Haunted mansion

WRE4ever

Original Poster
I know this was probably discussed before so don't pounce on me for this ...but im just wondering....are they ever bringing the haunted mansion holiday to wdw? I would love to see this version of the ride and I don't get to DL that often

thanks

mdisney

WRE4ever said:
I know this was probably discussed before so don't pounce on me for this ...but im just wondering....are they ever bringing the haunted mansion holiday to wdw? I would love to see this version of the ride and I don't get to DL that often

thanks

i pray to god they don't because i hated the haunted mansion with holiday added to it. I rather them open a different ride for nightmare before xmas. So they can have it all year round.

duckburg85

I wish they would, i thought that it was a nice change for the ride. A few things were a bit over the top, like the giant jack skelingtton face in the stretching room.

If not for a change of the ride, just seeing the haunted mansion exterior covered in thousands of candles and jack-o-lanterns is worth it.

ctwhalerman

I'd like to see it come, but I don't think Disney will ever get around to it. The ride as it is now is still incredible, and since WDW does not have the same local clientele as Disneyland there may be no reason for the added expense. Disneyland needs new things to keep the locals coming in, while WDW has a much higher percentage of tourists who will come to WDW whether there is a holiday Mansion or not.

The It's A Small World Holiday has been around a few years longer than the Mansion holiday, and I think that since we haven't yet seen that in Florida, the Mansion will be holiday-free for quite a while.

iheartdisney91

NO!! i hope that never happens the haunted mansion is just to special to change it! maybe for the holiday add a coulple of x-mas wreathes and maybe add like a red and green light but thats it the haunted mansion is good on its own

Unplugged

I love the Mansion, but am a big fan of Nightmare as well. Not having seen the Disneyland exhibit, I would welcome the change for the holiday season. But I can see both sides of the debate.

Speaking of changes...(is this worth of another thread)..I read a few weeks back about some "testing" of changes at the Mansion. Lower lights and higher volume were discussed. Anyone know if that held true or was just a short term thing? I'm taking my son to WDW in September (he'll be 1) and he enjoys things like that as long as we hold him, but if it's darker and louder, it would be a rudefor us to try and potentially wreck someone else's fun.

Lee

Adventurer
Latest word I hear is no...no HMH at WDW.
However, there is a possibility of Jack Skellington and friends showing up at the Studios as a Halloween event instead.

KaliSplash

Don't touch the Mansion in this fashion. While there seems to be general agreement that HM could use an IASW-style update, I hope we NEVER see the holiday mess here.

It would not alarm me, however, if they did some sort of appearnce somewhere in the world, as Lee mentions above.

But don't touch the mansion!

EpcotServo

KaliSplash said:
Don't touch the Mansion in this fashion. While there seems to be general agreement that HM could use an IASW-style update, I hope we NEVER see the holiday mess here.

It would not alarm me, however, if they did some sort of appearnce somewhere in the world, as Lee mentions above.

But don't touch the mansion!
You can really see how many of you haven't even been on HMH. Because anything new, must be bad!

S.E.A.

HMH would be a refreshing seasonal addition, plus it's a good way to keep the Mansion in top shape with the cosntant rehabs.

RonAnnArbor

There is no reason to do the holiday updates at WDW. DL is dependent on return visitors from the local area in LA - as such, they often do things there that will never be done at WDW to try to attract people back during the year. Those who live in the midwest know that Cedar Point does a Hallow-eve's update for their entire park for the month of October -- they are not trying to attract new customers -- they are trying to get their summer customers to come back one more time and spend some money during the fall month before the park closes for the year. Similarly for Disneyland. WDW is not dependent on the same local crowd coming back several times a year. There is no financial gain for doing something like the holiday update at Haunted Mansion.

Pongo

I don't see why it would be a bad thing. It's not like HMH would be forever. Just a few months.

The only reason I see that wDW won't do it is because many people make their yearly visits during the holiday season, meaning the only HM they would ever see is the HMH.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think the main reason for not doing it is the length of time that the mansion would have to be down for the decorating and the un-decorating.

Operations doesn't want to upset that many guests who would completely miss out on the Haunted Mansion.

gboiler1

A couple posters have it right. I doubt we'll see HMH at WDW. The reason is simply this, Annual Passholders are much greater in number at DL than at WDW. Many who go to WDW are the "once in a lifetime" trip, therefore DL has overlays at HM and iasw, to "spice" things up for the passholders.

So, if you want to see the holiday overlays, you'll need to "go west young man".

DisneyChik17

The only issue I have with HMH is that some people only go once. Ever. And if they go around the holidays, that is the only versoin they will EVER see. I would hate for that to never get to see the real thing. Ya know?

kcnole

as someone already pointed out the main problem with the holiday theme is that the mansion has to be down for several months for redecorating. I wouldn't want the mansion without the holiday scene to only be open for 6 months a year.

Damien666

I would love to have HMH at WDW, too bad it probably will never happen. I've been on DL's HMH and loved it. I thought it was a unique change and one of the more clever things they have come up with. I love the streaching room in blacklight and the giant Jack face. TDL did their HM into HMH as well.

I've also noticed this, whenever HMH is in town, it is the most popular attraction in DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom