Have you ever been lied to?

satchamo

I think a lot of CMs try to answer a question regardless of whether they are right or not. Many like to think they are Disney Experts. Most are not and their college process is a joke. I just grin and bear it when it happens and love conversing with the CMs that do get it and love Disney. I try to remember or jot down their name, where they were working and when. These individuals deserve the praise. Most of the time, WDW receives correspondences about bad experiences. I like to reward those that are positive.
You are right. People are quick to write with a complaint, but seldom take the time to write the praises of someone that went out of their way to make someone's day. I have written Disney twice regarding the last two trips we made to acknowledge a certain CM(s). Each time, I have recieved a phone call from Disney thanking me for my letter.

Tigger#1

On our last trip we boarded the monorail at the contemporary bound for the magic kingdom but we're told we had to disembark when we got to the transportation ticket center because our train didn't stop at MK. I tried to tell the CM that we had made this trip the day before but he made us get off and get in line for the ferry. While we waited in the long line I watched our train make several stops at MK even on the first loop. It took us over an hour to get to the MK so DS & DD had to just sit and wait on us.

ariel90

I think some cast members find it easier to make up a little white lie than to flat out tell people no. Most think that they obviously know more about this place because they work there.

Phineas

My guess for this one is that they were characters in training. Character training can happen virtually anywhere, in the most bizarre of places, often for just one set and then never again. A cast member unaware that a particular character was being trained somewhere might well be dumbfounded that it had happened.
That does make a lot of sense, and seems really likely-it was just a very jarring response, and unexpected to say the least.

purplegirl1818

It didn't end up being a lie, but we were sure it was:

Back in 2008 I went to Hollywood Studios with a large group for Magical Music Days. We got in line for on Tower of Terror only to have our group split into the different line when necessary. Those of us in our car enjoyed the ride and waited for the other half of our group in the gift shop. After no one came out for a good 10 minutes we asked a worker if they knew what was going on. He told us the elevator had broken down. We thought he was just really in character - because, isn't that the premise of the ride? So we laughed it off, and went to find someone else to help.

Turns out the ride did malfunction and their car had to climb back down, and start the ride again.

Joseph Robinson

For anyone trying to get their facts on Disney together, I highly recommend this website.

From the landing page:

"Walt Disney World opened in 1950 as Walt Disney's biggest project -- and it soon became his biggest failure. The world wasn't ready for Disney's grand vision. They didn't want to spend the money, they didn't want to spend the time, and by God they didn't want to have to go to hot, sticky, buggy, hurricane-infested Florida on their vacation."

I guess Disney is part of the greatest cover operation ever :rolleyes:.

MarkTwain

From the landing page:

"Walt Disney World opened in 1950 as Walt Disney's biggest project -- and it soon became his biggest failure. The world wasn't ready for Disney's grand vision. They didn't want to spend the money, they didn't want to spend the time, and by God they didn't want to have to go to hot, sticky, buggy, hurricane-infested Florida on their vacation."

I guess Disney is part of the greatest cover operation ever :rolleyes:.

I love that website... I open it whenever I need a laugh. From their page on Epcot:

As originally conceived by Walt Disney himself, EPCOT (for Extremely Popular City of Tourists) was to be a massive city where people could live, work, and play while constantly under the eyes of vacationers from all around the world. Unfortunately, Walt Disney did not live to see his dream come to fruition, although it is assumed that he will at some point be defrosted to continue his work.

When EPCOT Central opened in 1982, it differed from Walt Disney's original vision in three ways: 1) Design, 2) Purpose, and 3) Everything else.

Though the park was generally well received by those who didn't violently protest accidentally learning something while enjoying themselves, EPCOT Centrifuge was eventually demolished, to be replaced by the largely similar Epcot '92 in 1994. Epcot '92 was renamed Epcot '94 in 1995, and Epcot '95 in 1996. Management then realized that the paperwork for changing the park's name took too long to process and was causing a certain amount of confusion, so the new park was christened simply Epcot in 1997.

Trivia: EPCOT Centrist's name was not changed to Epcot as an ink-saving proposition, as many people assume. Instead, EPCOT Centipede became simply Epcot when a generation of email-enabled guest began to ask why the park's name was shouting at them.

disneysince71

A CM told my son that there was only one Mickey in all of Disney (kind of like Santa).
Then when we saw 2 within 3 minutes of each other in different clothing... I told him it was Disney Magic.. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom