Haunted mansion

Lee

Adventurer
marni1971 said:
As it stands legally it won`t happen; Tim Burtons contract with TWDC specifically states the overlay is only to beused in Anaheim and Tokyo.

That's been the common belief for a few years, but I recently heard that it's not the case. Supposedly, Burton has no say in it whatsoever. The film and characters are fully owned by Disney, and they can do anything they want with them...merchandise, overlays, parades, etc.

TP2000

Lee said:
That's been the common belief for a few years, but I recently heard that it's not the case. Supposedly, Burton has no say in it whatsoever. The film and characters are fully owned by Disney, and they can do anything they want with them...merchandise, overlays, parades, etc.

Yes, the whole Burton thing seems to have been an urban legend. Back in 2002 and '03, after HMH proved to be a smash hit in Anaheim, the Tim Burton excuse was used to start a rumor that 2005 would be the last year for the ride because he had only agreed to a five year contract. Shortly after that, another rumor got out that Burton would never agree to allowing the ride go in to any other Disney park. 2005 came, and Tokyo got their own HMH for the first time (which is fantastic by the way). And 2006 has arrived and HMH is returning to both Anaheim and Tokyo, with no signs of it ever stopping.

In fact, they've been adding new animatronics and plussing up the Holiday show scenes with every iteration of HMH at Disneyland since it's second season in 2002. They just keep adding and layering every year, which they wouldn't be doing if they knew it's days were numbered because of some bizarre Tim Burton induced clause in the contract.

The rumors and urban legends surrounding Tim Burton and his alledged control over the HMH ride have died out in Anaheim after all of the predictions of it's demise after '05 were proved untrue. But it doesn't surprise me that they've popped up again 3,000 miles away as an excuse why WDW doesn't have Haunted Mansion Holiday. "Because Tim Burton won't let us." :eek:

Lee

Adventurer
unkadug said:
Any news on when/if the floating leota effect will be installed in Florida?

It is "when" and not "if".
Probably will be added when the refurb that has been in the works for some time actually comes around. Either before or after the likely Space Mtn. refurb...ops won't want both down together.

AEfx

Lee said:
It is "when" and not "if".
Probably will be added when the refurb that has been in the works for some time actually comes around. Either before or after the likely Space Mtn. refurb...ops won't want both down together.
I'd hope they'd do HM first, because I'm praying SM gets the "down for a year or more" treatment and is done up right like DL's version.

Both attractions need love, but SM needs the special kind of "gut the building and start from scratch" love, whereas HM needs the "let's add a few effects and clean up some of the rough edges" type of attention.

AEfx

KrazyKemp

AEfx said:
I'd hope they'd do HM first, because I'm praying SM gets the "down for a year or more" treatment and is done up right like DL's version.

Both attractions need love, but SM needs the special kind of "gut the building and start from scratch" love, whereas HM needs the "let's add a few effects and clean up some of the rough edges" type of attention.

AEfx

I agree with this statement. While I would sorely miss SM, I know that with that kind of re-imagineering going on, it would be a great ride.

Whereas, HM needs a new sound system in the buggies...maybe a few new special effects, and that would be that...a few months closure, tops.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
I think it would be a better idea if they had two versions - one child-friendly verison (like they have now) during daylight hours, and one very spooky version once the sun went down.

Wouldn't that be a neat idea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom