Haunted Mansion Secrets

DisneyFans4Life

Of all the things listed in that article, the one thing that bothers me is that people spit in the ballroom scene. I've been on HM close to 100 times in my life and have never thought "Oh, what a great place to spit!"
From what I've been told by other CMs, it's mostly foreigners that spit because of what ghosts mean in their culture...

ItsOn

Sorry, calling BS on parts/much of that. Esp the Master Gracey Story saying he hung himself etc, that's the Ghost Host that hangs himself in the stretching room in the beginning.

Care to elaborate on the TRUE story?

"Despite common fan beliefs and adaptations, the Ghost Host is not Master Gracey, but instead is the "hanged man" depicted in a portrait in the Corridor of Doors."

Also so more info on HM

http://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.fr/2010/10/father-of-haunted-mansion-part-three.html

Last edited:

mouse_luv

"Despite common fan beliefs and adaptations, the Ghost Host is not Master Gracey, but instead is the "hanged man" depicted in a portrait in the Corridor of Doors."

Also so more info on HM

http://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.fr/2010/10/father-of-haunted-mansion-part-three.html

Well thanks for backing up my story with your quote. And, no I'm not going to sit here and type out an entire backstory to an attraction.
There's a thing called google. Go find it for yourself.

ItsOn

Not sure why the attitude? There is so much misinformation on google that it is hard to tell the difference between what is folklore and what is truth.

mouse_luv

Not sure why the attitude? There is so much misinformation on google that it is hard to tell the difference between what is folklore and what is truth.
When you are a new poster on here, and come on and post a crap link, then approach the poster that was willing to give you the correct information the way you did, you aren't going to get much. There is no attitude on my part, but start reading books on disney, etc and pay attention when you ride the attraction several times, you'll figure it out.

mouse_luv

What is 'the way you did?"
:rolleyes::banghead:

hxxbbg0tck8gx6bk9pyv.jpg

jmillig

Like most others here I ADORE the Haunted Mansion! I am making my way through this thread and have not yet finished, but I noticed that a lot of people were skeptical of someone being able to take flash photography on the ride. I was fortunate enough to take a backstage tour of Haunted Mansion twice during my Disney College Program and after taking us through and telling the stories, we were allowed to ride the ride twice and take as many pictures with flash on as we liked.

Because of the limitations of cell phone cameras a lot of my pictures turned out very blurry anyway, but they are still a great reminder of what we got to do!

My favorite moment from the tour was when they led us into the ballroom and I got to waltz in the ballroom after getting to "play" on the organ. I say "play" because it is made of wood haha but the amazing thing is that on the different levers the different ImaginEARS carved their initials into it. Also, the stereoscope on the table actually works and we got to look through it. While no one riding the ride for the few days after we toured would ever know, I actually got to pick the photo that was put into the stereoscope for a few days! Total happy moment.

I am off to read the rest of the thread and I'll be back to add whatever cool Haunted Mansion facts I learned on the tour that haven't been posted yet. :)

Scrungo

As a promotion for the home release of the 2003 film The Haunted Mansion, Eddie Murphy hid a signed DVD copy of the film within the ride itself for one lucky guest to find. If a guest were to find the DVD, they would be allowed to keep it.

To this day, no one has found the DVD. Even Eddie Murphy can't remember where he hid it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As a promotion for the home release of the 2003 film The Haunted Mansion, Eddie Murphy hid a signed DVD copy of the film within the ride itself for one lucky guest to find. If a guest were to find the DVD, they would be allowed to keep it.

To this day, no one has found the DVD. Even Eddie Murphy can't remember where he hid it.
If nobody knows where he hid it, how do we know that it is still there and not pilfered by some guest a long time ago.

Castle Cake Apologist

Also so more info on HM

There is no story to The Haunted Mansion. Any "story" is purely made up by fans and Cast Members. The closest thing it has to a story is that it's a retirement home for ghosts.

People don't seem to realize this, but stories did not become a required part of Disney attractions until sometime in the 80s.

http://chimpiewestside.tumblr.com/post/21509134283/the-post-a-bunch-of-you-have-been-waiting-for

Saw this cool blog article on the Haunted Mansion today. Lots of stuff I didn't know before. Super cool! Includes pictures of the ring too.
Don't know if you're into this type of thing, but there's also some chilling ghost stories online about HM as well as other Disney rides like Tower of Terror and It's a Small World. Just google 'Disney World ghost stories' and you should be able to read up on several! They certainly gave me the chills even though I'm almost 100% sure they are fake!

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
Raven , thank you for that info, too bad for us on no tour. I just go to Martins videos and watch his long version of his "walk thru"...music, no naration..which my wife and I love! We watched it many times before our last trip and when we rode...many times...we picked out many things we had missed before!
Where can I find this video?

clarabellej

I've couldn't find anything about a walking tour of the mansion. How do you get to do this?
We toured underneath the Haunted Mansion as part of the Marceline to Magic Kingdom your.
My daughter was 14 at the time and because she was too young to do Keys to the Kingdom, this tour was recommended. We saw how the ghost dining room party scene is created. Frankly, I did not understand it! It was strange being in the park so early. We started on Main Street and ended at Carousel of Progress.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We toured underneath the Haunted Mansion as part of the Marceline to Magic Kingdom your.
My daughter was 14 at the time and because she was too young to do Keys to the Kingdom, this tour was recommended. We saw how the ghost dining room party scene is created. Frankly, I did not understand it! It was strange being in the park so early. We started on Main Street and ended at Carousel of Progress.
Imagine standing in a well lit room looking outside to your patio at night through a plate glass door. You will see your reflection quite well due to the room being brighter than outdoors, but you can see your patio furniture just fine as well.

Now, shift the angle a bit, and you have the Haunted Mansion's effect.with your reflection being replaced with the Ballroom Dancers and the patio furniture being replaced with the Ballroom table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom