Haunted Mansion Holiday 2015

HairyLegPirate

Original Poster
Hi everyone! My family and I are planning a Disneyland trip over Thanksgiving this year and we're incredibly hyped to finally be able to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday (we're huge NBC people and we watch the HMH bonus feature on the Blu-Ray more often than we watch the movie). Does anyone know when they typically announce dates for Holiday? My only concern is if they wouldn't do it this year for the 60th. (Also here's hoping they do something awesome with Hatbox Ghost!) Thanks!

Californian Elitist

The dates for HMH will be sometime in August through early to mid January. It's guaranteed to be there through Thanksgiving.

They will most likely still have HMH, despite the anniversary.

Mouse Trap

The dates for HMH will be sometime in August through early to mid January. It's guaranteed to be there through Thanksgiving.

They will most likely still have HMH, despite the anniversary.

I'll be heading over there beginning January 5th or 6th. Would you say there is a decent possibility that HMH will still be going on?

UofMGuy423

I'll be heading over there beginning January 5th or 6th. Would you say there is a decent possibility that HMH will still be going on?

I was there on those exact dates this year and the holiday overlay was still running. I believe though that it was scheduled to go down for removal the following week, so it's cutting it pretty close.

George Lucas on a Bench

Unfortunately, for fans of classic Haunted that don't like the Holiday version or prefer the classic version at Halloween time, Disney has been installing it earlier and leaving it running later. So you're basically screwed from late August to mid/late January due to closures and HMH operation. That said, if you enjoy it and want to experience it, it'll probably be open when you're there!

TuffyCatt

Am I reading correctly that they start installing HMH mid-August? How long is Haunted Mansion usually down for the install? Just curious - our trip to Disneyland is September 9-12, and I was fully expecting Haunted Mansion to be down for the install during that time. I'd much rather Haunted Mansion be opened during our trip (obviously), even if it has to be the Holiday version...so that would be a pleasant surprise.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
It typically opens the second Friday of September (the first day of Halloween Time) It takes about two weeks to install.

I'm looking forward to it. I love the HMH!

Last edited:

dweezil78

Based on current trajectory of earlier and earlier installation, HMH will eventually be installed the same weekend it is uninstalled, causing a paradox in which it is never installed and goes away entirely, leaving fans of the OG Mansion to celebrate and rejoice.

UofMGuy423

Having seen WDW's so many times, the HMH was a nice treat for us. But I can see the other view though, that's nearly half the year when it's set up as HMH.

HairyLegPirate

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I could totally see where a lot of people would like the original (especially for Halloween), but I'm pretty excited to see it for myself. Is it generally the same every year or do they ever switch it up?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Every year they create an elaborate ginger bread house or other creation for the ballroom table. That is honestly what I look forward to the most every year. My favorite has been a gingerbread man funeral procession. But they are always really creative.

Sometimes they also update show elements over the years like Leota was placed in what I assume is a giant christmas ornament and Jack Skellington in the stretching room was changed into a projection.

I wouldn't mind if HMH began after Halloween either. By the end of the holiday season, the mansion isn't a must ride since I've seen it so many times by then and want the original back.

Mukta

Every year they create an elaborate ginger bread house or other creation for the ballroom table. That is honestly what I look forward to the most every year. My favorite has been a gingerbread man funeral procession. But they are always really creative.
Last year's candy-cane-iron-maiden-gingerbread-man-torture 'ginger bread house' was my favorite. Just amazing.

TP2000

Am I reading correctly that they start installing HMH mid-August? How long is Haunted Mansion usually down for the install? Just curious - our trip to Disneyland is September 9-12, and I was fully expecting Haunted Mansion to be down for the install during that time. I'd much rather Haunted Mansion be opened during our trip (obviously), even if it has to be the Holiday version...so that would be a pleasant surprise.

The dates vary slightly year to year, due to fluctuations in the calendar. But for the last decade or so the Haunted Mansion Holiday rehab calendar has looked like this.

The installation takes 13 to 15 days, and usually begins the fourth Monday in August, usually reopening on the Friday after Labor Day. Sometimes they soft open on Thursday afternoon.

The removal takes 9 to 11 days and usually begins the second Monday in January.

7 or 8 years ago the removal rehab was extended into mid February due to a full repaint and wood refurbishment on the Mansion building itself.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom