Have you ever come across an Alligator on your Disney trip?

Scuttle

There is really no need to worry about gators. They are in general extremely lazy and not very aggressive.

What I have seen in WDW that concerns me is Black Widows Spiders. Every time I have been to DAK I have literally seen hundreds.
Those might not have been widows. We have spiders in FLA that look nearly identical to widows, but are actually completely harmless.

Blackburn23

By far my favorite animal. We always used to make a stop at Gatorland on a driving trip to Disney for me. Saw a couple at the airport but not on Disney property. Have encountered 2 snakes, NOT a fan of those. One in a bush at Pleasure Island (he wasn't happy) and one having a moment in the middle of Tomorrowland (only to get swept up by a cast member). Would prefer the Gators myself

Mouse_Trap

There is really no need to worry about gators. They are in general extremely lazy and not very aggressive.

What I have seen in WDW that concerns me is Black Widows Spiders. Every time I have been to DAK I have literally seen hundreds.

Reminds me of a photo posted on another forum on the now abandoned River Country.
The thing to remember is that Florida has a lot of natural wildlife, much that is not human friendly. With gators remember they were there thousands of years before humans took over much of their habitat and will no doubt continue to be there long after we have left.

RiverCountry101.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Been going to wdw since she opened. Never seen one. I should pay attention. Dh Ds saw one on golf course said got in cart and tootled to next hole. :oops:

Obi

tootled?!?! !!!!

I haven't heard that expression in years!! Thanks for bringing a huge smile to my face.

Soarin2u

The second year we went to the CSR, they had shut down boat facilities due to an Alligator infestation problem for a few months. Surprisingly I didn't see any at all. And trust me, as a young child, with weird fastination with man killing animals, I LOOKED for them. My dad said they were in the area outside the resort, but for security cautions, they quit boat rentals. The last time I was there, I saw the bike and boat rental sections completely shut down. Does anyone know if they are gone?

If we ever get the opportunity to go again, I will keep an eye out in common places people are mentioning them. I'd like to see one not behind a cage, but surely not up close!

Walt Disney1955

Never seen one. Of course there were tons of them on our trip to Gatorland! But seriously this is the laziest animal in the world. In Gatorland they just sit there like a bump on a log. The birds climb all over them, steal their food and do all sorts of distracting things. They don't care. I am sure if I look up somethings on Google I can find an alligator attack, but they are so rare............

DABIGCHEEZ

Not an alligator, but a few nights back I drove out via Floridian Way and saw3 deer near MKs Reedy Creek Station

Over the years, in addition to the many gators seen we have seen Deer, Raccoons, Armadillos(pretty neat for us northerners), a few snakes, some 20 or so turtle(not sure what kind) parade across one of the roads at OKW on Aug. night., Turkeys and many other birds(I am a birdawatcher, so I am looking for this stuff!). The best was a River Otter frolicing around the Lego serpent/dragon in the lake at DTD.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Over the years, in addition to the many gators seen we have seen Deer, Raccoons, Armadillos(pretty neat for us northerners), a few snakes, some 20 or so turtle(not sure what kind) parade across one of the roads at OKW on Aug. night., Turkeys and many other birds(I am a birdawatcher, so I am looking for this stuff!). The best was a River Otter frolicing around the Lego serpent/dragon in the lake at DTD.
You have to keep your eyes open for Bald Eagles. I see one from time to time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You have to keep your eyes open for Bald Eagles. I see one from time to time.

A few years ago, I was on the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge. As we approached WL, I saw a bird flying over the treetops and I did a double take; I couldn't believe it. I asked the driver of the boat if it was a bald eagle, and he said yes! He said they're sometimes seen in that area.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gators ? All the time across the street from the Poly at Shades of Green... the golf course pond have lots of them. Occasionally they'll take a deer or one of the geese that become inattentive. There's a flock of decent sized turkeys that roams between the Grand Floridian, Poly, and Shades of Green. You can usually spot them from the monorail as they are fearless.

Todd L

NEVER and my son and I spend the entire Ride back and fourth to MCO with our noses pressed up against the glass looking!

DebDeb

Last July We saw two that hung out our entire stay at the GF dock. We could see them from our room. Kids were feeding them!

Matt and Kelly

Saw quite a few while playing a round of golf at the Palm course a few years back. Made for a couple nervous tee shots but it was pretty cool to see a few gators relatively close up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom