Haunted Mansion

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Release date - March 10, 2023.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.51.52 AM.png

"Walt Disney Pictures’ “Haunted Mansion,” is based on Disney’s classic theme parks attraction and starring a star-studded ensemble cast that includes LaKeith Stanfield “Knives Out,” Tiffany Haddish “Bad Trip,” Owen Wilson Marvel’s “Loki,” Danny DeVito “Jumanji: The Next Level,” Rosario Dawson “Zombieland: Double Tap” and Chase Dillon “The Underground Railroad.” The film was directed by Justin Simien “Bad Hair,” “Dear White People” and produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich “Aladdin.” Nick Reynolds “Easter Sunday” and Tom Peitzman “The Lion King” are the executive producers.

In this mysterious adventure, a doctor (Dawson) and her 9-year-old son (Dillon), looking to start a new life, move into a strangely affordable mansion in New Orleans, only to discover that the place is much more than they bargained for. Desperate for help, they contact a priest (Wilson), who, in turn, enlists the aid of a widowed scientist-turned failed-paranormal expert (Stanfield), a French Quarter psychic (Haddish) and a crotchety historian (DeVito)."

FigmentJedi

Calling all morbheads! I repeat, calling all morbheads!
Yes, the rumors are true! OTN can confirm that Jared Leto has indeed joined the cast of Disney’s upcoming Haunted Mansion. We can also confirm he is playing the Alistair Crump/Hatbox Ghost. But, that’s not all because we’ve also been able to exclusively obtain some details about the design of his character.
Sources have told OTN that the Hatbox Ghost’s design is going to look quite similar to the one on the Haunted Mansion ride. We’ve also heard that Jared Leto’s face will be seen on renaissance-era paintings throughout the mansion. While unconfirmed, we’ve heard that his face will only be on the paintings and only his voice will come out of the Hatbox Ghost, a character that appeared to be CG. We were told the voice for his character was not his normal one and it was going to be more deep with some high pitched cackles.
This is the latest eccentric role that Jared Leto has taken on. The Oscar-winning actor has played the Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad and 2021’s Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Paolo Gucci in 2021’s House of Gucci and most recently, Dr. Michael Morbius in 2022’s Morbius. He’s also slated to work with Disney again as he’s set to star in Tron: Ares, which has been a passion project for him the last few years.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Director Justin Simien and Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis stopped by D23 today to tease their upcoming live-action Haunted Mansion film, sharing that it will feature cameos from Winona Ryder, Dan Levy, Hasan Minhaj and more.

Simien also debuted a new for-the-room-only trailer which watches as a car pulls up to a mansion in the depths of night. The mansion, our narrator says, was discovered fully built after a fire in 1788. “That’s when things started to get weird,” he continues, “[with] a string of dramatic events, paranormal attacks, yellow fever, explosions. There’s no records, only stories.”

We then follow a character played by Tiffany Haddish and a priest portrayed by Owen Wilson as they explore hidden areas of the darkly historic house with a group of kids, finding, behind a painting, a room that had “not been touched in centuries.”

The trailer also introduces us to a tour guide played by Lakeith Stanfield, with further flashes to characters played by Rosario Dawson, Danny DeVito and more."

celluloid

Eddie Murphy needs a cameo so the other movie can be in this universe lol.

I think this new movie has the strong potential to make the one he starred in look like Citizen Kane. He would be wise to stay away and they can't afford him with the already overinflated celebrity budget this thing has.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I think this new movie has the strong potential to make the one he starred in look like Citizen Kane. He would be wise to stay away and they can't afford him with the already overinflated celebrity budget this thing has.

Thats why I said cameo, he doesnt need to be in it for longer than 10 minutes.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Date has shifted to August 11th 2023 -

"Meanwhile Haunted Mansion moves from March 10 next year to Aug. 11 next year which is where Sony has Gran Turismo and Universal The Last Voyage of the Demeter."

Aug 11? Ah... makes sense... they're releasing it exactly when Halloween season begins for the parks!!

erasure fan1

Aug 11? Ah... makes sense... they're releasing it exactly when Halloween season begins for the parks!!
This will be out of theaters by the time Halloween season starts. A late September date would be ideal if you were going to try to capitalize on Halloween from a theatrical standpoint. Now maybe that's their play. Theater releases only seem to last a month or so, obviously that could be different by next year. So get it in theaters in August so you can push it for D+ and party season at the parks for Halloween.

erasure fan1

I mean Disney could keep it in theaters an extra couple weeks to make it to mid-October.
That's why I said it could change. We don't know if the theater environment will go back to normal since it will be a year later. I think they are expecting it to be a D+ push but if it does warrant keeping in theaters longer, bonus.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
45 days in a theater is the new normal for 'big' pictures (not small indie films).

Aug 11 + 45 days = Sep 25.

They *could* keep it in theaters longer... if it's making money. If it's depleted it's BO power, it'll be pulled.

Besides, it's not a 'horror film' that's more typical for Halloween time in theaters. I'm sure Disney would want it on D+ in time for family-friendly spooky Halloween programming blocks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom