Have you done Drink Around the World?

janoimagine

Done it several times and the key to surviving it is carbs ... which luckily your at a theme park so they are not to hard to find. :D

muteki

Have done it before but definitely not every trip. It is pricey. Also have a hard time finding things I like/worth the money at every country.

Weather_Lady

Never have, and for me the cost and the fuzzy-headedness would never be worth it. I can drink around my own living room for a fraction of the cost -- if I really want to get creative, I can put a different cocktail in every room in the house, culminating in a swig from the bottle of Aquavit that resides in my kitchen freezer, all for the same cost as a single drink at Disney prices. Besides, at Disney World, I prefer to keep my head clear so I can enjoy all the attractions and memories that I can't find in my living room.

LizC

We have done it in the past, before kids. ;). Very fun especially during the food & wine festival. Although you must be careful, I have seen many people overdue it. Disney is not somewhere I would want to be with a hangover.

real mad hatter

Well in July I started off in Mexico.In the La Cava I had the jalapeño margarita,then had to drink DW cucumber margarita,then had the tequila flight myself,then it got worse,the barman had made a blood orange margarita by mistake and asked if I wanted it for nothing ( what a silly question to ask a Scotsman ) so after downing that and having a good old chat with the barman,he toasted my vacation with a free tequila shot which we both knocked back.When I got outside,all the other countries had went to sleep,so I flew back to my resort on the tinker bell express.Next time gonna start at Canada.:rolleyes:

TheTunes

These are all great posts.

I did it last December and ran into a problem I hit in New Orleans, the faster it gets dark, the less time you think you may have (don't ask, but it makes sense).

True, I escaped the 100 degree temperatures, but I really (I MEAN REALLY) love a cold beer in that kind of sweltering weather as opposed to 70 and overcast like December.

I started in Canada and by the UK I realized the mistake I made. I brought a date who didn't like to and didn't want to drink, which was awful, because at 5'10 (even though thin/athletic frame), I thought she could hang with the boys.

So, while I was drinking my beer, wine, saki, etc...at every stand, she wasn't drinking at all and impatiently grilling me about riding rides later. We went to the rides and it was about 3:30-4:00, so after two rides it was already dark, which meant, "Let's get the rest of the countries in before they close". Slamming an Altenmunster in Germany and followed with the same of Carlsbad was the worst idea ever to "catch up".

I know it sounds like it's a given, but go with someone who likes to drink and someone you can talk to or talk about the past, like a college or high school pal. One where the stories get better. If you actually went to Europe with a class from college or something, even better, the stories will flow and seem a lot funnier.

Eating is critical! Eat a good breakfast with carbs like hotcakes. And if you start early, do the fish & chips or come back to it. Even the fried rice in China isn't a bad idea later in the day if you go CAN to MEX. Also drink at least a bottle of water per two drinks at the minimum. It is going to cost you. After admission (which is a lot), count on dropping $80-$100, which if you're prepared, it's not that bad for the fun.

Take lots of pictures, try on hats and if you have a passport or T-shirt, go that route. Nothing beats lying on the grass with the rest of your fallen compadres at the end of the event watching a laser-light show.

I would be interested in making it an annual event with a group. If there are groups who do this annually I'd definitely be willing to make it worth joining those trusty same-minded pioneers!

Vader2112

Yes had a ball until we decided to drink the mulled wine Germany serves at holiday time. Evening wrecker. Would have been great by itself on a chilly night. Not after having Margaritas.

Texas84

Tried it once and ran out of time at 6 of 13. We did some damage at the F&W booths a few weeks ago but didn't keep track. This Sunday night we'll get a passport. :)

WDW!

I don't drink. I do enjoy walking around the world and watching the people who do drink, they can get pretty crazy :D.

Epcot-Rules

Is there a ticket you buy for this? Is it only during F&W? I am going next week and would love to try it. I can suck back 15+ beers during a football Saturday so this sound like something I would be able to conquer with ease. And I'm staying at BW so no bus rides.

Allygator

I plan on introducing this to my non-Disney loving husband in hopes of winning him over!!! Taking notes on all the tips! I figure if he drinks enough I can tell him he promised me another trip to Disney! ;)

muteki

Is there a ticket you buy for this? Is it only during F&W? I am going next week and would love to try it. I can suck back 15+ beers during a football Saturday so this sound like something I would be able to conquer with ease. And I'm staying at BW so no bus rides.

You can do it year round, but F&W gives you more choices. No ticket, just walk up to the counter and get what you want.

DisJosh

I've not done this yet. I was 22 when I last went and still not a big drinker. Today beer is something I'm passionate about. So I'm looking forward to drinking around the world. Though it will be more so just for the novelty of getting plastered in Epcot. Less so for the chance to try interesting brews as World Showcase doesn't offer much that I haven't already imbibed! My trip is booked for January so you can look forward to photo documentation of my drunken exploits. ;)

DisneyLeo18

one of the major draws to stay at the beach club... stumbling home, NO BUS!

It's about a 100 bucks a head

What this one said. Stumbling across the bridge back to your room beats fighting your way to and on to the bus.

Expensive but loved it, do it every visit now.

ddbowdoin

What this one said. Stumbling across the bridge back to your room beats fighting your way to and on to the bus.

Expensive but loved it, do it every visit now.

I've not done this yet. I was 22 when I last went and still not a big drinker. Today beer is something I'm passionate about. So I'm looking forward to drinking around the world. Though it will be more so just for the novelty of getting plastered in Epcot. Less so for the chance to try interesting brews as World Showcase doesn't offer much that I haven't already imbibed! My trip is booked for January so you can look forward to photo documentation of my drunken exploits. ;)

custom shirts... designed by myself and just received from my print shop. Yes, EPIC... March 2013!

8178747154_606062e7f5.jpg

8178716301_00ab028d93_z.jpg

Spike-in-Berlin

Wanted to do it when we stayed at the Yacht Club this spring but a lot of trouble with our room spoiled the plan. First we were to exhausted and then we had to do more important things with time running out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom