Haunted Mansion refurb/Missing canopy

iheartdisney91

I notice this too. It's like every time. Maybe the conservatory glass gets worn down more than the rest of the facod and needs to e replaced often. But then, it's it supposed to look a bit worn anyway?

yeah, i know. hahah i dont know your prolly right. about it needing to be replaced more then the facade. or maybe they just re-paint ot to look good and old or something. idk

Ella's Mommy

here you go..
db_2007_0808_HauntedMansion11.jpg

db_2007_0607_HauntedMansionClosed29.jpg

db_2007_0808_HauntedMansion31.jpg

WOW!!! Thank you very much!!! I like it that way but I'm sure they wont keep it like that. Bummer:( Although I go kind of like the look of the dark canopy it does go with the spooky feel.

St. Germain

This reminded me of this "rumor" from back in March. Are we assuming that the canopy coming down has anything to do with this? Has anyone debunked any of this yet?

Screamscape.com:
Lance Hart writes:

"Unfortunately for the Haunted Mansion, it looks like the cost cutters may have won out again while John Lasseter is busy focusing on Disneyland’s new attractions.
Local spies tell us that while the Haunted Mansion will be closed for virtually the entire summer season, most of the upgrades and rehabs approved in the budget will make this a mostly “technical” upgrade to the attractions audio and lighting systems due to the poor state of the existing systems. Most of the scenic and themed improvements have been cut from the budget including some kind of huge new addition planned for the graveyard. The plans to rebuild a completely new entrance queue and exit area has also been canned in favor of a more budget conscious expansion to just the exit. The good news is that I’m told the ballroom scene will look great when the ride reopens because the plan to refurbish and replace much of the scene did manage to survive the budget cuts. Now if only someone could get Lasseter out of the Sub Lagoon in California long enough to take a look at what’s really going on in Florida, maybe there is still time to add a few more enhancement dollars to the Mansion. "

The bit about the ballroom seems out of place from recent rumors doesn't it? Maybe I've missed it but I haven't read anything much about the ballroom scene being refurbed.

Haunted Mansion Refurbishment

Hi All

I am getting ready to go to Disney (woohoo :) and I was checking the disneyworld website for updates. Under operational updates it says :

The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [August 9, 2007 to August 16, 2007]

Does this mean it is open earlier than expected? I am going August 15 to the 22nd and was really bummed to hear it was closed.

Thanks!! Michele

DisneyDellsDude

^^^ I don't remember reading that, but it sounds a lot like the current rumor for Space Mountain. (We're just going to update the queue now because of budget cuts...)

Glad that HM rumor turned out to be false!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hi All

I am getting ready to go to Disney (woohoo :) and I was checking the disneyworld website for updates. Under operational updates it says :

The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [August 9, 2007 to August 16, 2007]

Does this mean it is open earlier than expected? I am going August 15 to the 22nd and was really bummed to hear it was closed.

Thanks!! Michele

Weird, i see that too, but then it lists it closed for September too. Dunno what's happened.

Lee

Adventurer
Local spies tell us that while the Haunted Mansion will be closed for virtually the entire summer season, most of the upgrades and rehabs approved in the budget will make this a mostly “technical” upgrade to the attractions audio and lighting systems due to the poor state of the existing systems. Most of the scenic and themed improvements have been cut from the budget including some kind of huge new addition planned for the graveyard.
Just FYI...the major addition to the exit was cut long ago. No budget cuts happened after the initial greenlight for the refurb nearly a year ago. Yes, the technical aspects of the ride are being upgraded, but contrary to Lance's report, there is major plussing to many areas of the ride. Portrait Gallery, Load Area, Seance Circle, new Stairway scene, new Attic....lots more than just audio and lighting upgrades.

No. Ignore that. The site is often a bit haphazard with dates. It isn't going to open early.

tirian

Just FYI...the major addition to the exit was cut long ago. No budget cuts happened after the initial greenlight for the refurb nearly a year ago. Yes, the technical aspects of the ride are being upgraded, but contrary to Lance's report, there is major plussing to many areas of the ride. Portrait Gallery, Load Area, Seance Circle, new Stairway scene, new Attic....lots more than just audio and lighting upgrades.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Lee, but wasn't the "major addition" just a gift shop, anyway?

p.s. At least the villains weren't put in the old Fastpass distribution area like Entertainment wanted! :D

iheartdisney91

Hi All

Thanks!! Michele

you got me all excited. if you click sept. while your one the updates, HM is still closed.:( im bummed cuz i wont be able to ride it, maybe they'll be a glimmer of hope for a rather early soft opening:shrug:

erasure fan1

It's always seemed strange that The Haunted Mansion, unlike most other attractions, does not have its own gift shop.:)
Yea it does seem strange because the rides so popular. And we all know how Disney LOVES to give us reasons to part with our money.:lol: I know a lot of people who would spend a lot of money at a haunted mansion gift shop. Not me of course, that would never happen.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom