Haunted Mansion Refurb to be dissapointing

Sir_Cliff

Well, again, I'm just back from 4 days at DLR and it didnt blow me away.

I actually took a guest survey, of which one of the first questions was "Is your current visit better or worse then your last?"

I answered "worse" as things had noticeable gotten more lackluster in the past year. Again, rust - not just chipped paint - but actual rust can be found on many things in the park.

Ok, fair enough. Maybe that was just my experience, but after about 5 or 6 years of just WDW I was amazed when I finally made it back to DL and this was even during the Pressler years! I've since been back a few times and each time have been impressed and how fresh all the rides seem to be compared to MK. Even things like the detailed walkways in Frontierland with wagon tracks, or cobblestones in Fantasyland, etc. really stood out compared to the flat painted concrete walkways that have largely remained at MK.

Still, to be fair to WDW, management seems to be doing a great job over at Epcot at updating everything as there always seems to be something new popping up here or there. DCA, while it probably has the potential to rise above DMGM with some workis not up to the standard of any of the WDW yet (all IMO, of course!).

Hammer1310

Ummm....cheesy pop up ghouls in the attic with a bride with a red light in her chest or state of the art changing portraits in a creepy attic filled with props and a really cool morphing bride...

enhancements are essential for the life blood of any attraction

Tell that to Figment.

I didnt have a camera with me unfortunately. But, I went to MK on Sunday and rode HM and it appears that they are slowly replacing the Doom Buggies with new ones. While waiting to board at the exit (wheelchair) there was a block of 30 or so cars that had the white tape stripes on them marking them not to be used with an arrow marking the 1st and last car in the group. After getting in car#1 it definately had a new speaker set up in the car behind your head than the way it use to be, and the door and lap bar in the front was a little different shaped. Not to mention they had a different texture feel to the lap bar and they didnt go slamming down into your lap at the load section.

RSoxNo1

I didnt have a camera with me unfortunately. But, I went to MK on Sunday and rode HM and it appears that they are slowly replacing the Doom Buggies with new ones. While waiting to board at the exit (wheelchair) there was a block of 30 or so cars that had the white tape stripes on them marking them not to be used with an arrow marking the 1st and last car in the group. After getting in car#1 it definately had a new speaker set up in the car behind your head than the way it use to be, and the door and lap bar in the front was a little different shaped. Not to mention they had a different texture feel to the lap bar and they didnt go slamming down into your lap at the load section.

I had read on these forums that they were doing just that. Hopefully it means that the cars will be replaced by the time it goes down for rehab so that the rehab can be other show elements.

hokielutz

Originally Posted by SeanC
Ummm....cheesy pop up ghouls in the attic with a bride with a red light in her chest or state of the art changing portraits in a creepy attic filled with props and a really cool morphing bride...

enhancements are essential for the life blood of any attraction

Tell that to Figment.

Poor figment went from awesome.... to dumbed down...

hokielutz

I had read on these forums that they were doing just that. Hopefully it means that the cars will be replaced by the time it goes down for rehab so that the rehab can be other show elements.

If this is true that they are replacing the doombuggies slowly each night... then like you said... there will be more time and effort saved for other adjustments and effects changes. :sohappy:

If you go on the HM... keep checking in here and let us know about the DB replacements. I'll be on it in 45 days.... less than a month before its closure. So I'll let you know what I see then.

I'm surprised that there aren't more official announcements & details about what will be done during HM's 3 month closure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unless these are test cars to see how they fair in the real world before the rehab begins?

rangerbob

When I was there on Saturday it was up to 45 minutes. They had an extended que outside the main entrance and leading onto the main walkway.

DisneyDellsDude

I am still wishing for the best.:)

They could actually market off of the refurb like they did with pirates when they added Jack.

It's going down for three months, so why not just add some new enhancements?!

They could make you want to see it instead of just saying "look, we fixed the audio that shoud have been fixed years ago!" (even though the audio is VERY important! :) )

DisneyMusician2

Aw, this is getting a bit tired. Let's see what is going to happen, and let some details come out about what will be done. I haven't read a single official post about what the rehabs will be. The only thing I can say with certainty for now is It's ABOUT TIME.

PurpleDragon

I agree, I think we should quit speculating and wait and see what happens. Its pointless to complain and whine now when we don't even know what WDI has planned for HM.

RSoxNo1

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another Haunted Mansion where Lee posted that we shouldn't be as worried as we appear within this thread. Although it's not exactly specific, his sources have seemed to be more reputable than Screamscape's in the past.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another Haunted Mansion where Lee posted that we shouldn't be as worried as we appear within this thread.

Yeah...I think it was in this thread.
I don't have a source working on the project, but one that was familiar with the plans as they stood a few months ago. He/she hadn't heard of any drastic changes that would cause a fuss. Could have changed since...but I hven't heard anything concrete.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom