Have you found making resev changes

luvlifeinfl

Ok, I am at like 97 days of arriving at WDW.

I had to share this and it is driving me crazy.

We are DVC owners at our 11 month Window we could had made plans at our HM resort, SSR.

We wanted to wait till the 7 month window to try and get in at the AK or FWL.

At 8 months are DVC guide recoomended that we not due that cause it can be hard to get in, so we ended up booking at @ SSR.

The first reservation was for 7 days in a 2 bdrm. After booking my college DD stated that she would not be able to be there for the full seven days. I ended calling back and changing 3 of the 7 days to a 1 bdrm.

- want to mention we have another daughter, they are 10 yrs apart.

A week after that we decided to add 2 more days 2 our trip, so again I changed our reservation to add the 2 days.

So here is what it looks like- all days at SSR.

Sat- Mon.-1bdrm
Tues-Fri-2bdrm
Sat-Sun-1bdrm

Ok again here we go, now my daughter in College stated she will not be joining us at all.

So now I need to call and see if I can get a 1bdrm for Tues-Fri. To top it off my DH wants me to see if we can change to BLT.

All the reser changes is making my head to spin.

But I was just wondering have you found your self making changings several times before you arrive you wonder if you will even make it there.:brick:

mickey7879

Yes, I've done that! This trip we were going Sept 21-Oct. 2 staying at AS Sports. Then called to change dates to Sept 22-Oct. 3rd at POR, then called to change it to Sept 20-Oct. 3rd still at POR. I only had 3 changes, but still seems like a lot!

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We changed our minds a few times since booking last Sept. We started out at CBR in a pirate room only to change it to WL in a woods bunk room when the military salute came out. Then we decided to add on the dining plan because we could without buying tickets since we were getting them through the salute too. Luckily I didn't have to do anything but call Elizabeth with KK and she took care of it for me.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Oh My yes this trip we did. We orginally going to go in Sept 24-30 over our anniv. But then I found out I was having back surgery so the doc said I can't travel for 12 weeks. So we decided to change our anniv trip to dec. First it was Dec 3-9. Then my DH wanted to take the kids so we were gonna go dec 9-17th. Then my oldest daughter who is in 11th grade is doing some special programs with her school so she didnt want to come. Then we changed it back to dec 1st for the 2 of us. Then we were going to take a freind of ours so we could take our younger kids so then it was dec 5-16th. Then the freind decided she didnt want to come. So now its just 2 of the younger children and us going dec 3-11th. Now we have bought our airline tickets so I think we are going to stick it out on those dates. We might still bring one of older children. She is in the 9th grade but not sure if we want to take her around mid-terms, since this is her first year in high school. Make sense?

Man I have never changed so much prior to this trip.

By the way I had the back surgery this week. It sucks! at this rate wish i just would have delt with the pain. I am really hoping i will be much better when we leave to come.:xmas:

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Oh My yes this trip we did. We orginally going to go in Sept 24-30 over our anniv. But then I found out I was having back surgery so the doc said I can't travel for 12 weeks. So we decided to change our anniv trip to dec. First it was Dec 3-9. Then my DH wanted to take the kids so we were gonna go dec 9-17th. Then my oldest daughter who is in 11th grade is doing some special programs with her school so she didnt want to come. Then we changed it back to dec 1st for the 2 of us. Then we were going to take a freind of ours so we could take our younger kids so then it was dec 5-16th. Then the freind decided she didnt want to come. So now its just 2 of the younger children and us going dec 3-11th. Now we have bought our airline tickets so I think we are going to stick it out on those dates. We might still bring one of older children. She is in the 9th grade but not sure if we want to take her around mid-terms, since this is her first year in high school. Make sense?

Man I have never changed so much prior to this trip.

By the way I had the back surgery this week. It sucks! at this rate wish i just would have delt with the pain. I am really hoping i will be much better when we leave to come.:xmas:

Oh Lovepooh, thanks for sharing.

That is why my DD-will be 20 said she really did not want to come. We will be in WDW from Nov.21-30 and the week of the holiday she has midterms. Also when we 1st book her Boy friend was going to come also, but now he can't get the time off from work. So since he is not coming, she does not want too.

So it seems senseless to have a 2bdrm when it is only to be us.

I am just afraid that since we are at almost 3 months we might not be able to downgrade from a 2bdrm to a 1bdrm and that is just going to be wasted points.

Oh yea we tried to find friends that would like to go, but everyone wants to be w/ their families.

I hope you are felling better from your surgery. My mom just had major back surgery, they told her 9 months to a yr recovery.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Yeah It can be hard sometimes to get everything together for a family trip. Expecially when your kids get older and are into different things. Hopefully it will work it self out. I would try to get the 1 bd room suite and save your self some $$$. Hopefully there is still room enough for you to do that.

I think if they told me 9mths to a yr recovery I would have not had the surgery done. 3 months is a long time as it is. They told me I can't lift anything over 10lbs for 6-8 weeks I wonder how that is going to work with my 2yr and 4 yr old. But at least they tell me I will be in great releif. I sure hope so!:shrug:

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Yeah It can be hard sometimes to get everything together for a family trip. Expecially when your kids get older and are into different things. Hopefully it will work it self out. I would try to get the 1 bd room suite and save your self some $$$. Hopefully there is still room enough for you to do that.

I think if they told me 9mths to a yr recovery I would have not had the surgery done. 3 months is a long time as it is. They told me I can't lift anything over 10lbs for 6-8 weeks I wonder how that is going to work with my 2yr and 4 yr old. But at least they tell me I will be in great releif. I sure hope so!:shrug:

Well since we are DVC members it would just be points banked back. I know my Dh is having a hard time w/ oldest not going ( that is is ridin partner).

Wel what ever you do listen to the dr. When I was in the hospital w/ my mom there was a lady in there having her 6th surgery and it was all too she does not listen to the dr. and they need to fix what she messed up what had not healed. I did hear the Dr. tell my mom that she will start to feel better starting in 3 months.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Yeah not having my oldest daugther come is a bummer. She is a ton of fun and she is also my husbands riding partner as well....

geez 6th surgery! No way I am not going through this again I will do everything he says. Plus I can't wait to actually walk through disney pain free. That will be the ultimate you know.

Not having all the kids there this year will feel werid but I guess as the kids get older things have to change. Good thing we are allowed to change our trips with out penalties this far out, ya know?

Upvote 0

tink68

Yes! I have changed our reservations so many times for this trip. We started out at POFQ then decided we wanted to stay at the Beach Club so we changed. After alot of bills happened we decided it was too much money so we switched to WL. Then we decided that my job is so shaky that we needed to save even more so we are now back at POFQ again. :p We also decided to change and get the military and dining (which we did not have or know about before-we only had heard of the tickets). About to pay off trip today and we will be done. :sohappy: No mre changes!
P.S. Good luck with your back surgery. My dad has done great ever since he had his.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I had to move our trip by a week because our local school board waited until spring to announce they were starting the school year a week earlier this fall! :brick: Had to change dates, flights and my permission letter for travelling out-of-country, but it actually saved me $80 when I changed the flights. Then the 40% off pin arrived by email so I re-booked into Water View that was cheaper than my original Standard, but one day had to be at full rack rate but with CAA discount. Then an AP discount came out that was better than the CAA discount for that one day that didn't have the 40%....

All at Beach Club... Starting Saturday! :king:

Upvote 0

lovepooh

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who changed our ressies as much as we did this time around!

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully I will be right as rain in Dec. I have never been to the world around the holidays so we are looking foward to it.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom