Haunted Mansion

KingdomHearts

I've heard a varied story about the ring, even though i know it's a pole, it still adds more to the ride. I heard that on there wedding day Master Gracy and the Wedding Dress woman were playing jokes on eachother. She went upstairs, to hide and care him when he came looking, and decided the trunk was a good place. After a few minutes, she realized she was locked in, and eventually sufficated in the trunk. When they found her, Master Gracy killed himself in the Portrait room. The hearse belonged to the women in the wedding dress. During the procession, the horse went crazy, running into a nearby swamp, and knocking the ring out of the coffin, in which it inprinted into the ground with it's hoof. I heard this from a cast member I was having a decision about the HM after I repeated the entire opening speech to him :D I've been on that ride WAY to many times :D

Fantasmic

Next time you ride the Haunted Mansion, look out for the melting gargoyle. This is a gargoyle in the queue area, after the strech rooms, that so many people have put their hands on (it's right on the corner of the turn around of the queue) over the years, it looks like it's melting away, as it's completly smooth !:D

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fantasmic
Next time you ride the Haunted Mansion, look out for the melting gargoyle. This is a gargoyle in the queue area, after the strech rooms, that so many people have put their hands on (it's right on the corner of the turn around of the queue) over the years, it looks like it's melting away, as it's completly smooth !:D

The melting gargoyle is no more. It was replaced with a new one not too long ago.

Fantasmic

No way :( That was one of the coolest things in the HM

A well, another 30 year and that one will be melted !

RIP little melted gargoyle dude

JMishy

I visited the Haunted Mansion in both Paris and in Florida. The one in Paris was WAY more scary than the one if Florida and seemed to center more around the doomed couple. Does anyone know if this is true or was it just my imagination?

darthdarrel

Originally posted by JMishy
I visited the Haunted Mansion in both Paris and in Florida. The one in Paris was WAY more scary than the one if Florida and seemed to center more around the doomed couple. Does anyone know if this is true or was it just my imagination?
I haven`t been to the Phantom Manor, but yes, you are correct, the Phantom Manor has a definate storyline of love lost. and the AA`s Are much more advanced.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
JMishy - the DLP HM (PM) is indeed way more story oriented. They wanted to correct all the other mansions half stories and storyline hints (there are LOADS of them). And yes, the AAs and effects are far more realistic (shows what 12/21/26 years of progress can do! IMHO, even the music is better. Not to knock the other mansions though... thats just what happens with hindsight and experience.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by tenchu
Is it in this photo? Sorry, I'm a little rusty with my adventureland identification.

1400Roll04_004-med.jpg

In the referenced pic:

Top Center, Brown Roof = PotC
Top, Right of Center, White with big open door = parade storage
Top, Right of Center, Brown building behind Splash = Splash
Right, ZigZag Sided White Building = HM
Right, Tall White Building = Small World
Bottom, Large Flat Building = 20k
Center = Fantasyland Dark Rides

Hope that helps....

Amsi

Magickdndm said:
This is my first post so I figured it should be about my favorite ride, though I really don't have to much to say, but I did finally see the "wedding ring" in the cement. :p
I saw it too. We were looking around outside and this CM approached us and was being all creepy because, y'know, it was the Haunted Mansion. He scared the crap outta me. Anyways, he wanted to know if we were looking for something and we told him we'd heard a rumor about a ring, so he showed us and gave us the story. Coolest CM I've ever met. I thought it was really nice of him to give us the whole story, etc.

My mom thought it wasn't really a ring, I always thought it was. Is it really the remains of a pole? Oh well. Still a fun rumor.

raven

Amsi said:
My mom thought it wasn't really a ring, I always thought it was. Is it really the remains of a pole? Oh well. Still a fun rumor.

Yes, it's a pole. The ring would only fit a baby's finger if it were real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom