Haunted Mansion

smotw

The Ballroom and the Madame Leota's room. Oh and of corse, the narration on background saing "do not pull down on the safety bar please. I will low it for you", or something like thata. I am sorry for my english, but I am Brasilian and I am still learning, ok?:animwink:

bearboysnc

The only thing I DON'T like about the haunted mansion is the hallway with the staring eyes. The paintings seem really "Scooby Do-ish" to me

Ezra Dobbins

Favourite Scene: The Graveyard
Favourite Character: The Ghost Host
Favourite Detail: The Raven appears in almost every scene
Favourite Ride: The Haunted Mansion :sohappy: :lol: :sohappy:

MGMBoy

Originally posted by Ezra Dobbins
Favourite Detail: The Raven appears in almost every scene

You know the reason for this don't you? Have you ever noticed that the ballroom, and attic are , pretty much, the only two scenes you don't see the raven? They're also the only two scenes where there is no ghost host. Story is that originally the attraction was to be narrated by the raven. In fact, on the anniversary HM album there are voice samples of a Reven-like ghost hostess (The same woman who does Madame Leotta was considered for the position in the beginning.

raven

Originally posted by MGMBoy

Have you ever noticed that the ballroom, and attic are , pretty much, the only two scenes you don't see the raven? They're also the only two scenes where there is no ghost host.

I am pretty sure you can find the raven in EVERY scene. Sometimes it's hidden. As for the Ghosts Host disapearing, he says he will "see you all a little later" (which he does back at the end of the graveyard scene) As for the original story line with the Raven telling the story, true. But, that was at Disneyland, way before the WDW mansion was made. The story lone was dropped pretty much when making the WDW version.

thumper

When I got off the ride, I noticed the pet cemetary for the first time! I didn't have the chance to check out if they had headstone markers or if the pets had names. Does anyone know?:confused:

Becky

:)

I like everything about the HM except comming out of the stretching room at the same time others are comming out of another one and two hugh groups have to fit down the single file lane to the Dune Buggys.

Also, someone please feed that poor dog by the cemetary caretaker. He/She has been skin and bones for so long. :cry: Milk Bones anyone? Anyone?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Becky
:)

I like everything about the HM except comming out of the stretching room at the same time others are comming out of another one and two hugh groups have to fit down the single file lane to the Dune Buggys.

Also, someone please feed that poor dog by the cemetary caretaker. He/She has been skin and bones for so long. :cry: Milk Bones anyone? Anyone?

Doom Buggies...not Dune Buggies

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Doom Buggies...not Dune Buggies

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, my favorite part of the ride is the ballroom scene, no, the attic, no, the graveyard, well, the WHOLE attraction! lol The Haunted Mansion is my favorite MK ride, other that the CoP of course :) .

Last time my family and I went to the MK, I finally discovered the bride's ring! Its so tiny, you can barely notice it. I also took some pictures of the ghosts in the attraction. They look so different when you take a picture of them... :lookaroun

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Becky

Aw... I never thought of that before, that poor doggy! :cry: That caretaker hasn't even noticed that it's been starving for 31 years, what a fool! Let's all form a group that wants the caretaker to feed that puppy. Note to self- Reduce sugar intake. :)
I am glad my dog Meggy's not that skinny, we would have a bit of a problem then.

HMGhost13

well seeing as this si a post for HM, thought i'd share my 10 cents (my two cents are free :D) anyways, i loved HM the first time i rode it. after that, well, it took MANY years to like it again. and since then(i don't remember when exactly) i have been a huge fan of it. i am disgusted that they want eddie murphy for their HM movie i was writing a screenplay for the movie myself but stopped when they announced they were going to make one, no sense in making a screenplay for a movie coming out right? anyway, i go on HM as much as i can when we visit WDW and the last ride i did in DEC. 2000 was HM. so i'm happy and all i can say is OCTOBER HERE I COME!!!

raven

Originally posted by thumper
When I got off the ride, I noticed the pet cemetary for the first time! I didn't have the chance to check out if they had headstone markers or if the pets had names. Does anyone know?:confused:

I noticed this for the first time too on my last visit. Maybe it was always overgrown with trees and grass that I never looked before. There are names on the stones for the pets but you can't get close enough to read them because they are behind a fence and up on a hill. But I know there is a grave for a duck, snake, and a dog there.

aim

my favorite parts are the ballroom! i love that! :p also, i love the new headstone in the graveyard (before you enter the ride)! it's so kool! has anyone else seens it?

disneydolphin

I love all of the Haunted Mansion, but I love the ballroom and the graveyard the best!
The new tombstone outside the Haunted Mansion is also pretty cool, but I never got to see it move.

gracchoi

The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride (and my husband's). The kids don't like it (too scary and too noisy) so we rarely get to ride it together. :( My favorite part: the graveyard.

My least favorite part- though I like it all- is the screaming heads popping out of trunks bit. Anyone else have an opinion?

Julie

lamarvenoy

my favorite part is the "hidden" wedding ring in the cement outside the exit of the ride, i have to stop and look at it everytime.

Justin

I love the Haunted Mansion, Its a great haunted house, themed great, spooky and fits in perfect with Disney. Its definately the coolest one i have been on, Everytime i go on it i see something different. The special eccects and Last part in the backyard r great.

Dizknee_Phreek

i love the whole ride (there's no way i could've said that 5 years ago, though!) anyway, i can't pick a favorite part...i can, however, pick my least favorite part...which would be going up the staircase where the giant spiders are...i HATE spiders! even fake ones! :lookaroun
oh, but one thing i LOVE is the scene with the casket...i love how they make it smell like a florist in that area!!
and i LOVE screaming like a banshee on that ride...just for the sheer fun of it! i do feel bad when i know there's little kids on it, cuz i'm afraid i'll scare them even more (if they get scared easily...like i did) but i just can't help myself! :goodnevil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom