Have you ever taken your kids out of school to go to WDW?

we are taking our daughter of school from the 12th 16th of november. the school started to give us a hard time until my wife pointed out that monday was a holiday, wednesday was a half a day and thursday no classses for kids, as they had parent, teachers conferences. so friday really. umm she can make up the work for tuesday and friday right...she is in first grade.

Cosmic Commando

we are taking our daughter of school from the 12th 16th of november. the school started to give us a hard time until my wife pointed out that monday was a holiday, wednesday was a half a day and thursday no classses for kids, as they had parent, teachers conferences. so friday really. umm she can make up the work for tuesday and friday right...she is in first grade.
That sounds like the perfect time to take your kid out of school, but that also sounds like the worst school schedule planning ever! :confused: Half day Wednesday, no school Thursday, then they have to come back for Friday?

Todd H

Very similar to how we are doing it in February. We'll take him out Wednesday, Thursday is a half day, then he's off Friday and Monday. So technically he's only missing 1 1/2 days of school.

Ive been to Disney six times with my family, and each time I've had to be taken out of school/college. Considering our trips range from 2-3 weeks that's quite a bit of time, but it's never interfered with my work (I'm in university now so it can't have done that much).

Some of these stories are outrageous. Parents no longer have the ability to raise our children, the "Nanny State" is taking care of everything for us. My child is my child and it will be over my dead body before I let the government raise them for me!

On a side note, my oldest son just started Kindergarten this year and we will be taking him out of school for a full week so that he can go to WDW. Yes I know its only K-5 but we will probably continue to do this as our sons grow older.

The key to making this work is letting the teacher know far enough in advance so that the child can get their work in advance and have it completed by the time they get back. Something we have also done is ask the teacher for ideas on educational things we can do while we are on the trip.
ya good luck getting the work in advance. we were told it's an illegal excuse and the policy is to not give the work in advance. you have to wait for the child to return too school then you can get the work and make it up. totally crazy. don't get me started on teachers unions or school board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom