Have you ever gone to WDW and NOT gone to a park?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

So after 10 days of magic and memories and even giving myself a "pep" talk before we went, I still did something that I wanted to avoid. I wanted to avoid the feeling of anxiety to just get in the parks and spend time in the parks and we ended up missing out a lot on the resort activities and just enjoying non park time. I do this every trip and i'm a bit annoyed at myself that I did it again.

Out of curiosity, has anyone just gone to WDW and NOT gone into a park? My parents live about 4 1/2 hours from the World and the DH and I go to HHI each year to see them, usually in the mid winter/early spring. So I was going to look into the DH and I just getting away for a night and spending the night at a Deluxe resort. Thinking the Boardwalk? It will be hard not to be tempted to go in but I think it might be fun for a quick get away.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Pooh Lover

I know. I 'm thinking i'll be all strong but you know - i might cave! :) But honestly - I had 10 days in parks, most over 12 hours. I'm actually pretty full on park times. I miss the resorts though. :)

You won't know until you try and you never know, you may like it enough to do it again in the future. Like you and many people have said, if you are on WDW property, the magic is everywhere. I always come home from a full week at WDW a little bummed for all the things I had on my oh-so-long list that didn't get done. A vacation without the parks would allow me to knock many of those things off my list...things that have been on my list for years. I think its a good idea and will look forward to what you have to say afterward.

Upvote 0

Boomdog15

My wife has "requested" that we spend 1 day around the pool and not go to the park but I just can't do it. I feel like a kid that lives across the street from the fair and not being able to go.

Going to Disney and not going to the park is like a kiss without a hug! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom