Haunted Mansion Holiday at MK?

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
I heard and read rumors that they would be also bringing the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Holiday to MK in FL.

Anyone know if there is any truth in this?? :shrug:

primetime52

As much as I would love to have HM holiday at WDW, I do understand the arguments as to why WDW doesn't really need it (while DL does). WDW is much more of an international vacation destination, while DL is more of a 'local park' for SoCal residents. For a 'local park,' it makes alot of sense to have some rides change seasonally, as to give the locals all the more reason to visit the park several times per year. That's also the reason why DL often gives facelifts to their existing rides more frequently than WDW does.

The majority of WDW's customers visit yearly or even less frequently. Now, it is true that WDW does a nice job decorating and putting up lights for the holidays. However, from what I hear, HM Holiday is a pretty expensive yearly operation. It's probably not worth the expenses for WDW if you look at the situation from a business sense. It wouldn't change attendance dramatically enough to make it worthwhile.

Lee

Adventurer
The Nightmare Before Christmas rights are given/owned by Disneyland and cannot be transferred to WDW

Well....kinda. The rights could easily be arranged, much like was done with Tokyo. Little more money involved, but quite possible. Still won't happen, though.

What about the Jack Skellington party at MGM rumors?
Another in the long, long list of concepts that might never see the light of day.

scottnj1966

I am not sure why this is brought up year after year.

This was not really a very popular movie.

California is a much different place then Florida. Maybe that is the difference.

disnyfan89

I am not sure why this is brought up year after year.

This was not really a very popular movie.

California is a much different place then Florida. Maybe that is the difference.
What? You mean all those times they have re-released it into theaters was because they wanted to spend money on a product no-one wanted?

TP2000

Can I just say, before the usual reply shows up that goes something like.... "WDW will never do Haunted Mansion Holiday because WDW management would never close a ride for two or three months out of the year for redecorating because it would ruin peoples vacations, unlike Disneyland where everyone who visits there lives within a 20 minute drive and can just stop by on any random afternoon and not be bothered by ride closures. Also, Southern Californians are more picky about maintenance and updated technology and will complain faster than Florida tourists who are too sunburned and jet-lagged to notice broken stuff." :ROFLOL:

The truth is that the average yearly closure for Haunted Mansion at Disneyland for the last several years is around three and a half weeks combined. The Haunted Mansion is currently scheduled to be closed for 16 days in September to turn the ride into Haunted Mansion Holiday: September 10th through September 26th, 2007. And then the downtime after Christmas is often a few days shorter. This last year the Mansion was closed for 10 days to return it back to the regular ride: January 8th through January 17th.

Add that up and you get 26 days of combined downtime to both decorate it in September for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and return it back to the regular Haunted Mansion in January. 26 DAYS. Not months and months out of the year. Just two and a half weeks in September and about 10 days in January. That's it. And those are historically the slowest weeks of the year for Disneyland, and likely any theme park on the planet for that matter.

The yearly closures for Small World Holiday are even shorter, if I remember correctly. About two weeks in October to turn into the Christmas wonderland, and about 10 days in January to return it back to normal.

So let's just throw out that whole "WDW can't afford to close rides for months at a time without making grown men cry" thing as an excuse for why WDW doesn't do the big holiday ride overlays that Disneyland does. :wave:

EpcotServo

So let's just throw out that whole "WDW can't afford to close rides for months at a time without making grown men cry" thing as an excuse for why WDW doesn't do the big holiday ride overlays that Disneyland does. :wave:

Right. What he said....

:sohappy:

Peaches Magee

Original Poster
What? You mean all those times they have re-released it into theaters was because they wanted to spend money on a product no-one wanted?

Amen to that!
Seems there are more and more merch for it too. Like we went to the Christmas store in Downtown Disney here in FL in early May and in one of the areas there was a whole wall full of it that had never been there before.

I suppose it is a bit of a cult classic. A masterpiece in animation it definately is. And I am not goth, not even close... but I do LOVE Tim Burton creations and this being basically one of his first stepping stones... I believe it is very worthy of celebration and is extremely marketable.
I wish they would have it, I hear it is amazing in DL and I have seen pics and heard the soundtrack. Boo!
Guess I will have to save my cookies and make it out to Cali sometime.
For now I will enjoy going to the Not So Scary Party in MK in Oct. My first time and I cant wait, my hubby & son are pysched too!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom