Haunted Mansion Restaurant Concept Art

JustInTime

Original Poster
Please delete if this has already been posted but I found this on Facebook and wanted to share. This is apparent leaked concept art that could have replaced Columbia Harbor House as a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant. Thoughts?
IMG_5648.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

JustInTime

Original Poster
This doesn't look like it would have made any sense in Liberty Square.
The area is supposed to be themed to a New England pier. I do think it’s a bit too pirate but with some tweaks it would have been okay. I also think guests would have wanted characters from the ride.

WorldExplorer

The area is supposed to be themed to a New England pier. I do think it’s a bit too pirate but with some tweaks it would have been okay. I also think guests would have wanted characters from the ride.

I think it's mainly the giant, destroyed sail that's getting to me. Also, half a boat jutting out of the building just seems weird when the surrounding ones are normal.

yensidtlaw1969

"Leaked" is a strong word - the artwork was posted by the artist on their website, it was done in the 90's as a proposal for a Harbor House retheme. I guess they felt it's been dead long enough that Disney wouldn't jump down their throat about sharing it.

Their website is worth a look - some great drawings, including what I believe is previously unreleased art for the legendary Muppet Movie Ride and Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor:

JustInTime

Original Poster
"Leaked" is a strong word - the artwork was posted by the artist on their website, it was done in the 90's as a proposal for a Harbor House retheme. I guess they felt it's been dead long enough that Disney wouldn't jump down their throat about sharing it.

Their website is worth a look - some great drawings, including what I believe is previously unreleased art for the legendary Muppet Movie Ride and Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor:

That still is a leak, imo. So this is different than the concept they were working on several years ago? There is was definitely a Mansion restaurant on the table in the last 5 years or so.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

That still is a leak, imo. So this is different than the concept they were working on several years ago? There is was definitely a Mansion restaurant on the table in the last 5 years or so.
As far as I know this was a completely separate project. The redo in this concept art never really went any further than these drawings, but I understand the more recent Haunted Mansion Restaurant concept was indeed more serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom