Have You Ever Meet An OPening Day Cast Member?

ugotzme

Original Poster
Ok so I was paying my bill at Cape May last week and noticed a pin on our server Bobbies name tag that I had never seen. I asked her what it was and she stated it was an opening day cast member pin and she started at the On Top Of The World Lounge, she also stated that there were about 133 opening day cast still working at and around the parks. So Have You Ever Meet An Opening Day Cast Member?

CinderellyKelly

The best waiter at Disney, Harvey, who works at Narccoossee's also started in 1971. You are correct on the number as well. For WDW's 40th anniversary, the 130 or so people remaining cast all got a photo in front of Cindy's castle.

I'll request him when we go in a few weeks!!

Foolish Mortal

The best waiter at Disney, Harvey, who works at Narccoossee's also started in 1971. You are correct on the number as well. For WDW's 40th anniversary, the 130 or so people remaining cast all got a photo in front of Cindy's castle.

Met Harvey back in October and he is awesome !! I'm going to request him on future visits. As long as it's on a weekday, was told he doesn't work weekends. Had some interesting stories.

Walt Disney1955

Almost. In 2010 I had a nice long chat with a cast member who started in 1973. We had a more leisurely day and I noticed him and a couple other employees down where the old Swan boats used to be. He was older so I took a chance that he had been here a long time. He remembered the Swan Boats being there and told me why they got taken out. He said it was a hassle to maintain (although Storybookland Canal Boats seem to work well in Disneyland). He took the time to talk and if anything I was the one who had to break up the conversation and be on my way. Like many Disney cast members he seemed to enjoy talking about it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom