News Haunted Mansion To Remain Closed For Unknown Reasons

Pepper's Ghost

And maybe bring back the beating heart bride. I’ve said this numerous times, but I too despise Constance Hatchaway.

Edit: hopefully it’s back up by Friday, I leave Saturday morning and have only gotten to ride my favorite ride once so far.

Hey Phineas... I thought I was the only one. I despise Constance Hatchaway and her manly face. I hate when they unnecessarily change things that were perfect the way they were. God forbid they change the ballroom to have projected ghosts instead of the classy and timeless Pepper's Ghost effect which obviously I'm very fond of. :)

SSE_King

Oh god... this just triggered a thought. If they introduced an Eddie Murphy animatronic (i.e. Jack Sparrow on PotC) as an IP tie-in, I'd lose my s#*t. NOT a good idea!
When Jack Sparrow was added to POTC, the movies were a massively successful franchise at the peak of their popularity. The HM movie is a 17-year-old standalone film that was highly disliked by almost everyone. I'd be completely floored if any movie tie-ins were made to the HM ride now.

Pepper's Ghost

I dont think disney wants to remind people that movie exists. I wouldnt worry.

I wouldn't be, but they've made inexplicable changes in the past on the same ride. They changed the Leota room to have they floating spirit ball which very much is an IP tie-in to that horrid movie. I hated that change simply because it reminds me of the movie.

I'd hate to say it, but I also hate the walk through graveyard in the queue with the monuments, and never could stand the Constance Hatchaway change in the attic.

Pepper's Ghost

When Jack Sparrow was added to POTC, the movies were a massively successful franchise at the peak of their popularity. The HM movie is a 17-year-old standalone film that was highly disliked by almost everyone. I'd be completely floored if any movie tie-ins were made to the HM ride now.

I like the PotC movies (the first three anyway) and don't mind that tie-in. That was just my example though. I'm good with Jack. Again though, the floating Leota orb is an IP tie-in. There was no other explanation I'm aware of for that.

Edit: btw, I know it's not all about me, but JMO. :)

SSE_King

I like the PotC movies (the first three anyway) and don't mind that tie-in. That was just my example though. I'm good with Jack. Again though, the floating Leota orb is an IP tie-in. There was no other explanation I'm aware of for that.
When the HM movie was about to come out, I remember reading rumors that if the movie was successful they would've replaced Leota completely with Jennifer Tilly's version of Leota in the movie. So, let's just be glad that a floating Leota is the only change they ended up making. Though I'm not sure that's even supposed to be a tie-in to the movie.

mccgavin

There was no other explanation I'm aware of for that.
Maybe just the fact that it's a cool effect and an easy way for them to "plus" the attraction. I don't really think the movie was necessarily inspiration, I mean Leota's ball was pretty much the only object that wasn't floating in the room. Even if the movie did it first it's still a sensible thing to do.

ppete1975

I love the rock and im excited about jungle cruise. But im more fearful for that than i am hm. They need to leave the classics alone (debatable political correctness withstanding). Build new ip rides if you want

Pepper's Ghost

I am guessing someone dumped their family/friend ashes again ;)

I'd love to have my ashes dumped on HM, but I don't plan to be cremated. Suppose my loved ones will need to drag my corpse on to the ride like Bernie, and dump me in the attic or something. Talk about Disney taking realism to a new level!

StageNameEisman

Hopefully it is not to serious. When I was a CM in 2015 our team did an early morning tour of HM and I was surprised to find that you are about 8 feet in the air when in the ride vehicle and the floor is made of wood. I do not remember exactly what the guide said, so I maybe getting this a little wrong but the ride only runs with 3 motors that are the same that power the Matterhorn. They only have 1 backup and if that breaks they would need to completely re track the ride as the difference in today's metals vs 1950/60s would not work and would become magnetized. Again, do not remember completely, but that stood out to me!

MM311

Rode it Monday, other than a few short stops nothing seemed out of the ordinary...
Wonder if there is any chance it’s open Friday for the last day of our trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom