Have you stayed at Pop Century?

lunarsquid

We're staying there in October, and I 've never stayed there before.
Just curious as to how the shuttle service is there. Does it take awhile to get anywhere?
For example, if we have dinner rez at Epcot, how long does it take to get there? Do the buses stop at any other resorts?

Also, how is the food there? I've heard alot of mixed opinions...

thanks!

macsmom

Yum, I guess I am going to have to try the waffles this time....I do remember eating an omelete a couple of mornings and could barely finish. For the money, the best breakfasts I had when I was down there.

I hope everyone that goes has a wonderful time and enjoys themselves!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I am so excited to be going back. I am so glad that people on this site understand how I feel! So many of my friends do not have the magic!

danna

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I stayed @ POP last September and loved it. I had a King-room with a pool view. 50's building, I believe.

I rented a car, so I'm not sure how the bus system is. I only visited the food court once but it was great, I liked the way it's set up...

...there's a bar @ POP?!?! Where??

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The bar is right next to the 70's pool....there is also one on the far left side of the food court - though that one has limited hours.

Upvote 0

aj_steig

I loved Pop Century! We're staying there again for a few days on our upcoming trip. The theming is really fun (we stayed in the 50's building) and the food court is awesome! The bus service might take a little while (depending on what park you are going to and at what time). If you do have to wait for a second bus, it is usually right around the corner within a few minutes.

Have fun on your trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

PoP was great. I really like how the bus stop is set up with the chains that form the lines. At POR there is always a rush when the bus stops and everybody is "pushing" their way onto the bus. The only downside of the bus stop is it isnt covered so if its very hot and sunny theres no shade and if its raining you get wet. The food court is IMO one of the best as far as selection.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

The menu is the same every single night, and it just feels way too much like a bad cafeteria.

OK...I'm not letting you get away with that comment.

This quote almost makes me think you never actually went in to the food court!

First of all, this is the one place at WDW I ever saw where there is an entire section of the food court that changes its menu every single day to offer special "Mom's home cooking" entrees. One night we had Meatloaf, another night was fried chicken, and we saw roast turkey and BBQ pork on other nights, thought we did not eat there every day.

Not sure which college you went to, but mine sure never offered a complete section of MADE TO ORDER Flatbreads, Grilled Items, Italian, Mexican/Chinese, Deli, and Bakery every day. Plus, there's an entire "grab n go" section with tons more selections!

The REAL problem is deciding bewteen all the choices every day! It's all fresh, and all good, and never got boring.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

The bar is right next to the 70's pool....there is also one on the far left side of the food court - though that one has limited hours.

Or the 60s :animwink:

As for the food court comment: I had the opposite experience... I hardly considered POFQ to even be a food court :shrug: Even comparing the menus online, Pop wins for selection and variety... but I guess to each their own!

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

Loved it - we're going again for our third time at Pop in 41 days:sohappy: We've been in the preferred section (60's) each time. Last trip we were right by the pool (which I won't request again - VERY noisy late at night). Otherwise - bus service was pretty quick - if one filled up - another would come either right away or a very short time later. I thought the food court was great, lots of variety. Frozen coke was good - Make sure and try the Tye-Dye Cheesecake - yum:slurp:

Upvote 0

CLandrum

The pop is very upbeat not for relaxxing if you like it quiet I suggest you get room towads the back of the buildings. I loved it however my mom who is 50 did not like it at all I think it was becaue every night on the buses coming back from the parks we were standing and this was the first of Febuary. I think the only thing that I regret doing was ordering pizza to our room. We ordered about $35 worth and only ate 4 slices it was horrible :hurl: . But the kids loved it because of the fun atmospere and theeming. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Jim Disney

I'll add my $0.02 too.

Pop Century is definitely the best of the value resorts. One of the best parts for me is the fact that the busses aren't shared with another resort as they are with the All Stars. It's not the closest to the parks, but as with anything at WDW... it's not a long drive. Rooms are decent enough... it's a place to put your head. The food court is good and has a good variety of things available. I've always found the Cast Members there to be quite friendly and helpful.

As for the theme... well, I guess it's almost a moot point. It's really no different from the All Stars in that respect. It's cute, but I much prefer places like Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Caribbean Beach for atmosphere. Definitely more relaxing there. But for a more affordable option, I definitely recommend the Pop Century.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

Stayed at Pop in April and we loved it. WE were a Grand Gathering that stayed in the 80's section.(a long walk to the food court and bus stop). The food at the food court was always good, much better than the food selection at All-Star. The buses were no problem when we took them which wasn't very often because I sprained my ankle severly on the first day of our trip, so we took our car to most of the parks( I didn't want to risk having to stand on one foot in a crowded bus). The kids loved the pool in our section and the main pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom