Haunted Mansion to Nightmare Before Christmas

phluid13

Original Poster
About Nightmare Makeover

Just to clear things up. In Anaheim Disneyland, the rehab has already gone into effect for the makeover. Since the makeover has everything to do with Halloween and Christmas, it is open for both Holidays. So it opens beginning of October and ends end of December. A whole three months of TNBC. There were a lot of good reviews on last year. My 26 year old brother went with his fiance last year and he has never seen TNBC movie and he said the makeover was VERY good and very well done. Keep in mind this doesn't really change theHaunted Mansion Ride. The spiel is different, but its like Jack Skellington and the gang wanted to come in and decorate the HM for the holidays. (i.e. putting a big bow around the nailed shut coffin with a note that reads "Do Not Open Til Xmas") Just dont knock an idea until you've seen it. Give it one chance before you say its a bad idea.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Hmmmm.... Here's one for thought.. why not transform the Skyway building next to Small World into Nightmare... it's OBVIOUSLY EMPTY :) Then, we'd have both. Hmm... imagine that.. Disney actually adding something to MK without taking out a classic.. hmmmmm.... :lol:

BUT it's such a beautiful character greeting now!!!

Can you actually *see* the sarcasm as I type it? The point was made that it's too small, but there has to be SOMETHING that could go there.

JasonCajun

When does the Haunted Mansion open up again at WDW? I have heard its still the 20th but I have now seen it alluded to that its going to be a couple more weeks. I really hope thats not true because thats one of the classic rides that I really want to see again.

bearboysnc

Re: About Nightmare Makeover

Originally posted by phluid13
Just dont knock an idea until you've seen it. Give it one chance before you say its a bad idea.
NBC mansion makeover is wonderful. Not only do they redress the attraction, they've created a whole soundtrack using Danny Elfman's score from the movie. Along with the NBC redress, the Mansion got a complete overhaul, giving a much needed sound and lighting upgrade.

I wish they only did a redress of the tiki room, rather than messing it up with the "new management"

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Tigggrl
The Mansion is closed currently at Disneyland for the Haunted Mansion Holiday changeover....its scheduled opening date is 10/3...it has been down since 9/9....so about a month to install, and open for Halloween AND Christmas:)

Thank you, Tigggrl! :) I thought I remembered (from this same discussion last year) that the transformation at DL took about a month, and was done for both Halloween and Christmas, then changed back in January...but I wasn't sure, so didn't mention it. ;)

Maybe next year. And since it's only temporary (like that Pepto Bismal Pink Castle Cake) I'm looking forward to it...knowing that if I don't like it, it will be gone soon enough; if I do like it, I can hope it will return again. ;)

raven

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
Disney shoud just keep the Haunted Mansion and create a Nightmare attraction. This way we have the best of both worlds

That get's my vote! :wave:

phluid13

Original Poster
Re: Re: About Nightmare Makeover

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Not only do they redress the attraction, they've created a whole soundtrack using Danny Elfman's score from the movie.

Actually, they did not use any score from the movie. They didn't even ask Danny Elfman to make a score for the attraction makeover. Which was very wierd. They remade holiday classic songs like jingle bells with a dark dissonance to them. Just a side note..

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
Re: Get your peanuts and popcorn over here rube!

Originally posted by Talsonic

Yes, I too thought it was just a carnival ride and I am glad to see it gone.

This is precisely what Dinoland USA is becoming. And it es me off...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom