Have-to restaurants

Purpilia25

Original Poster
Hi!!! Me and my boyfriend are going to WDW for the five days leading up to my birthday! He has never been and I have been around 16 times so I am set in my ways in regards to dining. So I have four days of lunch and dinner I need to plan. I plan on going to Epcot the first night, MK all day the next, HS on the 3rd day, and a water park and maybe Downtown Disney the last day.

So I figure if we stay at the Contemporary we will do the character breakfast before MK. And thats really the only thing that is set. So yeah, can anyone share thier fav restaurants...I'm really looking for ones that have the full Disney experience and ones I don't normally go to. Thanks in advance!!!

MaryJaneP

If you can afford it, California Grill, atop Contemporary, is, IMO, great food and incomparable atmosphere/view. Convenient too if you are staying in CR. Try and get res for 9 pm and then watch fireworks. Wow, just recalling our trip last Spring brings tingles. For Epcot, we like eating at Mexico and Japan because we like the flavors. HS we've done Sci-Fi and Prime-time for atmosphere, mostly. Bon Apetit!

LSU_Tigger

Favorite at MK would be Peco's Bill's (sorry don't have time to sit at MK). Epcot is tricky because I like LeCellier, Germany Beirgarten, Mexico(inside) and Japan Tep Endo. HS would be Brown Derby and 50's Prime Time. DTD would be Bongo's, House of Blues and T-Rex. My kids, wife and I love this places the most. Some of the places its because the food is great and some is the atmosphere then a combination of both. I would agree with MaryJaneP on the California Grill because that would be romantic if you are able to get a table by the glass overlooking MK for the fireworks. I did it with my wife before we were married and it was awesome! What ever you do, I'm sure it will be fun!!!!!

tampabrad

I absolutely have to have dinner at California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko and now Sanaa. For lunch it is Sci Fi, Yack and Yeti (It looks like you are skippink DAK) Pecos Bill's, Japan at Epcot and Beaches and Cream.

rkelly42

1. Le Cellier
2. Kona
3. Teppan Edo
4. Rose and Crown
5. California Grill
6. O'hana
7. Boma
8. Fulton's
9. Espn
10. Biergarten

PhilharMagician

Table Service
  1. Biergarten
  2. Ohana
  3. Donald's Breakfast Safari (Tusker House)
  4. Boma
Couter Service
  1. Flame Tree BBQ
  2. Cosmic Ray's
  3. Columbia Harbor House
  4. Main St Bakery

plaz10

EPCOT
-Le Cellier
-Coral Reef
-Teppan Edo

MK Counter Service
-Pecos Bills
-Caseys Corner

Resorts
-Kona Cafe at Poly

mickey2008.1

MK day:
Kona Cafe TS Great food, probably the best 1TS meals
Ohanas window seat during fireworks, only 1TS
Cosmic Rays CS
EPCOT day:
Tepan Edo
La Hacienda De SanAngel
HS day:
Brown Derby as I here its back to its original glory.
Mama Melrose Best TS in the studios

As far as signature restaurants, Narcooses, California Grill, Yachtsmen Steak house.

DTD
Wolgfgang Cafe
Portabellos
and of course Earl of Sandwich for late night snack.

Monorail Lime

Biergarten and Teppan Edo can be loads of fun if you enjoy socializing with other couples.

For a more romantic experience, I'd have to agree with what everyone has said about California Grill. I took my wife on her birthday last year and she described it as the most magical meal of her lifetime. Getting a reservation during the fireworks can be hit-or-miss; what I might recommend instead is get a table about 2 hours prior and take a bottle of wine out on the rooftop observation area after your meal and wait for them. :)

wolf359

Some of my resort favorites:

California Grill
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Some of my park favorites:

Plaza Restaurant
Cosmic Ray's

San Angel Inn
Restaurant Marrakesh
Yakatori House

Yak and Yeti
Flame Tree BBQ

flavious27

I can tell you the restaurants that we went to on our last trip.

Bomo
Biergarden
Brown Derby
Polynesian Luau
Trail's End

Also Le Cellier, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Rose and Crown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom