Having Second thoughts already :(

Boardwalk!

I had decided on POFQ for the surprise trip for my husband....but I keep second guessing my choice!!

It's our first trip alone....for six nights. I'm worried that since POFQ is a small resort we will be...bored? The pool area seems to be more for kids too :(

The reasons I'd stay at POFQ are:
*LOVE the theme
*Refurb!

I keep contemplating CSR though because it seems more deluxey and has a more mature pool area (as well as quiet pools!) The only reasons I didn't choose it is because I had heard service complaints, and comments about the "atmosphere" wasn't as Disney as the other mods.

Help reassure me that POFQ is the right choice, or tell me that switching is better for our trip! :)

agdbeanie

We love POFQ. In fact that is where we stayed on our honeymoon for 8 nights. It's theming is wonderful, grown-up, and romantic. Pool, schmool...that's about the only kiddy thing besides the arcade at the resort. Request a king room too...you'll get a corner room for sure with a huge window!

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Originally posted by Boardwalk!
On another board someone mentioned to me that it might be hard to go from deluxes (which is the only hotels we've tried) to moderates, and especially for six nights. That has also made me slightly anxious. :zipit:

This was our big issue. We have always stayed in the Deluxe Resorts. This December we tried Port Orleans Riverside. While the resort was very nice and everything, we really missed the level of service we were use to at the Deluxe resorts. The rooms will be smaller and ammenties few, however all Moderate resorts are beautifully themed. With that in mind my pick is Port Orleans. IMHO the location and food options are better at Port Orleans than Coronado. Hope that helpd :D

Upvote 0

epcot2004

As stated by others, the Port Orleans Resort is the best moderate resort on property. However, I would choose to stay on the "Riverside" side instead of French Quarter. We stayed there 5 years in a row when it was Dixie Landings. Slightly off topic, they have great breakfast at Boatwrights Dining Hall at this resort. Specifically sweet potato pancakes and crecent city french toast.:D

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
You know what is funny? I'm more turned off by that resort since they changed their name:lol: I know that is ridiculous...I don't like the name Riverside though. I liked Dixie Landings...anyways it looks very pretty, but my husband seemed more interested in CSR and POFQ than Riverside so I better stick with that one for this trip ;) I'm sure we'll walk over to Riverside and he'll love it.

Upvote 0

mhead

Not to disagree with most but I think Coronado is pretty lame. We have stayed there twice and it is by far my least favorite of all the resorts - including the values. I mean it is still Disney so it is ok, but it is where I go only if I can't get in anywhere else.

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

Stay with PO!!!!!!!! There is absolutely no comparison. We have stayed there multiple times and it is still my absolute favorite. As for the problem with going to a moderate after a deluxe, don't worry. We went to FQ after having stayed at BC and GF twice, and truly experienced no difference in service. The people are just as nice, the rooms are just as comfortable (especially with just the two of you!) and the magic of Disney still surrounds you. IMO, French Quarter is THE most beautiful resort in all of Disney.

You made the right choice! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

TheOneVader

Woah, woah, woah, refurb? Wehn I was there like a couple weeks ago, it didn't have ANY changes that I could see. I didn't stay in the acctual rooms, and I never have, so I wouldn't know if they changed, bt it seems like it'd be easier to chaneg the rooms one at a time.

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your help!!! You guys convinced me....AND I BOOKED ONLINE!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Oh, and the refurb was only at POFQ, not POR

Upvote 0

Kwit35

Gee!

Originally posted by Boardwalk!
Thanks for all of your comments. I feel just so confused :veryconfu and its very disheartening! I've never had this problem when planning a Disney vacation before! Pluse, we've always been able to split our stay. Disney told me we can't with a Dream Maker Silver package unless we do 2 (3) night packages and it costs more than a regular 6 night package! :( I'm going to try and work with guest services more and see if they will let me do it anyways...I feel like no matter which resort I pick I won't feel content! :brick:
I wish I had your problem! :)
No matter where you stay... HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

They worked out the spilt stay for you and you didnt take it after all of the agonizing on here?? :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu Belle

Upvote 0

Yenfid

STAY THERE!!!!!!!

Since it is just you and your husband, this resort could not be better. Small, Romantic, Quite, Yes, it has a kid theme pool, but there are, I think 2 private pools. The Lounge is nice and there is jazz played at night. At least back in 2000 there was. Plus it is just a short walk to Riverside for a sit down place to eat. To me this is the best place to stay. :animwink:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
They worked out the spilt stay for you and you didnt take it after all of the agonizing on here?? :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu Belle

I'm with WANNABEBELLE here.....let me add my own :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey everyone dont get me wrong I think that the POFQ and Coronado are both nice, but if given to do the choice of BOTH within the same trip when you are so unsure I would have JUMPED at the opportunity!!! But hey that is just me. I am still so :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu . Belle

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
Did I say that somewhere?? I can't find it if I did :lol:

No, they did not work out a split stay for me. The ONLY way I could split my stay was to pay an extra $350 for nothing at all and I wasn't willing to do that at all. They even admitted its only for double charging the park admission due to the check out/check in....so I tried to talk to guest services and they explained that they have had complaints on this issue (because EVERYONE resort hops, right? ;) ) and they are working on it for next year. So the CM ended up talking about POFQ and raved about it...so I'm sticking with it. Plus, all your comments really helped.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Okay I Am flying with you now. I agree about paying the extra money, although another way to do it if you REALLY wanted to split your stay is do a room only ressie and buy the appropriate park hopper for the number of days you will be there. The money park may be the same or actually a bit less this way as Park Hoppers are not as expensive as the Ultimate Park Hopper. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom