Haunted Mansion Mini-Update 2/13

Simba1

Original Poster
A couple enhancements/minor refurbs have been made to the Haunted Mansion during the past week. First, the aging man portrait in the foyer has received a new bulb in the projector or new slides because the portrait is very vivid as far as the color is concerned and is not jumping or doing anything that it was doing a couple weeks ago. Second and much more impressive... the scrims in the ceiling of the stretch rooms received a very thorough cleaning and to quote one cast member, "It hasn't looked this good in ten years!" True enough, you can see all the way up to the "attic" walls and windows and the skeleton hanging looks much clearer and pretty freakin amazing. Be sure to check it out on your next trip. Just passing this along because I figured you all would want to know.

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks very much for the update, I agree aswell that there are a few occasions throughout the attraction where the audio can bearly be heard.

Simba1

Original Poster
I didn't want this to turn into a complaint-fest about HM. I just felt these are really neat refurbs and really enhance the attraction experience. I heard so many people say things yesterday like, "I never noticed that before!" (Talking about the hanging Master Gracey...) Plus, this gives the impression that little by little, things are going to get done in the Haunted Mansion and for that I'm excited.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Simba1 said:
this gives the impression that little by little, things are going to get done in the Haunted Mansion and for that I'm excited.

Let`s hope so. Maybe next year it`ll get the full rehab it deserves (I guess this years lions share of the maintainence budget has gone to the other E Ride needing it)

shoppingnut

Thanks for the update. HM does need some TLC, so glad they are making a start, even a small one is welcome. It's one of my favorite rides.

ganny

thanks for the update. leaving in two days and can't wait to see it. i also agree that the audio is in bad need of upgrading.

SpenceMan01

I agree. We were there in Jan 05 and the audio was less than spectacular :( . I think it just needs some good 'ol TLC. It is a true classic in every sense of the word and I love that ride to death. (no pun intended)

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the update. I love it when they go back to the former maintenance methods and clean things "overnight" like they used to. Great to see the magic be maintained this way, all major concerns aside.

dxwwf3

Excellent news. I've said it many times that the HM was in terrible shape and now something is being done about it. Great to hear.

Sledge

Account Suspended
That's a good start. I like it. They really do need to do something about the audio. Everytime I ride there's problems with it.

PhilharMagician

I thought the audio was fine last week in our Doom Buggy, but when it go to rotate and has that never ending sway GRRR that has to go. It just feels like the omnimover is completely worn out and is about to hurl you into the graveyard.

jsfra209

PhilharMagician said:
I thought the audio was fine last week in our Doom Buggy, but when it go to rotate and has that never ending sway GRRR that has to go. It just feels like the omnimover is completely worn out and is about to hurl you into the graveyard.

LOL that is so very true!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom