Haunted Mansion News

woofboy111

Originally posted by kaos

Does anyone think that with the new HM movie, a change in the HM will happen?:goodnevil

They're coming out with a Haunted Mansion Movie??? COOL!!! I know the country bears is coming, and then I heard that Pirates is coming after that, but I never heard the haunted mansion.

I guess Disney is following Universal and makeing movies after all of their rides.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by kaos
The audio needs to be fixed. It is very annoying to be riding in a doombuggie and know that the static is going to be coming. It detracts from the overall experience.

Does anyone think that with the new HM movie, a change in the HM will happen?:goodnevil

I don't think Disney would be THAT stupid...I mean, the attraction has a huge draw, clearly one of the most popular attractions at the MK. It would TOTALLY RUIN the attraction if you threw a pre-show with Eddie Murphy into it...HORRIBLE...I don't care if it's the best movie of all time (which it WON'T BE)...it would STILL ruin the ATTRACTION! Same with CBJ and the same with Pirates!!! Rehabs are fine, NO MAJOR CHANGES PLEASE!!!

Hyperion93

Original Poster
Personally, I am not distracted by the static. As a matter of fact, I hardly ever heard the static, and I don't try to. Improvement would be nice, but they don't need them right now.

WDWFREAK53

I agree...I don't think a MAJOR rehab needs to be done anytime soon...but I DO think the audio DEFINITELY needs to be fixed

dizpins14

What movies did Universal come out with based on their attractions? The only one I can think of is the Hulk coming out summer 2003 but that's not based on an attraction.

orlandoparks

Originally posted by dizpins14
What movies did Universal come out with based on their attractions? The only one I can think of is the Hulk coming out summer 2003 but that's not based on an attraction.
Spider-man

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by wdwmouse8
Spider-man

Sorry to keep OT here still...but I do believe that Spider-Man was based more on the comic book storyline [particularly the genesis of the character] than on the ride. I do not remember seeing anything in the film about Spidey fighting a whole team of supervillians who were bent on kidnapping historic landmarks [which is what the ride story is].

Just trying to keep the references straight...

Joe

woofboy111

Originally posted by dizpins14

The movies weren't really based on the rides, but they came out with a lot of stuff thats in Islands of adventture. The grinch, dudley do right, etc.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JoeZerboy

Sorry to keep OT here still...but I do believe that Spider-Man was based more on the comic book storyline [particularly the genesis of the character] than on the ride. I do not remember seeing anything in the film about Spidey fighting a whole team of supervillians who were bent on kidnapping historic landmarks [which is what the ride story is].

Just trying to keep the references straight...

Joe

I believe he said it sarcastically...because somebody mentioned the HULK movie/rollercoaster and the movie is obviously not going to be based on the coaster.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by wdwmouse8
Spider-man

Universal had nothing to do with the film.

The film was made and released by Sony.

Universal, in a newspaper article, even pointed out how they were having a difficult decision whether they should exploit the tie in with the movie and the ride, since they didn't want to be seen as promoting another studios film.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by BradleyJ

Universal had nothing to do with the film.

The film was made and released by Sony.

Universal, in a newspaper article, even pointed out how they were having a difficult desision wether they should exploit the tie in with the moive and the ride, since they didn't want to be seen as promoting another studio film.

From the looks of it...Universal didn't need to promote this film...it's the #15 top grossing US film of all time. (and still climbing)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If they did give the Haunted Mansion a rehab (although I highly do NOT recommend they do and go ruin another great ride) I think that they should do something about that huge black-light spider. :hammer: That's got to be the first thing to go! I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by saying that, but come on! :D

darthdarrel

I`m going to be a REBEL here and break with the majority here! LOL!:D
WHile I LOVE the Haunted Mansion,I would love to see them turn it into the PHANTOM MANOR! Has anyone seen the MPEG of the Phantom Manor ride at Disneyland Paris? I have it and Phantom Manor is SOOO AWESOME! The audio animatronics Are soo much better,LIFE LIKE! And it actually follows a storyline!Like I`ve said I LOVE THE HAUNTED MANSION,But PHANTOM MANOR is SOO much BETTER!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom