Haunted Mansion refurb/Missing canopy

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I was on another site minutes ago and noticed in some recent rehab photos that the canopy that covered the queue in front of the mansion was gone. While the canopy provided needed shade for the long summer lines, the Mansion looks better than ever. Hopefully the structure is gone for good. Take a look over at Screamscape before someone decides to put the thing back up.

raven

I was on another site minutes ago and noticed in some recent rehab photos that the canopy that covered the queue in front of the mansion was gone. While the canopy provided needed shade for the long summer lines, the Mansion looks better than ever. Hopefully the structure is gone for good. Take a look over at Screamscape before someone decides to put the thing back up.

Old news. A picture was posted of that a couple of weeks ago. The canvas for the canopy was on the ground and objects were on top of it. I'm not sure if they are going to use the canopy again or rather build a more permanant cover for that area. I know there were talks of reworking the queue line though.

TestTrack

There were pictures posted by a member here that showed that a few weeks ago. Probably just to get equipment into the mansion easier but who knows.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From what I recall, a new, better themed camopy is being installed. The original canopy was only added in 1972; itself a temporary addition that lasted 36 years.

Disneybub

can someone post the pic I am having trouble getting on the site

here you go..
db_2007_0808_HauntedMansion11.jpg

db_2007_0607_HauntedMansionClosed29.jpg

db_2007_0808_HauntedMansion31.jpg

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I wish they would install a bigger queue back on the side of the mansion next to the tombstones. I love the shot above with the mansion unmolested. Looks good.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I wish they would install a bigger queue back on the side of the mansion next to the tombstones. I love the shot above with the mansion unmolested. Looks good.

I agree....plenty of room off to the left along the riverbank for a new covered queue. Didn't realize this was old news when I originally posted....sorry.

cb3k

I agree....plenty of room off to the left along the riverbank for a new covered queue. Didn't realize this was old news when I originally posted....sorry.
No worries, thanks a bunch anyways...I hope to see the queue revamped, which I believe will happen.

WDWRLD

Yes I tyoo love the look of the Mansion without the canopy. It would be nice if they could design and build a line somewhere back near the tombstones in the trees that could provide the shade and keep the area right infront of the Mansion for people to just walk freely and look at the details of the building. A few well placed benches and whammm....a new place to sit at night and relax while watching Spectro in the distance.

KevinFSU

The picture without the canopy really makes me see what a distraction it has always been. Looks kind of awesome without it. While certainly a welcome block from the sun, I think the mansion looks much better without it.

raven

Yes I tyoo love the look of the Mansion without the canopy. It would be nice if they could design and build a line somewhere back near the tombstones in the trees that could provide the shade and keep the area right infront of the Mansion for people to just walk freely and look at the details of the building.

A queue area like ToT among the trees would be very cool for the mansion. Add a little mist and it would be perfect! (not to mention it would cut down on the heat) :sohappy:

I always liked the canopy, especially when it rained or was really hot.

I agree the queue should still be covered in some way outside. The canopy wasn't really theamed to go along with the facod very well but something new along the same idea would work. Even under the canopy temperatures were still as hot without it. This was due to it's dark color attracting the heat instead of reflecting it.

mroman

A queue area like ToT among the trees would be very cool for the mansion. Add a little mist and it would be perfect! (not to mention it would cut down on the heat) :sohappy:

I agree, I thought the queue area of ToT is perfect, it enhances the mood of the ride not to mention providing nice shade and cooling with the mist. I don't know how feasible it would be to have something similar at HM but it's a great idea.

Jerm

From what I recall, a new, better themed camopy is being installed. The original canopy was only added in 1972; itself a temporary addition that lasted 36 years.

Now come on martin Disney would never do anything like that:lol:

I just can't wait till the thing gets open. I wont be able to see it in person till December, so I am expecting some great videos come mid september.

iheartdisney91

well as long as they mae the que look great im happy. and why is it for every referb they cover up the conservatory?.....(the green thing from the outside.)

raven

well as long as they mae the que look great im happy. and why is it for every referb they cover up the conservatory?.....(the green thing from the outside.)

I notice this too. It's like every time. Maybe the conservatory glass gets worn down more than the rest of the facod and needs to e replaced often. But then, it's it supposed to look a bit worn anyway?

Krimedog

im with whoever else said it, it does look unreal without the canopy, i like it much better. Maybe the new one will fit into the attraction better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom