He just loves Chef Mickey

Britt

Original Poster
Is there a restaurant that your kids just love? That you cant possibly DREAM of going to WDW without taking them? Thats how Chef Mickeys is for my oldest son, Brendan (7). He was 6 the last time we went and he fully thought Mickey was back there making our dinner and getting things ready for us.

We're surprising them with our trip this year (36 days! EEK) and I had to make sure to schedule Chef Mickeys. It's the only place he's talked about on a monthly basis since being back. LOL

SO! Is there a place your children just LOVE to eat at?

zurgandfriend

My son, who is now a teen, insists of the following;

We have to eat dinner at the California Grill and watch Wishes from the roof.
We have to eat at least one meal at the Whispering Canyon Café.
We have to eat at least one breakfast at the Kona Café.
For a while there he insisted on eating at the restaurant Marrakesh; but that was due to the belly dancer more than the food.

My dear wife insists on one breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café and one meal at Cosmic Rays.

DisneyDebNJ

My son's first trip to Disney was when he was 3 yrs old, now he's 23 and Chef Mickey's and Ohana are MUST DOs every trip. (We actually plan ADRs around these two restaurants) The last 5 yrs, our first meal is breakfast at Kona Cafe, and is now another MUST DO. The older my son gets, the more adamant he is about eating at these restaurants. Who am I to argue ... it probably means more to me than my son. It's funny, every year, I look across the table, and see the 3 yr old from 20 yrs ago.

powlessfamily4

My family loves burgers art Cosmic Rays and We always eat at Sunshine Seasons at least once during the trip. We love the table service but change resturants a lot. The main staple is always these two QS. Now if you just ask my daughter, she would always pick Cinderella's!

lebeau

Not exactly.

Traditionally, we have always eaten at the 50s PTC. This is going to be the first trip in which we don't eat there which feels a little weird.

The kids have enjoyed eating at Disney. But they haven't latched on to any one particular place. Josie is looking forward to Chef Mickey's. But she's never eaten there before. For whatever reason, she has also latched on to the Liberty Tree Tavern even though we have never been there before either.

We have had good experiences at O'Hana, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Sci Fi and of course 50s PTC (I never understand why DHS gets such a bad rep for sit-down dining). But we're not married to any of those places. We won't be revisiting any of them on this trip.

Britt

Original Poster
Not exactly.

Traditionally, we have always eaten at the 50s PTC. This is going to be the first trip in which we don't eat there which feels a little weird.

The kids have enjoyed eating at Disney. But they haven't latched on to any one particular place. Josie is looking forward to Chef Mickey's. But she's never eaten there before. For whatever reason, she has also latched on to the Liberty Tree Tavern even though we have never been there before either.

We have had good experiences at O'Hana, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Sci Fi and of course 50s PTC (I never understand why DHS gets such a bad rep for sit-down dining). But we're not married to any of those places. We won't be revisiting any of them on this trip.

You will LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern! I sooooo wish we could go back on this next trip. Their food was so good. It was such a nice break in the day to sit, relax and pig out on the food (served family style which Im sure you know...lol). The beef was delicious. I think she refilled the plate 3-4 times (there was 6 of us eating, dont judge ; ) rofl)

Britt

Original Poster
My son's first trip to Disney was when he was 3 yrs old, now he's 23 and Chef Mickey's and Ohana are MUST DOs every trip. (We actually plan ADRs around these two restaurants) The last 5 yrs, our first meal is breakfast at Kona Cafe, and is now another MUST DO. The older my son gets, the more adamant he is about eating at these restaurants. Who am I to argue ... it probably means more to me than my son. It's funny, every year, I look across the table, and see the 3 yr old from 20 yrs ago.

I love this <3 I definitely think Chef Mickeys will be a tradition from now on!

lebeau

You will LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern! I sooooo wish we could go back on this next trip. Their food was so good. It was such a nice break in the day to sit, relax and pig out on the food (served family style which Im sure you know...lol). The beef was delicious. I think she refilled the plate 3-4 times (there was 6 of us eating, dont judge ; ) rofl)

I'm the last one to judge. I'm fully in the "calories don't count on vacation" camp.

Originally, I had reservations at the Crystal Palace (which we have also never eaten at). But as I tinkered with my touring plan, I realized I had made the reservations too close to the parade start time. Unfortunately, moving the reservations meant either eating 3:00 or switching restaurants.

I struggles with this. The kids don't especially like Winnie the Pooh. My wife actually hates him. (Her word, not mine.) But Josie loves buffets. And she's a picky eater. At Thanksgiving, she usually embarasses me by turning up her nose at just about everything. I didn't think Liberty Tree Tavern would appeal to her at all.

So I decided to get some input. As soon as I described LTT as being "like Thanksgiving dinner" she cut me off. "I want that!" I was surprised and somewhat confused. "Are you sure?" I started showing her pictures of the food online. "You don't usually eat this kind of food." "I love turkey now," she told me confidently.

Apparently sometime since last Thanksgiving they had turkey for lunch at the school cafeteria and she liked it. Of course, that can change again in 3 months time. But for now, it's one of the things she is looking forward to the most.

ishmael0316

Its not the kids, its me. I HAVE to eat breakfast with Eeyore at the Crystal Palace and, most importantly, breakfast with my girls at Akershus. After booking the hotel, these are the next reservations. :)

wiigirl

75.gif
My girls love Ohana and Cosmic Rays. They love the food and atmosphere of both and are musts whenever we go.

Ohana is a must for my family...love that place! ;)

riverscu0m0

We always eat at Cosmic Rays, we really like the rotisserie chicken. Then, off property we always go to Denny's (nothing special, I know) on the last day of our trip because the closest denny's to us is almost 40 minutes away.

Britt

Original Poster
We always eat at Cosmic Rays, we really like the rotisserie chicken. Then, off property we always go to Denny's (nothing special, I know) on the last day of our trip because the closest denny's to us is almost 40 minutes away.

WHERE is Dennys??? I love their chicken tenders! CHEAP and delicious...hahaha

ImagineerDude

Rainforest Cafe
Pinocchio Village Haus (flatbread amazing, and great CMs there)
Recently, Columbia Harbor House

Simple, yes, but good :)

We have done Chef Mickey's twice, we just can't pay that much for one OK buffet every trip :p

maryszhi

when i was little, i was obsessed with the now defunct character meal that was held on the empress lily. i was sad when they ended it, then i fell in love with offerings at the grand Floridian and ohana. now that i am older i love 50s, whiserping canyon, grand cafe, ohana , and via napoli :) o and i cannot forget le cellier

maryszhi

when i was younger i was afraid of sonny eclipse. but i outgrew that and its one of the highlights of our trip along with push the talking trashcan.

bethymouse

The boys love the quick service restaurants at the resorts- easy fast food such as pizza- you know!;) They really enjoy any character meal, although they don't eat much!:eek: There really isn't one particular fave yet that the boys say," Mommy- can we eat there again?".:)

71dsp

For my son it's 'Ohanas for breakfast, Tusker House for breakfast, and Chef Mickey's. For my wife it's Narcoossee's, and for me it's the Yachtsman. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom