Having Second thoughts already :(

Boardwalk!

I had decided on POFQ for the surprise trip for my husband....but I keep second guessing my choice!!

It's our first trip alone....for six nights. I'm worried that since POFQ is a small resort we will be...bored? The pool area seems to be more for kids too :(

The reasons I'd stay at POFQ are:
*LOVE the theme
*Refurb!

I keep contemplating CSR though because it seems more deluxey and has a more mature pool area (as well as quiet pools!) The only reasons I didn't choose it is because I had heard service complaints, and comments about the "atmosphere" wasn't as Disney as the other mods.

Help reassure me that POFQ is the right choice, or tell me that switching is better for our trip! :)

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
I had thought about that also...except having those wishes to use for meals was important to me and with room only you don't get them. My husband loves to eat at the nice places there but he always orders a cheaper meal than the one he wants...with the wishes he can get what he really wants and enjoy it ;)

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Boardwalk!
OK I'm on the phone with WDTC LOL They are trying to work out a split stay...I explained the stupidity of being charged more to split the stay! I'm driving myself crazy!

Sorry BOARDWALK!

I mis-understood this to mean they had worked out a split for you and you were gonna pass on it!

For this reason, we have always just booked ROOMS and picked up our tickets (at a discount!) at the Disney Store before we go!

Now that the resort decision is made, you can have fun planning the rest of your trip!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I gotcha on the wishes thing, but are you aware that this is a total of $68. more per person per night? Probably far more than you would spend on a meal almost anywhere. And the nicer restaurants where you may approach a breakeven point (Yachtsman steakhouse etc) are two wishes! so that is your full $68.00 payment for the day toward one meal!! Did you get the full breakdown on where you can use your wishes, how many wishes are needed per meal at a given restaurant, etc? If not have Disney send it to you. By all means though, definitely enjoy yourself!!! That is what it is all about!! Belle

Upvote 0

njchris65

I'm throwing in my 2 cents a little late.

I stayed at Coronado 2 years ago. When we got there I thought it was great. But then the 2nd night the people in the next room were VERY loud and watching basketball on TV. Laughing, yelling..etc...

Going outside past their room, the door was ajar (they used the door lock to stop it from closing so people could come and go).

I believe it was staff using the room to watch TV! Ugh... after a couple hours and a couple of complaints to management, it had stopped.

Also that same night my friend had gone to the food court place (I forgot the name of it) - and asked for no chicken in his food (pizza I think).

He got back and there was chicken in it. He went back and the manager told him to tell the guys to make him another and all would be OK. He did that and during that the managers changed shifts. To make a long story short, the next manager practically accused him of lying and trying to steal food. He was not in the frame of mind of people being mean and was totally upset by this. It really but a MAJOR damper on the stay there. And all they did was send a gift basket with fruit and stuff.

Also, I didn't think housekeeping did such a great job.

It put such a damper on the hotel stay, that Im never going back there. Too many un-disney-like memories there. Not that everyone would have this experience.. I'm sure it's rare and I wouldn't say it would happen to anyone else if they go. But for me I want to go back to places I had fun at.

The next year I went to AKL -woo.. what a difference. :)

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
I understand what you are saying Belle...but if you work the wishes out smart it can be beneficial. Each person gets (2) wishes per night. So if you eat somewhere your meal needs to equal $34.00 in order to break even. Especially if you eat somewhere for dinner you can easily do this. ;)

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the link....I like the idea of the freedom benefit too ;)

We will definitely use the wishes for only the worthwhile things...like Cirque and dinner, etc. When I looked over the price lists for the restaurant I felt that some of the dinners that required only one wish were pretty good deals :) I guess we'll see when I get back!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Im sure the link will be helpful!!! Between Pam at Kingdom Konsultant, Mary Waring at Mousesavers and Deb Wills at AllEarsNet we have several great sources of information on these types of things. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom