line, but it moved fast. I took a few sips of the frozen one and threw it out. Too sweet for my taste.

britlightyear

We ate at Three Broomsticks and enjoyed it quite a bit. The food is typical fish and chips/ shephards pie type stuff so if you like that then you should be ok. The prices weren't too outrageous, I ended up getting the chicken strip kids meal because I'm pretty picky and I thought it was very good.
I think the best part of the restaurant is the decorations and the shadows they have dancing and moving around on the walls.
They don't sell soda of any sort in WWoHP so keep that in mind if you go.

Also I would definitely recommend the frozen butterbeer. I think it was much better than the regular kind.

PartOfYourWorld

Definitely go to WWoHP first thing. When I went in January the lines were not bad at all. The only thing that had a wait was for Olivander's but I just by-passed that because to me it wasn't worth it to see a little show at the time. The butterbeer was great! I preferred the frozen one and bought it from the cart outside and didn't wait long at all. Unfortunately, I didn't eat at the three broomsticks but the food looked really good.

Also, rode the Forbidden Journey 4 or 5 times throughout the day (I was a single rider for the most part except when I wanted to walk through the queue for the first time) And I'm a thrill seeker so the motion didn't bother me much but it did move you upside down and have you looking straight down. (At one point I met up with a friend that happened to be there and she took motion sickness pills and she was fine).

Also, as someone else mentioned, shops are really small, and had to wait 5 minutes to get into Dervish and Banges but it was worth it because if it wasn't that small, then it just wouldn't be Hogsmeade.

5. What is the best "plan" for WWOHP? What time should I get there, what to do first, etc.. etc.. where is the best place to get the butterbeer with the least wait? - Ride Forbidden Journey first, then get into line for Olivanders. Make sure to visit the bathrooms to hear Moaning Myrtle. I bought butterbeer from the cart outside. There was a line, but it moved fast. I took a few sips of the frozen one and threw it out. Too sweet for my taste.

I am very upset I didn't visit the bathroom there! I could kick myself now! The HP geek inside me is yelling at me because it will be awhile until I get back to IOA. :brick:

Coach81

Original Poster
To those of you who have been..

Could you spend an entire day at WWOHP? After you did FJ, and any other NEW RIDES, visited the shops, and drank some Butterbeer... how much of the day did you have left?? Especially if you did as most of you say to do.. and knock out FJ and the other "must dos" early in the morning??

I know we can spend most of the day - at a nice, easy pace- at IOA or US.. and see everything we want to see.. how does this compare with Harry???

dave&di

My BF and I were there last Sept, it wasn't up for the whole 8 days we were there, my BF was distraught! It was the only thing he was looking forward to doing since it being new and all! He kept loittering around the staff hoping to hear inside info! Several times a day he would stand by the ride waiting for it to start!:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom