Headed back this Summer need some help

Coach81

Original Poster
No, its a few hours at the most Qs permitting.

Ah, good to know.. so we will have plenty of time to enjoy everything.. cool!

[/B]

My BF and I were there last Sept, it wasn't up for the whole 8 days we were there, my BF was distraught! It was the only thing he was looking forward to doing since it being new and all! He kept loittering around the staff hoping to hear inside info! Several times a day he would stand by the ride waiting for it to start!:hammer:

Wow.. that sucks!!! We were fortunate that about this time last year, we were able to ride it several times.. it went down a few times, but was up and running (with long lines) most of the time.

I was hoping they would have the express lane running for this coming summer, but as long as it isn't 75 - 120 mins like it was last year, we'll be fine (provided it is up and running).

britlightyear

To those of you who have been..

Could you spend an entire day at WWOHP? After you did FJ, and any other NEW RIDES, visited the shops, and drank some Butterbeer... how much of the day did you have left?? Especially if you did as most of you say to do.. and knock out FJ and the other "must dos" early in the morning??

I know we can spend most of the day - at a nice, easy pace- at IOA or US.. and see everything we want to see.. how does this compare with Harry???

There's no way we could've spent an entire day in WWoHP. We got there right at opening did Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, went through all the stores (a couple stores more than once) ate at Three Broomsticks and we were done by 11:30am. So about 2 1/2 hours to do everything but this was in January so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Oh, also my husband and sister did the dragon rollercoaster too.
After HP we did the rest of IOA, went to US around 3 did most of the rides there then US closed at 6 so we went back to IOA for an hour and rode FJ again and wandered around Hogsmeade a little more.

Coach81

Original Poster
There's no way we could've spent an entire day in WWoHP. We got there right at opening did Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, went through all the stores (a couple stores more than once) ate at Three Broomsticks and we were done by 11:30am. So about 2 1/2 hours to do everything but this was in January so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Oh, also my husband and sister did the dragon rollercoaster too.
After HP we did the rest of IOA, went to US around 3 did most of the rides there then US closed at 6 so we went back to IOA for an hour and rode FJ again and wandered around Hogsmeade a little more.

Sounds great.. I know it will be a good deal more busy at the end of May when we are there.. but hopefully with the express pass and with us having been there a few times before.. we can have a relaxed.. easy.. fun-filled trip!!!

Good to know that you can do WWOHP easily in a few hours..

That is what I have heard from others who have gone.. they all said the area is just too small, and they should have easily doubled the size of the area and added more shops and rides...

britlightyear

Sounds great.. I know it will be a good deal more busy at the end of May when we are there.. but hopefully with the express pass and with us having been there a few times before.. we can have a relaxed.. easy.. fun-filled trip!!!

Good to know that you can do WWOHP easily in a few hours..

That is what I have heard from others who have gone.. they all said the area is just too small, and they should have easily doubled the size of the area and added more shops and rides...

Just wanted to make sure you know that they don't allow the use of the express pass on Forbidden Journey.

CynBeth

I am confused as to what Forbidden Journey actually is. We don't do roller coasters or anything that has a hill. We do like the Disney motion simulators we've been on although they didn't have Mission Space yet and we did go on Back to the Future last time we were in Universal about 10 years ago. If someone could describe what this is like I'd appreciate it.

britlightyear

I am confused as to what Forbidden Journey actually is. We don't do roller coasters or anything that has a hill. We do like the Disney motion simulators we've been on although they didn't have Mission Space yet and we did go on Back to the Future last time we were in Universal about 10 years ago. If someone could describe what this is like I'd appreciate it.
***Spoiler alert*** Do not keep reading if you don't want to know what happens on Forbidden Journey

Have you ever seen the Sum of all Thrills ride in Innoventions? Thats the closest thing I can think that it is similar to.
It's a row of four seats facing forward with an arm attached to the back (that you don't see) and it lifts you up and moves you forward and backward and up and down (it is incredibly smooth, not jerky or bouncy at all) and while the arm is moving you are facing video screens and kind of intermittently you will see real objects - for example- you will see a life size whomping willow, huge dementors and a dragon (the dragon blows smoke/steam at you and I think if I remember right, you see Aragog (the really big spider).
It really is an incredible ride, I really recommend if it is possible at all for you to ride it then please do, it really was a highlight of our trip. I hope this helps a little, I didn't realize how hard it would be to explain until I started typing :)

Coach81

Original Poster
***Spoiler alert*** Do not keep reading if you don't want to know what happens on Forbidden Journey

Have you ever seen the Sum of all Thrills ride in Innoventions? Thats the closest thing I can think that it is similar to.
It's a row of four seats facing forward with an arm attached to the back (that you don't see) and it lifts you up and moves you forward and backward and up and down (it is incredibly smooth, not jerky or bouncy at all) and while the arm is moving you are facing video screens and kind of intermittently you will see real objects - for example- you will see a life size whomping willow, huge dementors and a dragon (the dragon blows smoke/steam at you and I think if I remember right, you see Aragog (the really big spider).
It really is an incredible ride, I really recommend if it is possible at all for you to ride it then please do, it really was a highlight of our trip. I hope this helps a little, I didn't realize how hard it would be to explain until I started typing :)

I've heard from many people.. including some close personal friends that just got back from a Mardi Gras vacation to USF..

"It is the BEST RIDE IN ORLANDO", "There is nothing like it at Disney, it is fantastic"!!!

I just hope I can ride it...

britlightyear

I've heard from many people.. including some close personal friends that just got back from a Mardi Gras vacation to USF..

"It is the BEST RIDE IN ORLANDO", "There is nothing like it at Disney, it is fantastic"!!!

I just hope I can ride it...

You know to be honest, I really almost think you need to ride it more than once to really see and experience everything. I really hope it doesn't bother you and that you can ride twice. I know that the second time we rode it I saw a lot of stuff I missed the first go 'round. Maybe if it does bother you a little, you could do it once in the morning and then come back later in the day? I promise it will be worth it :)

Coach81

Original Poster
Oh don't worry.. motion sick or not I WILL RIDE IT... I will just take some medication and "suck it up".. there is no way I'm not going to experience it.. I will "do the time" i.e. suffer the consequences after.. but I will ride it...

I hope also that I can ride it more than once.. I'm sure you notice things every time you ride it...

dave&di

Oh don't worry.. motion sick or not I WILL RIDE IT... I will just take some medication and "suck it up".. there is no way I'm not going to experience it.. I will "do the time" i.e. suffer the consequences after.. but I will ride it...

I hope also that I can ride it more than once.. I'm sure you notice things every time you ride it...

My BF and I were really hesitant about the ride beforehand, but we loved it. On our last day we rode it 3 times in a row! - I'm not advising it in your case! I'm not brilliant with some simulators, I can do 'Spiderman' (love it!) and 'The Simpsons' although sometimes it still makes me queasy.

Forbidden journey should be fine, sometimes you are moving through a real scene so you can get your breath back before the screens came back into play. It's not as bad as it can be made out to be.

Definiately the best ride I have ever been on. Glad you are determined to do it, no regrets is the way to go! I never did Jimmy Neutron 'cos of the simlator thing, now it won't be there when I go back in 2012!:hammer:

Matpez

I want to chime in on the motion sickness question about Forbidden Journey-

I can ride Simpsons, MiB, Spiderman, Mission Space without issue (Back to the Future bothered me sometimes)

Star Tours always made me feel queasy. (Maybe the new version will be improved, but doubt it)

After riding Forbidden Journey multiple times, I now always close my eyes in the 2nd dome screen for about the first 20 seconds. The movement of the Kuka arm doesn't bother me at all, but the motion during the movie is too much for me.

Without adding any spoilers to the discussion, I always know I can safely open my eyes again after hearing Ron yell loudly.

Coach81

Original Poster
My BF and I were really hesitant about the ride beforehand, but we loved it. On our last day we rode it 3 times in a row! - I'm not advising it in your case! I'm not brilliant with some simulators, I can do 'Spiderman' (love it!) and 'The Simpsons' although sometimes it still makes me queasy.

Forbidden journey should be fine, sometimes you are moving through a real scene so you can get your breath back before the screens came back into play. It's not as bad as it can be made out to be.

Definiately the best ride I have ever been on. Glad you are determined to do it, no regrets is the way to go! I never did Jimmy Neutron 'cos of the simlator thing, now it won't be there when I go back in 2012!:hammer:

Thanks for the comments, and support. Sorry you missed JN.. but believe me.. although we really enjoyed the ride, I'm sure it is not one that could touch FJ... hopefully they will bring in a new, much improved ride to replace it!

I want to chime in on the motion sickness question about Forbidden Journey-

I can ride Simpsons, MiB, Spiderman, Mission Space without issue (Back to the Future bothered me sometimes)

Star Tours always made me feel queasy. (Maybe the new version will be improved, but doubt it)

After riding Forbidden Journey multiple times, I now always close my eyes in the 2nd dome screen for about the first 20 seconds. The movement of the Kuka arm doesn't bother me at all, but the motion during the movie is too much for me.

Without adding any spoilers to the discussion, I always know I can safely open my eyes again after hearing Ron yell loudly.

Thanks for the tip.. I will look to use this in May!!! :animwink:

Coach81

Original Poster
Just to kinda have some fun with it.. and to add to our excitement for the May trip... we have decided to start having some "Harry Potter" nights at the house.. we will begin watching all the movies over the next several weekends to make sure we are well prepared for when we enter Harry's world.

How many movies are out as of now?

britlightyear

Just to kinda have some fun with it.. and to add to our excitement for the May trip... we have decided to start having some "Harry Potter" nights at the house.. we will begin watching all the movies over the next several weekends to make sure we are well prepared for when we enter Harry's world.

How many movies are out as of now?

As of today, you can buy movies 1-6 on dvd. Part 1 of The Deathly Hallows (book 7) comes out on dvd April 15.

britlightyear

My oldest son has them all on DVD already. he is probably the main reason we are headed back :ROFLOL:

That's funny cuz the main reason we ended up at IOA is because my 19 year old little sister went on the trip with us this year and she's loved HP since she was 10! :)

PartOfYourWorld

To those of you who have been..

Could you spend an entire day at WWOHP? After you did FJ, and any other NEW RIDES, visited the shops, and drank some Butterbeer... how much of the day did you have left?? Especially if you did as most of you say to do.. and knock out FJ and the other "must dos" early in the morning??

I know we can spend most of the day - at a nice, easy pace- at IOA or US.. and see everything we want to see.. how does this compare with Harry???

I think I'm the only one here..honestly I could have spent the entire day in WWOHP. I could have just sat there and soaked it all in. Ever since they announced it I couldn't wait to go there and I was just in complete awe when I finally walked in.

Coach81

Original Poster
That's funny cuz the main reason we ended up at IOA is because my 19 year old little sister went on the trip with us this year and she's loved HP since she was 10! :)

Sounds just like my oldest... he loves HP!!!

I think I'm the only one here..honestly I could have spent the entire day in WWOHP. I could have just sat there and soaked it all in. Ever since they announced it I couldn't wait to go there and I was just in complete awe when I finally walked in.

I think we may feel kinda like that.. especially if we follow our plan of watching all the movies before we go...

Coach81

Original Poster
Which movie of the series are a "must see"..

Which one should I make sure to pay attention to the most.. which ones are represented the best at the WWOHP?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ive only ever watched the first one or two, not my thing, but it didnt stop me enjoying the attraction. Theres enough of a story in the Q to fill in the gaps

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom