having a dilemma!!

wickedwitchware

in march of 2008 i have booked a 2 week stay at movies..after reading a bit .im wondering if pop would be a better choice..the main reason i went with movies was the price (we need 2 rooms , there are 5 of us)and the toy story theming.i could really live without the toystory theme myself especially if pop is the better of the 2.ok feel free to sound off and give me your opinions:animwink:

MattyFresh

I am going down in Oct and stayin at the ASM. I will let you know when I get back what I think. But from what I have read and been told, about all of the All-Star resorts are the same except for the theming.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

in march of 2008 i have booked a 2 week stay at movies..after reading a bit .im wondering if pop would be a better choice..the main reason i went with movies was the price (we need 2 rooms , there are 5 of us)and the toy story theming.i could really live without the toystory theme myself especially if pop is the better of the 2.ok feel free to sound off and give me your opinions:animwink:
We are going to Pop for the 1st time this Sept.
We have also heard great things about it.
We will have adjoining rooms for my in-laws, me, my husband & 3 kids (one of our kids will sleep in the room w/ grandma).
But, paying for 2 separate rooms would probably $ more than a suite at one of the other value resorts.
I wish that Pop would finish the 20's,30's & 40's sections & make then suites.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

POP is definately the better choice. The All Stars usually share busses. You end up standing all the time (esp. if you're at Movies). The POP has a terrific food court- with much better selection than the All Stars. Definately more variety...........

Upvote 0

jesserin

I'm going to pipe in and vote for Movies. :)

We've stayed at all the values, and if you're making a decision between movies and Pop - I say go Movies.

1. The pool area is nice at both, but a preferred room at Movies is much closer to the buses than at Pop - b/c of the layout of the resort. Not to mention we love the Movies pool and kiddie area over Pop's.

2. Since Pop is the most recent resort - it's the furthest away bus stop at all the parks. They added it on last so you'll always be walking further to get to your bus.

3. If you stay at Movies, you can pool hop between Sports and Music - which is a fun option and gives you some variety for your down time.

And lastly... Pop seems more spread out to us. It's a beautiful resort - no doubt. But so is Movies.... without all the walking. :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I toss in my vote for Movies too! If I couldn't get into Movies, then Pop would be my 2nd choice. We have stayed at all values, and several mods. but our kids love the theme at Movies. If you go during an off season time you will share buses, but if its a busy time, they generally have their own buses in the morning and at closing. I actually prefer the layout of Movies over Pop. With young children, I don't like that the gift shop is right there in the food court.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

you might want to do a family suite at all star music it will hold up to 6 people:) :wave:
I actually agree. If there are 5 of you...it might be more cost effective to go with the family suites.

I've stayed at Pop and love it...matter of fact, I'm going back in Sept...but my vote on this one would be the suites.

Upvote 0
I have stayed at the Pop Century four times and have found it to be great. As others have mentioned Pop Century has it's own busses for each park, I have never had to wait over 20 minutes and that was on a morning going to the Magic Kingdom when we got in line it took four full busses to clear the line and they all arrived in that 20 minutes.

The suits look nice at the All Star, but check the rates. When I booked for two rooms for September 2007 @ Pop Century I checked the rates for the Value suites and it was more than getting two rooms plus no free diniing.

If you are going at a time of year when there are no room discounts and would like the small kitchen then the suites might be an idea to save some money on the food.

Upvote 0

4parks1world

we just got back and had 9 people go .. we stayed at P. O. Riverside.. one room sleeps 5,, if you don`t mind " bunking together"..1 room here would be about the same price as two at a value resort and it is a step up in all areas

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

We have never stayed at POP, so I can't compare the two resorts. I can, however, talk about how much we love staying at All Star Movies!!! The larger than life icons just make my kids light up!! We are 101 Dalmation fans and our children just seem to linger outside taking in the magic. If the children are Toy Story fans, they'll love Movies!! Either way, you'll have a magical time!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dawnzy

I have stayed at Pop twice and we are booked for October. We just returned from a long weekend and stayed at Sports, we used the buses a few times and found them to be quite full and had to wait a while for them. I would image that movies and music are pretty much the same as Spots. I like the food court area better at Pop, more to choose from. The advantage of 2 rooms is 2 bathrooms ;) The theming of Pop brings back lots of memories, fun to wander around and check out the larger than life icons (playdoh, big wheel, rubiks cube...)

Upvote 0

ktink

My vote goes for Pop. The busses are fast and efficient. The food court is great. You just can't go wrong w/ Pop.

But as someone mentioned if having 2 rooms, I would go w/ ASMu suites. They have a queen sized bed in the master bedroom and they look really nice. I believe that the suites are all in the preferred location at ASMu so you would be in a great location.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Tweedle Adie

I want to throw in my 2 cents regarding the family suite at All Stars, we looked into this as there are 5 of us going down in August. The layout is a Queen bed, a sofa bed and a chair that converts to a bed and an ottoman that converts into a bed. If 3 of the people going are young children it is great, but if you are all adults and teenagers you may be happier in two rooms. Just my humble opinion :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom