Haunted Mansion to Nightmare Before Christmas

phluid13

Original Poster
I heard this year that at WDW, The Haunted Mansion was to be transformed by Jack Skellington to The Nightmare Before Christmas. This was about a couple months ago. I know that the Anaheim, CA already has this, but I heard that this year WDW and Anaheim were going to be in a sort of competition over who had the better Nightmare Before Christmas Makeover. Any news on this? Please reply. I am going for the first time to WDW in December and hoped for this attraction.

The Mom

Premium Member
The HM is currently undergoing rehab. I would think that if they were going to transform it, they would do it during the rehab? Wouldn't they have started the rehab a little later, and unveil everything at once? Halloween is only 6 weeks away, and the rehab still has about 2 weeks left(it was originally supposed to open this Saturday, but apparently some other work has been added.) Would they really open it, then close it right down again? Any of you "insiders" heard anything? ;)

Big Pooh

quote by The Mom

The HM is currently undergoing rehab. I would think that if they were going to transform it, they would do it during the rehab? Wouldn't they have started the rehab a little later, and unveil everything at once? Halloween is only 6 weeks away, and the rehab still has about 2 weeks left(it was originally supposed to open this Saturday, but apparently some other work has been added.) Would they really open it, then close it right down again? Any of you "insiders" heard anything?

Hi Mom :wave: :) Isn't the Nightmare Before Christmas transformation for Christmas time, not Halloween? If it is, they could open back up now and then reclose it in early Nov to change over for Christmas, and then in early Jan. it would have to be changed back. Does anyone know how long it takes to transform the HM to Nightmare?

Cheers :wave:

all_good_chic

i herd that it wasn't happening this year... sicne it is already happening at Disneyland and plus why wouldn't they have advertised it already?:)

JLW11Hi

I think they are going to do it next year, not this year.

BTW, this is only a temporary makeover for theholidays, it is not perminant. I cant wait to see the DL version when I go this year!

MKingdom25

Originally posted by all_good_chic
i herd that it wasn't happening this year... sicne it is already happening at Disneyland and plus why wouldn't they have advertised it already?:)

Good point I think about the advertisement. Disney is on getting the word out about new things at the park - once they are official of course. I would think for something happening in 3 months that would be telling people about it. :)

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
I wouldn't like to see this done to the HM. It's one of my favorite attractions, and this change would just make it seem...weird.

Hmmmm.... Here's one for thought.. why not transform the Skyway building next to Small World into Nightmare... it's OBVIOUSLY EMPTY :) Then, we'd have both. Hmm... imagine that.. Disney actually adding something to MK without taking out a classic.. hmmmmm.... :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Hmmmm.... Here's one for thought.. why not transform the Skyway building next to Small World into Nightmare...

here's another one for thought... factor in the size of a full fledged attraction versus the size of the skyway station... not gonna happen.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by RoqueC17
I'd like to see the skyway back up. It's just a waste of space now.

am I the only one that did not like this attraction?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by mktiggerman

I thought it was an OK ride. Great for bypassing the Fantasyland crowds but nothing more. I don't miss it at all.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Get your peanuts and popcorn over here rube!

Originally posted by mktiggerman

Yes, I too thought it was just a carnival ride and I am glad to see it gone.

cymbaldiva

Re: Get your peanuts and popcorn over here rube!

Originally posted by Talsonic

Yeah, so anyway...there are rides a bit more carnival like at WDW than the Skyway! :animwink:

I liked the Skyway....so why was it removed? Really- I don't know!

Tigggrl

The Mansion is closed currently at Disneyland for the Haunted Mansion Holiday changeover....its scheduled opening date is 10/3...it has been down since 9/9....so about a month to install, and open for Halloween AND Christmas:)

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Get your peanuts and popcorn over here rube!

Originally posted by Talsonic

Oh, I didn't think it was a carnival ride... I just didn't like it

Mr. Toad

While I did like the view from the skyride when I could bring myself to actually look, my fear of heights made me less than fond of the ride itself. I don't really miss the ride at all. (Everyone else in my family loved it, though).

WDWspider

Skyride is no big loss. Nice if it's there, No biggie if it's not. Now 20,000 Leagues is a different matter that is propably best left alone on this thread.

A Skyride is a very ununique experience in about every way, Busch Gardens Williamsburg has a much more practical and scenic use of a skyride (those who have been know what I mean). Disney's didn't do much of anything, so I understand taking it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom