Haunted Mansion

misskat

hi there, new person here.

I love the haunted mansion, one of my favourite rides. the first time i went on it was at Disneyland Paris, but i was really young, and it was in French...i was scared and confused!Anyway WDW has the benefit of me being able to understand the story and such, it's just such a great ride!

But my point was....wow, that is a very large building, my dreams of it being actually a mansion are shattered ;-)

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Magickdndm
It's found outside the ride, supposedly it was the ring the bride in the attic threw.
Other sources say it's just an old indent in the concrete where a pole once was, but after seeing it, it really does look like a ring. I can post a pic of it later if you'd like.

Hey, that would be cool, could you do that?

Magickdndm

Here it is....not too far out of the exit.
fbf654d5.jpg

DiSnEyKiD_4LiFe

I also heard that inside the Haunted Mansion there used to be a Cast member dressed up as a Witch, that used to jump out of one of the doors, close to the clock that shows a shadow of two hands back in the day.:eek:

HMGhost13

ok to go through a few of this :lol:

the wedding ring: what remains of a pole outside of the exit. the fact that it looks like a ring led to the rumors and the stories of how it got there. just "haunted mansion urban legend."

as far as a witch popping out: i have heard/read of the knight doing something like that.

the knight used to have someone in it back in the day and they would move and frighten the people, but cast members couldn't stand the armor/suit/whatever so it was discontinued. of course i am speaking of the original ride, maybe a few months before anything solid was put up in WDW.

jaimjaim25

well I had an experience where a CM scared the crap out of me! It was about 3 weeks ago on an E-night and we were just in line and where the basniter is right before you get onthe ride, a CM threw his hands down on the banister and screamed at me! OH god! And if that wasnt bad enough, when we sat down on the ride, I picked the inside thinking they can't peek around and scare me (like someone did 2 years ago) but, OH YES, he came up around on the OPOSITE side and just said 'BOO'

JLW11Hi

There used to be a vampire, too, I think. I can see why the CMs would have hated it. The rate at which the Doom Buggies were going by must have made it very repetitive..especially when you dont have a chance to rest inbetween scares. I bet they loved it when the ride made temporary stops!

HMGhost13

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
There used to be a vampire, too, I think. I can see why the CMs would have hated it. The rate at which the Doom Buggies were going by must have made it very repetitive..especially when you dont have a chance to rest inbetween scares. I bet they loved it when the ride made temporary stops!

you guys may be referring to something that happened for the 30th anniversary in which they had a few characters placed throughout the ride in which they spooked the passengers.

marchofthecards

Even more chilling...

:p

Next time you ride the WDW HM, as you exit, look carefully on the path, and look for a wedding ring, embeded into the path.

There is a story that this ties into, in that the bride, fed up of waiting, threw the wedding ring out of a window (Attic Window - I believe). This window is open, and you can clearly see the ring that fell to the ground. Not sure if this will come into the new movie, or what else will make an appearance. Akin to what they took out of Pirates for POTC:COTBP

2 hidden Mickey's and a Donald in the HM. One on the sleeve of a ghost, one in the form of 3 plates on the banquet table, and a donald in stitching on a chair.

The voice to Madame Leotta, is of course that of Elenour Audley, voice to Maleficent and Lady Tremaine!

Simes

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Woody13
Also, the Haunted Mansion show building is adjacent to It's A Small World show building. Both attractions share the same control center. That's why the dolls in IASW look so "creepy"!

HEY!!

:mad:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
well I had an experience where a CM scared the crap out of me! It was about 3 weeks ago on an E-night and we were just in line and where the basniter is right before you get onthe ride, a CM threw his hands down on the banister and screamed at me! OH god! And if that wasnt bad enough, when we sat down on the ride, I picked the inside thinking they can't peek around and scare me (like someone did 2 years ago) but, OH YES, he came up around on the OPOSITE side and just said 'BOO'
LOL! Thank god This has never happened to me, cause My reflexes get me into trouble, that`s why I don`t go into Regular Haunted Houses anymore! :lol:
Last person that came up behind me and scared me got punched out! :eek: :eek:

isnet396

Originally posted by HMGhost13
the knight used to have someone in it back in the day and they would move and frighten the people, but cast members couldn't stand the armor/suit/whatever so it was discontinued. of course i am speaking of the original ride, maybe a few months before anything solid was put up in WDW.

The Kinght actually used to get smacked in the head with purses, and bags and the like, and spat on and such. It was SOP (Standard Operating Procedure...something that Disney no longer abides by) to e-stop the ride if anything of this nature occured (the guy was given a handpack, a remote control that had a button which would stop the ride)....There were so many e-stops within a day that they figured that it would be more enjoyable for the CM's and the Guests if they just ditched that position altogether.

BSikor

Back in the day the Cast Christmas party, they used to close the Magic Kingdom for Cast and thier families. It was always a great time. Everyone could let their hair down, and it was always slightly off SOP. Haunted Mansion was always the highlight of the night. Die hard cast members screaming the opening stretch room dialogue at the top of thier lungs. Cast members hiding inside the ride and jumping out to frigten people. This was the only time I ever say CM's in the ride jumping out at guests.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by darthdarrel
They have also had special events where cm`s dressed up positioned themselves among the animatrinics to scare people here is one.

Attachments

• anim_30th_vampirelive.gif
    anim_30th_vampirelive.gif
    219.2 KB · Views: 324

StuntDoomBuggy

dont forget the caretaker that would creep you in the graveyard.. wasnt all these done during a thing called "the art of the haunted mansion" or somthing?

diznutz

I've heard so many different things about the haunted mansion!

One of them was that the part of the ride where the doombuggies turn backwards and go down the hill is that the hill is approximately six feet down representing all the 999 happy haunts residing six feet under.

Another was that the ride has infared detectors preventing any riders from climbing out onto the ridew and roaming around. Interesting but I'm not sure if it's ture or not.

It's also rumored that the music changes from room to room throughout the attraction but it's actually the same song, "Grim Grinning Ghosts." It just happens to be a "mix" of the song throughout the ride and it was orchestrated so that the guests wouldn't be able to tell a significant difference when the changed from room to rrom, but wouldn't get a headache(a la It's a Small World). They also put sound effects in between rooms so that the "mixes" aren't confused.

Also the story about the ring and the wife has a lot to do with the attraction. At first it is legend that the Imagineers were planning to totally theme the ride around the story....I don't know why exactly they didn't...but anyways.....The owner of the estate(haunted mansion) was Master Gracey who resided there with is wife. The legend was that the Master didn't pay as much attention to his wife as she would have liked and she decided it was time for him to go (the hanging corpse in the "growing room"). Then when she realized what she had done she put on her wedding dress(you can see her in the attic and if you look closely she has no wedding ring on) and she decided to jump off the roof of the mansion. Her wedding ring is supposed to be imbedded in the ground(right outside and after the ride). The "ring" is actually a pole that was removed from the Disney property but a fun story nonetheless.

Well that's all I can remember for now...but I'm not sure how accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom