Haunted Mansion / Scary?

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but I think the Haunted Mansion is so silly, and not scary. Does anyone else feel that the Haunted Mansion is not scary at all?

hammysammy59

Even though it's fun and wacky, there are definitely parts that are solidly eerie, and even when it gets fun and wacky, it's still pretty ghoulish, especially with stuff jumping out at you. It's the perfect mix of comedy and (very) mild frights.

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
I didn't know if I was crazy or not, but there are lots of people who post comments and think that they are genuinely scared of that ride! I didn't know if I was the only one who thought it was kind of funny! Guess I'm not alone!

Thanks! :animwink:

Connor002

The Haunted Mansion was never meant to be "scary."
When the project began, a decision had to be made, and in light of the family atmosphere, WED chose a light-hearted adventure.

TP2000

EvilQueen11 said:
Took our son when he was 5... he's going to need years of therapy to work through the nightmares.

I wouldn't go on the Haunted Mansion until I was about 12. I was too scared of it.

Just wondering, why would you take your 5 year old on a haunted house ride at a theme park? What were you expecting exactly? Did you think a haunted house wouldn't be spooky, dark and scary?

doop

I find the Haunted Mansion to be spooky, but in a fun way. And as said before I think that was the way it was supposed to be.

HoW

When I was a child my sister loved HM and made is go on it every time, I think she only loved it because she knew it scared me to death and I had to close my eyes the entire way through. Now though, I can't get enough of it, it's funny and scary in that, "BOO! Ha ha, I got you," way.

trr313

I have rode the HM tons of times but for some reason this past May I was kind of spooked on it. I think it is meant to be cheesy and scary at the same time.

jonesenon4

:hammer:
EvilQueen11 said:
Took our son when he was 5... he's going to need years of therapy to work through the nightmares.
:hammer: evilqueen i just finished your thread on cbj if your son is so traumitized by hm and cbj maybe you should consider not returning to wdw and sign off this site and never return since you have nothing positive to say about any of the attractions:hammer:

isitingood

EvilQueen11 said:

Nightmares! If this is true then you have nobody to blame but yourself:hammer: I would never take a five year old in the Haunted Mansion

justducky78

I wouldn't go on it as a kid, but I love it now! Like a lot of people have said, it was designed to be more 'silly' than 'scary' but it does have its eerie parts. For me, it's the lady's voice at the end ("Come back, come back" or whatever she says) -- creeps me out every time. :lol:

I absolutely HATE haunted houses (gore, blood, people jumping out at you) - I refuse to go to them. But, that's why I love the Haunted Mansion even more...it's spooky in a fun sort of way. But, I can see why kids would be slightly afraid at first (like I was) because you don't know what to expect and they do such a good job with the spooky exterior.

Nansafan

justducky78 said:
I wouldn't go on it as a kid, but I love it now! Like a lot of people have said, it was designed to be more 'silly' than 'scary' but it does have its eerie parts. For me, it's the lady's voice at the end ("Come back, come back" or whatever she says) -- creeps me out every time. :lol:
QUOTE]

My brother (42) doesn't like the creepy lady at the end either.

jhtil

All kids are different, my 4 year old loves the haunted mansion, it's her favorite ride right now. The scariest attraction for her is the PhilharMagic. She won't see it again, it' just too loud for her, but she does love the dancing ghosts.

EvilQueen11

Yes, all kids are different (for those of you who don't have any)... I thought the little guy could handle it. I was on it as a kid and loved it... still do.

The therapy crack was a joke. We got off the ride, came outside and he looked at us and said "can I cry now?". We felt responsible, yes, not placing the blame anywhere else. Told him it was silly-scary and he's fine with it. Took him 2 more years to brave it again, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom