Have we done this video, yet? Fight Breaks Out at Walt Disney World Ferry

teddiem

Nope. I've just seen my fair share of people losing it on their families over something ridiculously stupid because "We're going to get our money's worth out of this trip!!!" And if you don't think people packed into the parks, long waits everywhere you turn, and other conditions in the parks don't contribute to that occurring, then you've got blinders on.
I’ve yet to see a fist fight break out but almost every trip I’ve been to WDW I’ve seen yelling, screaming and throwing of drinks between family members.

It’s probably never just 1 thing but going to a theme park is tiring - you’re walking miles, waiting in lines, hungry and most of the year in the heat. The high cost of a Disney vacation definitely contributes also, I know this because I’ve felt this way especially when you’re talking about a trip that for many you can only take every couple of years. Everyone wants that perfect vacation where you felt like you did it all.

Giss Neric

I have witnessed a couple of fights/altercations in amusement parks and theme parks. They do get filmed by many of course but nobody cares. If it happens at a Disney park it becomes somewhat of a big deal. Are people really expecting people behaving properly at a Disney park? No matter how good the security is, people will fight.

Timmay

They advertise themselves as a world-class vacation destination. What part of that should EVER be stressful?
“Should?” None of it. I “should” have more hair on my head, too.

Reality? All of it, because life is always a reality.

People are to blame for their actions. Not misleading advertising

seascape

I am looking forward to a great WDW vacation in a couple of weeks. The crowds are expected to be very light and Trip Planner says we will be able to do more in the afternoon than we used to get done in a full day. I hope WDW can find a way to limit crowds to this level in the future and still make a fortune. That means big ticket price increases and upcharges but it would be worth it for the overall experience. The experience is what matters not the cost.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am looking forward to a great WDW vacation in a couple of weeks. The crowds are expected to be very light and Trip Planner says we will be able to do more in the afternoon than we used to get done in a full day. I hope WDW can find a way to limit crowds to this level in the future and still make a fortune. That means big ticket price increases and upcharges but it would be worth it for the overall experience. The experience is what matters not the cost.
…I see your point. You won’t be around forever…bread and circuses until then!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I just went to a baseball game and my team got blown out. All the commercials made my team look good!

Naturally I got into a fist fight on my way out and it's my team's fault.
Did you go to the game because you're a fan? Or did you go because you were bored and just looking for something to do?

If you're a fan, you should have known how your team was performing.

If you were just bored, kwitcherbichen, because you got some entertainment for your money. With a free* fight thrown in for good measure.

* the fight is free. the consequences, perhaps, not so much.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I was just pointing out the absurdity of tying marketing to expectations and holding the supplier liable when their marketing doesn't match reality and violence is committed as a result.
While consumers are responsible for doing their own research, marketing departments, indeed, set the unrealistic expectations that result in the frustration, anger and subsequent conflicts that we're seeing more and more often these days.

If an advertiser shows/tells me product X will do Y, and I buy it with the expectation that it will do Y, and it doesn't/won't/can't, then I'm going to have a negative experience based on that unrealistic expectation fed to me by the marketing department.

I could go to Consumer Reports, fan sites, review sites, etc, and research whether or not product X does Y. If I did, my expectations might be suitably tempered. That's a reasonable approach.

But not everybody uses reason these days... it's more easier to just use feels. And Disney marketing has warehouses full of feels all bottled up in decades of conditioning since the 1950's, and isn't afraid to open a can or two of it in every commercial they buy/air/post.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While consumers are responsible for doing their own research, marketing departments, indeed, set the unrealistic expectations that result in the frustration, anger and subsequent conflicts that we're seeing more and more often these days.

If an advertiser shows/tells me product X will do Y, and I buy it with the expectation that it will do Y, and it doesn't/won't/can't, then I'm going to have a negative experience based on that unrealistic expectation fed to me by the marketing department.

I could go to Consumer Reports, fan sites, review sites, etc, and research whether or not product X does Y. If I did, my expectations might be suitably tempered. That's a reasonable approach.

But not everybody uses reason these days... it's more easier to just use feels. And Disney marketing has warehouses full of feels all bottled up in decades of conditioning since the 1950's, and isn't afraid to open a can or two of it in every commercial they buy/air/post.
…you “get” a simple reality that others on this thread refuse to even consider. Can’t go through a day where the realities bleed into predetermined emotions…you know?

Roy G. Dis

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree that the concept of caveat emptor applies to yes, even Disney trips with their syrupy emotional commercials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom