Haunted Mansion closing for refurbishment in December and Yankee Trader refurb extended

Sped2424

More interesting is that they claim the prep work to include him shall be done in January at Disneyland so he can then be added last minute in may. Our mansion has a refurbished close to that as well.. could the prep work get done in the same time frame so that he could later be added in may over here too? We all know Phil loves the original mansion. I think this actually has a chance of happening.

DisneySaint

Terrific news! My trip was the 13-19 so I was going to miss it AND Pirates on the 17th (my only day in the MK and that happens to be the 1 refurb day) so at least I'll get one of them in.

bhg469

Terrific news! My trip was the 13-19 so I was going to miss it AND Pirates on the 17th (my only day in the MK and that happens to be the 1 refurb day) so at least I'll get one of them in.
Having both of those down would have been enough for me to reschedule my vacation. Glad you're getting the ghost host at least.

BigThunderMatt

Rode it last night. Nothing of noticeable difference other than two new signs before entering the foyer: one that says no more than three to a doom buggy and one that talks about riders under 7 needing to be accompanied by someone 14 or older. Whatever they were doing must have been mostly under the hood. There is still scaffolding and a tan tarp on the back side of the facade.

Mike S

Rode it last night. Nothing of noticeable difference other than two new signs before entering the foyer: one that says no more than three to a doom buggy and one that talks about riders under 7 needing to be accompanied by someone 14 or older. Whatever they were doing must have been mostly under the hood. There is still scaffolding and a tan tarp on the back side of the facade.
I remember seeing that sign about three people to a buggy during my trip so that's not new. The other sign I'm not so sure.

Mike S

Both signs were there in mid-November.
Thanks. For some reason I only remember one of them.

ETA: For people going on it after this refurb, check if the wallpaper in the right side stretching room has been fixed. Here's a pic from my last trip so you know what to look for.
image.jpg

kverdon

Is it "officially" open? Or just sporatically in "soft opening" or just for the Christmas Party. We are at AK today and when I check MDE it is listed as "closed". I was going to try to move our FP+ over there, I wonder if they let you get a FP+ yet? I don't want to mess up the FP+ we have if it is not available yet. Anyone been there today?

JoeCamel

Maybe they vacuumed the carpets and fixed the wallpaper? Didn't have time for much else.

Mike S do you mean the part above the portrait?

Sage of Time

Initially I thought the idea was for onride photos in this refurb. I assume there is no indication of that?
I really hope not.

EDIT: And Haunted Mansion Holiday is beyond crass and overdone. California can keep it. Rare that I say that.

DL's Haunted Mansion is not the version found in WDW, and I am beyond thankful about that. It's much too short, in terrible condition, and losing it to HMH for 4 months out of the year is not a nice thing. I really wouldn't want to see all that clutter in WDW's far superior Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom