Having a party member save a table while others get the food?

BiffyClyro

Although it's probably not acceptable, it's got to the point where you have to do it, or you've got your food and your trying to keep it upright why you search for an empty table, and when there isn't one your just stood there with your food....

...So although it's probably not right, it doesn't bother me too much when i see others do it because the likeliness is that the other people getting their food will only be a few minutes anyway. Not like when people put their towels out round the pool and then go to a park!

NeedMoreMickey

Although it's probably not acceptable, it's got to the point where you have to do it, or you've got your food and your trying to keep it upright why you search for an empty table, and when there isn't one your just stood there with your food....

...So although it's probably not right, it doesn't bother me too much when i see others do it because the likeliness is that the other people getting their food will only be a few minutes anyway. Not like when people put their towels out round the pool and then go to a park!

Someone did this at BC, came through gate, took 2 towels, put them on chairs and walked out. My sister and I looked at each other and had a seat.

draybook

I'm still not understanding the problem here. During our two trips in March, they had CM's not only regulating admittance into the doors of Cosmic Ray's, but they also had them inside the entryways into the table areas, monitoring and directing people to open tables. During off-peak times it's not hard to find a table at most places.

BiffyClyro

Someone did this at BC, came through gate, took 2 towels, put them on chairs and walked out. My sister and I looked at each other and had a seat.
I know, it's so rude! I haven't seen it been done in Florida, but in Vegas they go round and take towels off sun beds if no one is on them for a while.

Britt

Totally has never bothered me and I've never even dreamed to THINK it would bother anyone else! I think the line moves a LOT quicker when you don't have crowds of 5-10 clogging up those queues, kids all over with people with their trays and drinks. That's just ridiculous to me!

We'll continue being "rude" and having us get our kiddos out of YOUR group of however many people's way while you wander searching for a table ;)

sublimesting

I just assumed that's what people did and the folks ahead of me already got their table. To me it's more like 2 jobs getting done at once: I wait in line and purchase food and carry it to a table that my wife has secured, set up our 3 year old, procured condiments, napkins, forks etc. and cleaned from the previous family who left mayonaisse, crumbs and lettuce all over. By the time I get to the table it is ready to go.

Britt

I just assumed that's what people did and the folks ahead of me already got their table. To me it's more like 2 jobs getting done at once: I wait in line and purchase food and carry it to a table that my wife has secured, set up our 3 year old, procured condiments, napkins, forks etc. and cleaned from the previous family who left mayonaisse, crumbs and lettuce all over. By the time I get to the table it is ready to go.
This is exactly what we do too!! I get the kids settled, condiments, wipe down the table and chairs with some wipes really quick (we saw a kids diaper leak in a food court once and NOBODY cleaned it up, so I always wipe chairs too!! Lol)!

By the time Josh gets there with the food/drinks, table is set and kids are ready to eat! We scarf out food down, wipe down the table again and move on our way! LOL

sublimesting

This is exactly what we do too!! I get the kids settled, condiments, wipe down the table and chairs with some wipes really quick (we saw a kids diaper leak in a food court once and NOBODY cleaned it up, so I always wipe chairs too!! Lol)!

By the time Josh gets there with the food/drinks, table is set and kids are ready to eat! We scarf out food down, wipe down the table again and move on our way! LOL

Efficiency and planning. That's how you do Disney like a well oiled strike team....even with children.

mickey2008.1

We look for tables while them other orders, just too much congestion with 4 kids in tow . What I hate are the m ones who hover. Look here , I am eating and will take my time. Don't bother me, that's why well try to eat early for lunch or just go outside. I just hate them hoverers! Go away!

jkl2000

Didn't realize there was a whole thread about this issue!

To get a better idea of the problem with this, imagine a fast food place with just a few tables. We've encountered this (at one of those Soup places), where someone was sitting at a table, her friend was on line to order for them, and my family and I were standing there like idiots with our tray of food as these people were already occupying the table with nothing to do with it yet. Multiply by however many tables are at the typical Disney counter service place.

StarWarsGirl

I don't see a problem with it. Better than 4 of us standing in line and congesting the line. Or worse, dropping our food because we go searching and run into something since we can't head straight to a table. We're taking up the table for an extra, what, five minutes? Maybe ten. No issue

Disvillain63

When we had young children, we always did the split...one order and one get the kids settled for lunch/dinner. It's not as pressing now that it's just the 2 of us. We've even offered the other 2 seats at our 4-seater to other couples or a small family of 3...add a high chair. It's a great way to meet people and put some magic in their day.

disneyfan56

We have also gotten a table while one of us, usually my dh, is in line. I wipe, clean and organize. I get the condiments, straws and napkins. I clean up from the slob...er, guests before us.

I'm not just some trophy wife sitting leisurely doing my nails.

Tigger#1

After my family and sitting on the floor in the hallway behind the Electric Umbrella eating our lunch several years ago we always find a table before we get our food. For people who don't like others who do this I would suggest if you have more than one in your group if you woud adopt this practice you will have a much more peaceful lunch.

lunchbox1175

I don't see the problem. This is customary in the UK in places like McDonalds. Why would you have about 50 people at the register when if everyone grabbed a seat, there would only be 10 people ordering and makes things quicker and easier.

I was thinking this exact same thing....its Quick Service, not Table Service, I know most people go to drive thru's nowadays, but when you do go inside to a McDonalds, mall food court, or fast food restaurant, do you stand up at the counter with your entire family, strollers, things you may have bought that day, or does one or two people go get the food and come back to the table that someone else has found. I would be willing to bet many people are being hypocritical about this.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah, I don't see the big deal. I only started doing it last year, because the kid is finally old enough that I feel ok leaving her out of line of sight for a short period of time...

But, with a larger group, I would assume the group would split up, not mob the counter...I see people do this all the time in food courts, and I know my family did it on our visits, and I did it when I was with a group of 4 (one adult gets the food with the older kid, the other adult finds a table and gets settled...

I just don't see the big deal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom